Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

6 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Walter Cronkite (to Armybrat): "What sort of day was it? A day like all days, filled with those events that alter and illuminate our times... and you were there."

No, but my GGGGrandpa was there, and he ran like a rabbit like the other survivors.

Seriously, I hope the O-line has developed and improved to give Quinn and our running backs   a better chance of success.

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

No, but my GGGGrandpa was there, and he ran like a rabbit like the other survivors.

Seriously, I hope the O-line has developed and improved to give Quinn and our running backs   a better chance of success.

Putting aside any debate about Armybrat's exact vintage, you make a good point about the o-line. I'm not as optimistic as many people on here are. I don't think they'll be bad, but they will need to take a big step in pass protection. Ewers got hammered last season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 9:09 AM, LTtxfan said:

John Wick memes with Quinn are gonna be popular this year...

The Longhorns are favored to win the Big 12 and are expected to make a push for a spot in the playoff if everything goes right for them. However, they are embracing the mentality that everyone is coming for them and that they have a “target” on their back. Something Quinn Ewers compared to movie character “John Wick” who is often pursuing villains, but also has those same villains pursuing him.

“I mean I think there’s always a target on our back,” Texas quarterback Quinn Ewers said. “But we also put a target on our opponents. It’s kind of like John Wick. He’s being hunted, but at the same time, he’s hunting them as well."    

On 7/14/2023 at 9:26 AM, Longboard Horn said:

F08sMkCWYAAVNMi?format=jpg&name=large

48h_338f5261-54f7-4a26-af09-034d80adfbc1.jpeg.1b323343990953ce771a91d8d643d360.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

Not a pro, but better than last year.  He seems quite a bit more comfortable, a bit aware of his desired message.  He’s just 20, so he will get better.

Getting older won't necessarily help.  His support team or agent need to get him public speaking and interviewing training... it would really help Quinn improve.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, Quinn does not like to do interviews.  Tons of nervous tics, etc.  It's not necessarily a bad thing, the guy is only 20 years old, but I hope he gets more comfortable in that spotlight over time.

He will. Ewers isn’t naturally charismatic with interviews but he comes off as authentic which is all that matters. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Levi said:

He will. Ewers isn’t naturally charismatic with interviews but he comes off as authentic which is all that matters. 

I bet part of his lack of confidence right now is based on his own disappointment in his play last season. When he’s back to lighting it up this year I bet he will look a bit more comfortable. He definitely seems like a pretty introverted guy though, nothing wrong with that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Throwing in the general vicinity of receivers the majority of the time also matters. Questions will get easier if he masters this first.
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 5:14 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Man, Quinn does not like to do interviews.  Tons of nervous tics, etc.  It's not necessarily a bad thing, the guy is only 20 years old, but I hope he gets more comfortable in that spotlight over time.

It seems Colt wasn't much more confident at that stage of his career either.  Entering the year after last year's roller coaster ride, it seems that he's trying hard not to put out any bulletin board crap or words he'll have to eat later.     And like some of y'all said, he does seem somewhat shy, so good chance he was hiding behind his mullet and swagger.  He's playing all that down now, like the Athletic article said.  Phase 2 of building a great leader/QB.

• Hook 'Em 1

Throwing in the general vicinity of receivers the majority of the time also matters. Questions will get easier if he masters this first.
Well, that - and not throwing most of those deep passes to a receiver who couldn't adjust to the ball or catch it when it got there.

1 hour ago, Dignan said:

When QE signed my sons Spring Game poster, he also put “W” on the Alabama, Tech and ou games. Sooooooo yeah, I’d say he is serious about the season. :)

When QE signed my sons Spring Game poster, he drew a picture of John Wick next to the Rice and Wyoming games. Sooooooo yeah, I’d say he is serious about the season. :)

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet