Post a pic/gif/tweet that makes you say "very cool"

nnm

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

this hits you in the feels.

Some of the comments in the comments section are complaining about dressing up the kids as colonizers and shit. That's what those miserable fucks got from this video?

Yeah, those fucking colonizing native americans 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, crash_davis said:

this hits you in the feels.

Some of the comments in the comments section are complaining about dressing up the kids as colonizers and shit. That's what those miserable fucks got from this video?

Shit got dusty for me.

My daughter adopted two foster girls and it changed my life.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 10/24/2023 at 8:30 PM, Longhornstampede said:

I had a Schlitz beer about 19 years ago. Specs actually had some of the redux  in their coolers. I don't know if it survived that reincarnation

I don’t think it did.  I had some back then and it wasn’t the same.  Schlitz was the beer of choice in the 70’s and it was awesome—especially on draft.  I can still taste it.  IMO, the closest thing to that flavor is Miller High Life bottle.  That’s not surprising in that they both originated in Milwaukee.   

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:11 PM, HouTex said:

I don’t think it did.  I had some back then and it wasn’t the same.  Schlitz was the beer of choice in the 70’s and it was awesome—especially on draft.  I can still taste it.  IMO, the closest thing to that flavor is Miller High Life bottle.  That’s not surprising in that they both originated in Milwaukee.   

Schlitz went back to their 1960's recipe some years ago. I tell anyone who will listen that it's one of the most underrated 'cheap' beers out there. It can be hard to find (I've found it at central market in 6 packs) but if you see any grab some and give it another try. The original Shiner Premium is another very underrated beer also. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

Schlitz went back to their 1960's recipe some years ago. I tell anyone who will listen that it's one of the most underrated 'cheap' beers out there. It can be hard to find (I've found it at central market in 6 packs) but if you see any grab some and give it another try. The original Shiner Premium is another very underrated beer also. 

Will do.  My dad was a Schlitz distributor in the 60’s, 70’s and during the down fall in the early 80’s.  I drank a lot of Schlitz growing up.  There was always a keg on tap at my house.  Glorious times.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

I had some original recipe Schlitz 7-8 years ago in Minnesota. It was really good. They were the top selling beer for a good while post-WII, but the corporate geniuses were sold on the idea on cutting corners with a new recipe to maximize profits. Within a generation, they were out of business. There was also an ill-timed labor strike that hurt them badly (going by memory on most of this).

I used to buy Shiner Premium, but for some reason, I thought they had rebranded it as Shiner Blonde (which I can’t even find up here). If I find Premium, how do I know it’s the original, or is everything labeled Premium back to the original recipe?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I had some original recipe Schlitz 7-8 years ago in Minnesota. It was really good. They were the top selling beer for a good while post-WII, but the corporate geniuses were sold on the idea on cutting corners with a new recipe to maximize profits. Within a generation, they were out of business. There was also an ill-timed labor strike that hurt them badly (going by memory on most of this).

I used to buy Shiner Premium, but for some reason, I thought they had rebranded it as Shiner Blonde (which I can’t even find up here). If I find Premium, how do I know it’s the original, or is everything labeled Premium back to the original recipe?

Awesome post, thanks. I did know about losing market share and cost cutting, did not know about the labor strike. Re: Shiner Premium, they did re-brand it briefly as Blonde back in the late 90's iirc. It's sold as just Shiner Premium these days but they don't make a lot of it and it can be hard to find outside of the state. Shiner does have a beer finder app on their website so you can check availability in your area. Spec's has been pretty good about carrying it. Here's what you're looking for in either can or bottle.

008857311112.jpg.a79cf7c8358322f894d4f4d52200ce1e.jpg008857310006.jpg.9ef3d87b3fb2f215a4601f132a709b68.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/24/2023 at 10:11 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

Man....dogs are f'n awesome.

Also, a few years back, we visited a Scottish sheep farm near Selkirk (friends of my parents - at the time, the boy was super into sheep and loved lambs and such) in the very early spring.  I grew up in SETX, and am a duck hunter.  And holy shit, I've never seen mud like that in my life.  Wellington boots are a way of life there for a reason.

On 11/5/2023 at 9:59 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

Part of the change at Schlitz in the 70’s was to use rice as the adjunct grain.  The new CEO at Schlitz was from AB which uses rice.  Loyal beer drinkers could tell the difference instantly.  I was around 15 when the change occurred and I could easily tell that it was different and not in a good way.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Man....dogs are f'n awesome.
Also, a few years back, we visited a Scottish sheep farm near Selkirk (friends of my parents - at the time, the boy was super into sheep and loved lambs and such) in the very early spring.  I grew up in SETX, and am a duck hunter.  And holy shit, I've never seen mud like that in my life.  Wellington boots are a way of life there for a reason.

I didn’t know your boy was aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Pretty cool idea from Crown Royal.  Doesn't cost anyone anything other than a few seconds to click on some items for soldiers.  Share as necessary.

Send Free Military Care Package for Our Troops | Crown Royal

It also gives you a chance to add a note of some kind.  

Other than getting on Crown Royal's spam list and yet another example of companies mining us for data.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:57 AM, Underdog said:

Every once in a while I get sucked down a YT rabbit hole with regards to how things are made or cooked, especially in foreign countries tries.  I find the skills these people possess pretty amazing. 

People get eaten at wrestling events in Wyoming?   I did not know that.