Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Post is from Grapevine.

That’s kinda like saying someone isn’t from North Richland Hills, but from Fort Worth. It’s not exactly a trek between the two.

My sister and her kids apparently knew Post Malone before he was Post Malone and went to some of his early shows where they were about the only ones there. I’d rather they knew Ewers, but such is my life. 

5 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

That’s kinda like saying someone isn’t from North Richland Hills, but from Fort Worth. It’s not exactly a trek between the two.

Okay. It's a fairly straightforward distinction. I'm not sure why you'd grow up in Grapevine and say you're from Southlake. You might say you're from Dallas. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Okay. It's a fairly straightforward distinction. I'm not sure why you'd grow up in Grapevine and say you're from Southlake. You might say you're from Dallas. 

Because Southlake > Grapevine. Not exactly the same, but I’ve known people to say they were from Highland Park, which turned out really to mean “in the vague direction of Highland Park.”

Hell, I wouldn’t say I was from Dallas if I were from Dallas. They’re more Fort Worth than Dallas, anyway. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Whoa hold up, we all know the track record of pussy! This is absolutely not a great development. Is he good, right now? What was their status before and after last years OU game? 

We sure QE ain’t trippin off all that sooner P juice. 

She was on the sidelines last year, so doesn’t seem to be slowing him down much.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

My sister and her kids apparently knew Post Malone before he was Post Malone and went to some of his early shows where they were about the only ones there. I’d rather they knew Ewers, but such is my life. 

Pre Malone | Post Malone | Post Malone | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Quinn was easily one of the best players in this game

Once he settled in, he was nails. OU defense played its ass off. 

Shocking how bad the takes are. Second INT not really his fault. JT didn’t put his hands on the ball well. Yeah he could disguised a bit more etc but JT was open and he missed the catch. 

the fumble he tried to hard, and it didn’t cost us anything.

first INT was all on QE.

the rest of his plays? Nails. Obscene completion percentage. We win a one play game and everyone raves about his 2-4th quarter stats.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Shocking how bad the takes are. Second INT not really his fault. JT didn’t put his hands on the ball well. Yeah he could disguised a bit more etc but JT was open and he missed the catch. 

the fumble he tried to hard, and it didn’t cost us anything.

first INT was all on QE.

the rest of his plays? Nails. Obscene completion percentage. We win a one play game and everyone raves about his 2-4th quarter stats.

This. Defense doesn’t get dick punched on the final drive and everyone raves about his all time stats and composure facing early game adversity. That changes be the defense pooped it’s pants? Nah.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s not Quinn’s fault that Sark made some shitty calls at the goal line. It’s not Quinn’s fault that Sanders couldn’t catch the ball and had a freak deflection. It’s not Quinn’s fault that PK was too much of a pussy to blitz DG.

QE was 31/37 for 346… his worst play was the fumble. He ain’t the problem.

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

It’s not Quinn’s fault that Sark made some shitty calls at the goal line. It’s not Quinn’s fault that Sanders couldn’t catch the ball and had a freak deflection.

QE was 31/37 for 346… his worst play was the fumble. He ain’t the problem.

He was abominable in the first quarter.  He didn't have much help.  But still, if the first quarter hadn't been such a freak show, the game might have turned out quite differently.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

He was abominable in the first quarter.  He didn't have much help.  But still, if the first quarter hadn't been such a freak show, the game might have turned out quite differently.

Well it was a one play game. So yeah. Any play by QE and probably 20 others that had nothing to do with him. 

Funny, pregame Sark was saying Quinn’s confidence was the biggest difference this year

It has improved, but it’s still an issue early in games. You can tell when he does and doesn’t look comfortable. I don’t think he got into a real rhythm until the drive that ended with the TD pass to Helm. That’s when it was clear he was feeling it.
  • Hook 'Em 1