• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

There's a line of kid's books one of my daughters read when she was younger...   Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales.   One them, I shit you not, is titled "Donner Dinner Party."

https://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Hales-Hazardous-Tales-Donner/dp/1419708562

It's a great book and that series is greatness.  Alamo Allstars is straight gold.

• Hook 'Em 1

So all jokes aside, what were the 1870's really like?  Didn't realize they had flip-flops back then.  I guess we've had sandals in some form or fashion for thousands of years, so this tracks.  

I think there's a lot of us on here that caught the last train to Clarksville in terms of growing up.  My 1985-2005 was pretty fucking insane.  On the back end, there were cellular telephones and social media, but about 99% has been scrubbed from this Earth except from broken corners of my foggy brain.  We got lucky.  Nobody knows my Sesame Street viewing history.  No facebook, twitter, or tiktok..  I don't use my real name in real life  I pay for everything in cash.  Now understand Commander, you heard my torpedo hit the hull of my generation.  And I...was never here.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So all jokes aside, what were the 1870's really like?  Didn't realize they had flip-flops back then.  I guess we've had sandals in some form or fashion for thousands of years, so this tracks.  

The dances were pretty good, but the bull & bear fights were off the hook.

ftcms:7c33cd22-7b88-11e2-8eb3-00144feabd

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2