• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

10 hours ago, nnm said:

Forget that noise. I don’t have enough time or energy to keep one family satisfied. Multiple wives, mothers-in-law, etc? GTFOOH

This.  I was speaking with a distant, distant third-cousin (or whatever distance it was) of ours a couple years ago.  He's a bit older than me so his dad was probably about 80 at the time.  We were talking about Covid lockdowns and he brought up how hard it was for his father (a man I've met maybe 3x in my life).  I asked if it was because his dad lost some friends or family members to the pandemic.  "No", he said, "Dad couldn't get back to Mexico for several months to see his other family"  I totally forgot, between binge watching "Big Love" reruns during Covid that some of our older Mexican relatives (however distant) used to have second families in Mexico.  I tried not to laugh but that was totally a thing for several decades with rapid transit (trains, cars, airplanes), men used to have entirely different families across the continent.  I didn't say it out loud, bu how in the fuck did people manage that?  I can barely handle my own and it's compact and conviently located upstairs.  Then I remembered this gem from childhood.  Will make you laugh out loud at times despite it's heavy drama:

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1