Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If I’m sark I sit Ewers until the conference title game so he fully heals. We shouldn’t need him to win any of the games left in the regular season. In theory.

I dispute this even in theory. All five of those teams could beat us. It is going to be a gauntlet.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

uh, we almost lost to Houston, with Ewers.  Houston is awful.

Exactly. Even the bad teams are going to give us their best shot. Or we suck. Either way.

The minute Ewers can play we need to play him, not save him for later. There might not be a later.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

If I’m sark I sit Ewers until the conference title game so he fully heals. We shouldn’t need him to win any of the games left in the regular season. In theory.

You need to understand we will be fortunate to get to the conf title game. We will almost certainly be 10-2 at best for the regular season.

Also, you want QE taking meaningful snaps against Tech to be ready for OU again.

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

uh, we almost lost to Houston, with Ewers.  Houston is awful.

Washington should have lost to Arizona State at home and the Sun Devils are even worse. (Penix looked terrible btw)

North Carolina lost at home to Virginia.

OU nearly lost at home to Central Florida. 

It was a weird weekend.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Washington should have lost to Arizona State at home and the Sun Devils are even worse. (Penix looked terrible btw)

It was a weird weekend.

yes, which is why Ewers should play as soon as he is available.  not sit him until the CCG regardless but Helobious...

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

You need to understand we will be fortunate to get to the conf title game. We will almost certainly be 10-2 at best for the regular season.

Also, you want QE taking meaningful snaps against Tech to be ready for OU again.

Plus we really need to fuck up tech on the way out so it's imprinted on Joey's small brain his proper place.  Somebody get Quinn some Icy Hot and a heating pad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

For those bitching about Ewers checking down. This is what Ewers was seeing in long yardage situations. Outside of the pass rush, UH doesn't have anyone inside the sticks. They are leaving the RB open. Our guys need to learn to turn and get north and south in a hurry. No excuse not be able to gain a yard here.

Screenshot(425).thumb.png.2e746b84349ac317e18b7b7cd6e01cc3.png

This just makes me mad because I tried to click play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

26 minutes ago, The Dog said:

It was a weird weekend.

Add in FSU.  Duke was up and driving in Q4 when they pulled Leonard's   facemask and he re-injured his ankle trying to protect his neck and had to leave the game. Wheels came off after that.  Duke was very much in that game until RL was taken out.

Edited by jdhorn92

14 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Add in FSU.  Duke was up and driving in Q4 when they pulled Leonard's   facemask and he re-injured his ankle trying to protect his neck and had to leave the game. Wheels came off after that.  Duke was very much in that game until RL was taken out.

Yeah but Dook is a LOT better than Houston, Virginia, UCF, and ASU. 

(Dook has to play UVA later this year so watch them lose and prove me wrong.)

Edited by The Dog

Ewers has had some great games and some really shitty games. I have a feeling we’re going to see a game plan very similar to KU and Baylor last year when Ewers wasn’t great and we went run heavy and beat the shit out of both of those teams. I’m looking forward to seeing what we have in Murphy and possibly Manning with a week of practicing and playing with starters and the whole playbook at their disposal. Luckily the game is at home against an inferior opponent. 

I’m more concerned with the shitty defensive secondary than I am QB.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Did it work?

image.jpeg.eca5faac9b4624e9a1baa33b709f0e4d.jpeg

Did what work?  You made a statement that QE was hurt worse that "most" think based on zero information.   I never said he wasn't hurt. It looks like it's the least impactful of the three rumored outcomes (AC sprain vs separation or clavicle).  So in short,  go look in the mirror and ask yourself why you suck, and write I won't play internet Doctor 1000 times in your diary.  

8 hours ago, Thatguy said:

This stuff seems foreign to you? It's like you just started watching football last week.

That you think Sark had the time -- or even the thought -- for gamesmanship for FUTURE games in the midst of the fourth quarter of a tied (or one score) road game against an inferior opponent is just hard to believe. Sounds like an aggy fever dream to me. I promise you that was the furthest thing from Sark's mind at that point.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

facepalm-really.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheAuditor said:

Did what work?  You made a statement that QE was hurt worse that "most" think based on zero information.   I never said he wasn't hurt. It looks like it's the least impactful of the three rumored outcomes (AC sprain vs separation or clavicle).  So in short,  go look in the mirror and ask yourself why you suck, and write I won't play internet Doctor 1000 times in your diary.  

You might consider…..

image.thumb.jpeg.0d5273f8e199651b121a32405bdc80fc.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Our run game was actually solid despite neither back breaking a big one. 6 penalties were drive killers as opposed to just one penalty against UH

IMG_5933.jpeg

Brooks is generally >10 or <3.. His production mirrors the offense's production. Lots of big plays, but not a lot of consistent gains. Its why Texas offense sputters at times. Texas puts up all kinds of yards, but also finds itself behind the chains  lot. To be honest that is terrible production vs Houston. Houston has faced 5 P5 offenses. 3 of them have went over 200 yards. Texas is the only offense to go for under 150.. 

Edited by Codaxx

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

That you think Sark had the time -- or even the thought -- for gamesmanship for FUTURE games in the midst of the fourth quarter of a tied (or one score) road game against an inferior opponent is just hard to believe. Sounds like an aggy fever dream to me. I promise you that was the furthest thing from Sark's mind at that point.

facepalm-really.gif

Because no one has ever done that in sports right? Mahomes in the Super Bowl come to mind? Hell. No one can convince me that Baylor's QB couldn't play. Out for us and throwing for 300 the next week. The reason we were talking about it was because there was no way he hurt his throwing shoulder on the big hit. Which turned out to be true. He hurt it on a sack earlier in the game. It was more wishful thinking than anything.

Eventually we saw a clip of Pierce in a wheelchair being taken to the locker room as the crowd watched gloomily, only to reemerge just a few minutes later hopping and ready to play.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1623202-bizarre-moments-in-nba-playoff-history-paul-pierces-wheelchair-game

how the fuck does someone do that?

9 minutes ago, SOBMarcos said:

how the fuck does someone do that?

Hard to explain, but his facemask got yanked pretty bad and he shifted all his wait to his bad ankle to brace himself, looked really ugly. Kid is one tough SOB

Edited by jdhorn92

19 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Ewers has had some great games and some really shitty games. I have a feeling we’re going to see a game plan very similar to KU and Baylor last year when Ewers wasn’t great and we went run heavy and beat the shit out of both of those teams. I’m looking forward to seeing what we have in Murphy and possibly Manning with a week of practicing and playing with starters and the whole playbook at their disposal. Luckily the game is at home against an inferior opponent. 

I’m more concerned with the shitty defensive secondary than I am QB.

I'm just hoping the lack of Quinn causes Sarkbto get back to basics a bit and stop needlessly throwing momentum away at times. Let's lean on this oline and let the backs get some momentum. I feel like Baxter, especially, would benefit from getting the ball a bit more often. On paper, we should be better in the trenches than the rest of the teams currently on our schedule. 

Now secondary is a whole other story. When this staff was hired, I felt like secondary coaching might be a weak link. Three years in, and I haven't seen anything that completely puts those worries to bed. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

I'm just hoping the lack of Quinn causes Sarkbto get back to basics a bit and stop needlessly throwing momentum away at times. Let's lean on this oline and let the backs get some momentum. I feel like Baxter, especially, would benefit from getting the ball a bit more often. On paper, we should be better in the trenches than the rest of the teams currently on our schedule. 

Now secondary is a whole other story. When this staff was hired, I felt like secondary coaching might be a weak link. Three years in, and I haven't seen anything that completely puts those worries to bed. 

I keep hearing that our Offensive Line is so damned good....and our OC is a savant and our RB's are really good......and then I see us not be able to punch it in from 3 yds with a first down.... Over,Andover ... that I am now determined to quit listening!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

IMG_0309.jpeg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

I keep hearing that our Offensive Line is so damned good....and our OC is a savant and our RB's are really good......and then I see us not be able to punch it in from 3 yds with a first down.... Over,Andover ... that I am now determined to quit listening!

Our red zone woes this year are well documented. Sark hardliners blame the players. Those of us who see we have a pretty damn good roster (certainly the best in the Big 12) think it’s a Sark issue. Either way to have the roster and the OC we do (O Line issues aside—which again this is now Sark’s team):

Obviously this was posted before the UofH game but it’s inexcusable. The good news is we are 6-1 which speaks to the talent on our roster and the perseverance of the players as well. We keep fighting which is one thing I love and do give Sark credit for. We keep punching. This stat though: to be at the basement of the Big 12 on this is not acceptable. Not with our stable of RBs and WRs. Quinn is pretty damn accurate for the most part through games. You got to look at the play calling I guess and to a lesser extent player execution. 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nope said:

Unpopular opinion:  Quinn needs another year in college. 

Just now, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

I don't think that is unpopular....but there are QB's getting taken in 1st and 2nd rounds with fewer tools than he has. I think Riley Dodge is correct with saying that Quinns best football is ahead of him.

Yup. He'd definitely benefit from it but he's going in the first round after this year regardless. The only question is his injury history. 

I think he's likely the third QB taken after Williams and Maye. 

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't think that is unpopular....but there are QB's getting taken in 1st and 2nd rounds with fewer tools than he has. I think Riley Dodge is correct with saying that Quinns best football is ahead of him.

I am curious what tools Quinn has shown that puts him on that level (Day 1 or 2 pick).  I don't think he has a particularly strong arm.  His best attribute is probably mid range accuracy.  Still hasn't thrown the deep ball consistently, although the throw to Worthy was a thing of beauty.  He doesn't have the athleticism of someone like Anthony Richardson (nor the arm).      

EDIT: I forgot Will Levis went in the SECOND ROUND.  Neeeeeeeeevermind

Edited by Pound Town
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Pound Town said:

I am curious what tools Quinn has shown that puts him on that level (Day 1 or 2 pick).  I don't think he has a particularly strong arm.  His best attribute is probably mid range accuracy.  Still hasn't thrown the deep ball consistently, although the throw to Worthy was a thing of beauty.  He doesn't have the athleticism of someone like Anthony Richardson (nor the arm).      

this is bad. Texas is one of the few teams in the country running 18-20 yard curl routes. Most teams do not run those, because they do not have QBs with strong enough arms. I have no idea where this odd take that Quinn does not have a strong arm comes from. Its kind of bizarre. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

this is bad. Texas is one of the few teams in the country running 18-20 yard curl routes. Most teams do not run those, because they do not have QBs with strong enough arms. I have no idea where this odd take that Quinn does not have a strong arm comes from. Its kind of bizarre. 

It's mostly because Mel Kiper Jr said his arm was electric.  I just assume the opposite of what he says.

But now I am very curious.  When have we completed a 20 yard curl route?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

he doesn't watch Texas football.

image.png.a1e48bc98bdf85f85c57dd43af82c75c.png

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Our red zone woes this year are well documented. Sark hardliners blame the players. Those of us who see we have a pretty damn good roster (certainly the best in the Big 12) think it’s a Sark issue. Either way to have the roster and the OC we do (O Line issues aside—which again this is now Sark’s team):

Obviously this was posted before the UofH game but it’s inexcusable. The good news is we are 6-1 which speaks to the talent on our roster and the perseverance of the players as well. We keep fighting which is one thing I love and do give Sark credit for. We keep punching. This stat though: to be at the basement of the Big 12 on this is not acceptable. Not with our stable of RBs and WRs. Quinn is pretty damn accurate for the most part through games. You got to look at the play calling I guess and to a lesser extent player execution. 

The top teams on that list with a percentage of over 70% are as follows:

KSU (13th in total offense)

BYU (122nd in total offense)

Kansas (29th in total offense)

WVU (68th in total offense)

For reference, Texas is ranked 15th in total offense. Worse than KSU, but significantly better than all the other schools. Would you trade our offense for BYU's? Poor playcalling in the red zone and settling for FG is frustrating, but touchdowns are touchdowns. We just happen to be better at scoring with a long field than a compressed field. And that's not unusual - many otherwise great play callers struggle when they can't stretch the defense. This is also present in PK's "bend don't break" strategy for the defense that bows up in the red zone, using the defense's natural advantage on the compressed field. 

It's a problem. It needs to get better. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

1 minute ago, Park Gothic said:

The top teams on that list with a percentage of over 70% are as follows:

KSU (13th in total offense)

BYU (122nd in total offense)

Kansas (29th in total offense)

WVU (68th in total offense)

For reference, Texas is ranked 15th in total offense. Worse than KSU, but significantly better than all the other schools. Would you trade our offense for BYU's? Poor playcalling in the red zone and settling for FG is frustrating, but touchdowns are touchdowns. We just happen to be better at scoring with a long field than a compressed field. And that's not unusual - many otherwise great play callers struggle when they can't stretch the defense. This is also present in PK's "bend don't break" strategy for the defense that bows up in the red zone, using the defense's natural advantage on the compressed field. 

It's a problem. It needs to get better. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. 

I would not trade our offense. Not throwing the baby out with the bath water. As I mentioned in my post we are 6-1 and the other teams are not. So no. Would not trade. But as HC and OC much of the blame imo falls on Sark for this. I’ve offered a solution for that but that’s not going to happen. PK isn’t on an island and he falls under Sark.  Being better in the RedZone and we are 7-0. There is very little room for error in CFB because you have to be perfect or maybe drop a game (possibly two if the committee likes you and you win your conference championship) to get to the CFP. The offense is Sark’s baby and it is entirely within his purview. That’s what I meant. I didn’t suggest throwing Sark out. I’m proud of how our players are resilient and preserve through games and keep punching. That’s a great thing. We only have the one loss and hope is we get to the Big 12 CCG. Having better RedZone success takes us to that level. But that is all different now because we don’t know how long Quinn will be out nor how he will be throwing when he comes back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

It’s pretty fucking idiotic. His arm strength is why his footwork (which is improving) was so shitty

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2