Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

53 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Genuinely curious. 

1. When was the last time Ewers hit a deep pass? OU game last year?
2. How many times has he completed v  missed ? I’m guessing it’s 5 - 45

It's one of the most bizarre things I've seen from a QB rated that high. The simple odds are that he should have hit one today

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Yeah but Aaron Rodgers himself said Quinn was a stud. And he also likes the way Quinn plays football too.

He makes throws almost no one can make. He also takes way too long to go through progressions and makes lazy throws that don’t work at this level 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

He makes throws almost no one can make. He also takes way too long to go through progressions and makes lazy throws that don’t work at this level 

I’m not sure what throws he makes that others supposedly can’t make. There’s no throw on the field he could hit that Maalik couldn’t. Maalik looks like he has way more arm talent than Ewers.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m not sure what throws he makes that others supposedly can’t make. There’s no throw on the field he could hit that Maalik couldn’t. Maalik looks like he has way more arm talent than Ewers.

He flashed some pretty amazing ball placement last year. MM definitely has elite arm strength. 

Just now, Dilligas said:

So if all this is true what does it say about the coaches responsible for choosing the better QB?

I had this same convo earlier.  It reminds me, horrifyingly, of the Simms vs Applewhite conundrum.  I'm sure Ewers looks great in practice.  If he can't turn it on under the lights, I don't give a fuck about practice.  There are plenty of people who don't perform well in games, but look great in practice.  It's on the coaches to figure that out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

The lame ducks he was lobbing today make David Ash look like Aaron Rodgers.

What is up with that? I swear last year in the first half of the season he looked to have some serious power, would just flick it and boom ball was sent with a mission. Not so much this year…. Was it the injury?

Edited by achooloco

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just the footwork alone (which everyone said Ewers had improved on this year) looks far worse than Maalik.

I will say Maalik’s didn’t look perfect. Had some some tendency to throw off the back foot. 
But the jump pass, throwing off the back foot on deep balls was supposed to have gotten fixed. It looks worse 

20 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

What progressions? He panics after the first read isn’t there even if guys are wide open. Throwing it to the back of Sanders’ head makes me think he doesn’t even look at the other options on the field, he just is on first read autopilot. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

27 minutes ago, achooloco said:

What is up with that? I swear last year in the first half of the season he looked to have some serious power, would just flick it and boom ball was sent with a mission. Not so much this year…. Was it the injury?

when he throws deep, it looks like he throws the ball up, instead of downfield

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

How does this dude have a job doing what he does? Lmao

I think most of Surly could make that pass, it’s the other ones we’re worried about and the reads past option one.  That’s literally a ten yard pass right in front of the QB and the only person he looked at.  

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I still don’t get all the hype Ewers got after the spring game. And today didn’t change anything for me.

His footwork is atrocious. It was in that spring game and was today. That mixed with his utter inability to check down after his first target is kryptonite to lasting success. 

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

His footwork is atrocious. It was in that spring game and was today. That mixed with his utter inability to check down after his first target is kryptonite to lasting success. 

I don’t even understand how the footwork stuff can still be happening. Like are we not teaching him or is he just not doing it. It’s not as though he has some small issues. His footwork is like he’s never even watched someone throw a football. I really don’t get how it can still be this big of a problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Sark needs to forget about his rep as a QB developer and move on to the next guy for the good of the team.  He seems to think benching Ewers makes him look bad.  And no that's not my opinion after one game against Rice.  This shit has been going on since the middle of last year.   If your offense needs a guy to throw deep to work, and the guy at Q! can't do it, then change the guy.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I don’t even understand how the footwork stuff can still be happening. Like are we not teaching him or is he just not doing it. It’s not as though he has some small issues. His footwork is like he’s never even watched someone throw a football. I really don’t get how it can still be this big of a problem.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952t6ifwyejcudnawi19oe

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

His biggest problem isn't his footwork, which is dogshit, it's his complete inability to make any presnap adjustments. Blitzes not getting picked up, runs into outnumbered fronts, thise are on him to recognize and adjust at the LOS.

Also, I feel like its weird that nobody thinks him losing 30 fucking pounds is weird. He no longer has the size NFL teams are looking for, and it also looks like its affected his arm strength. 

The dude we faced tonight is like looking into the future

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

His biggest problem isn't his footwork, which is dogshit, it's his complete inability to make any presnap adjustments. Blitzes not getting picked up, runs into outnumbered fronts, thise are on him to recognize and adjust at the LOS.

Also, I feel like its weird that nobody thinks him losing 30 fucking pounds is weird. He no longer has the size NFL teams are looking for, and it also looks like its affected his arm strength. 

The dude we faced tonight is like looking into the future

He even lost that mustache which looked like some kind of Bosnian war crime.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

did he really pick up rubber pellets to check the wind on the shitty deep ball out of bounds?  if so, that's really all you need to know.  he's completely fucked in the head on deep balls.

Every time he throws a shitty deep hall, this is all I see in my head. But replace she with he.

IMG_2012.gif.e1695f852d174bc6707549e841a884ba.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Ewers was 0/7 on pass attempts traveling 15 yards or more, according to BON.

I can't believe how bad he's regressed. Against bama was something special 49-0 none of us thought that was possible in real life. Anything passed 10 yards he struggles, after his first read he panics, I think I saw him air a pass deep while jumping wtf is in his head? On top of all of that the oline struggles. I'm rooting for the kid but you have to wonder if he will finish this season as the starter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, naija said:

when he throws deep, it looks like he throws the ball up, instead of downfield

that's the bullshit high school wrist flick thing with shitty footwork.  it looks cool and works....in high school.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 2

Quinn just needs some Uncle Rico confidence and start slinging that pigskin like a pork chop upside Napoleon's face. 

13 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Look at his dance after the TD. Eerily similar footwork.

https://x.com/hookemheadlines/status/1698096629641847252?s=46

A one and a two and a one and a *buffering*... two

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet