Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Crosspost...   Thx for this  @Longhornlove 

Quinn Ewers Alamo Bowl Analysis

1 day ago

I think this is a reminder of the potential and the frustration of the Longhorn offense in general. Poor routes, dropped balls, missed throws. In general last season always seemed to be a play away from breaking out. The passing game was so inconsistent and it was a multitude of factors, which was really frustrating. If Quinn wasnt off, it was usually missed stunt/blitz or a receiver being off. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I think this is a reminder of the potential and the frustration of the Longhorn offense in general. Poor routes, dropped balls, missed throws. In general last season always seemed to be a play away from breaking out. The passing game was so inconsistent and it was a multitude of factors, which was really frustrating. If Quinn wasnt off, it was usually missed stunt/blitz or a receiver being off. 

What did Marion actually do besides tweet?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Lets hope he fixed some of that sloppy footwork

I don't really understand this stuff, but he still looks like he's hopping around a bit during the spring game. It's interesting to compare his footwork to Murphy and Manning, who don't have Ewer's touch but seem to get more planted before throwing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Agreed.

I hope we see some back shoulder throws this year as well as Quinn not try to finesse the ball on some throws  and just rocket the mother fucker in there.

Like need to see X knocked on his ass once or twice because the ball hits him in the chest so hard. 

5 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

I don't really understand this stuff, but he still looks like he's hopping around a bit during the spring game. It's interesting to compare his footwork to Murphy and Manning, who don't have Ewer's touch but seem to get more planted before throwing. 

I watch that and see dramatically improved footwork from the previous video.

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Who fucking cares. Give me Colt’s arm if it’s attached to his brain. Speaking of imagine Ewers natural arm talent with Colt’s everything else… I’ll be in my bunk.

If we’re able to pick and choose, just give me another VY.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I mean of course we would all take another Vince but a Ewers/Colt combo has first overall pick/HOF potential on top of MNC/Heisman potential. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/19/2023 at 9:13 PM, Horn Dogg said:

I'd be cool with another Colt or Sam too. Just bleed Orange and put all you got into it. Hell, even Jerad was a bad mother fucker and couldn't even throw. 

49-0 against Oklahoma is the standard, and Ewers did that last year. Give me more of those this year and win the b12 and suddenly Ewers goes down as an all time Longhorn great QB.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/19/2023 at 5:50 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

I don't think the world or Surlyhorns knows how hard/far Murphy could sling it if he had to.

Are you fuckin' kidding me -- of course Surly knows...

Everyone knows that SurlyHorns has the most knowledgeable CFB experts in the World.

C'mon Man

Edited by LTtxfan

Kirk Herbstreit shares belief in Texas QB Quinn Ewers: “It’s his team”

One of the more notable people to offer support for Ewers is ESPN analyst and former Ohio State quarterback Kirk Herbstreit, who discussed Ewers and Texas on Wednesday at  On3’s NIL Elite Series.

“Talking and listening to Texas folks off the air, it sounded like it was pretty obvious that Quinn and experience — think about what he’s been through. He went to Ohio State essentially as a senior in high school. Ends up going back, transfers to Texas back home, deals with a lot of scrutiny, and what that does is it hardens you.”

He continued saying:

“When you become a hardened veteran, you become a different guy. Not to mention how he played last year, there were some ups but there were some downs. He had to endure that. What you see now, even though he’s only in his first year getting done, is a guy that’s been through it. I think it allows him to play at a different level of maturity. Arch has probably got a really bright future, but for me, right now it’s Quinn Ewers’ chance. It’s his opportunity. It’s his team.”

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2023/06/02/texas-football-longhorns-quinn-ewers-kirk-herbstreit-confidence-roster-2023-arch-manning/

Edited by LTtxfan

At least, this year there's another QB on the roster (and arguably two) who can step into the QB1 role if and when Ewers stumbles. If he does stumble and Sark lets him stay on the field, we'll have all information we need to send Sark packing.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

With Manning on the roster, I really doubt Sark will be "sent packing" anytime soon.

Doubt all you want. If Sark puts up yet another in the long line of seasons that have earned him the sobriquet "Seven-win Steve", he's on the edge. The only reason we'd keep him at that point is to keep Manning  out of the portal, and that may be waived by the family if we have a replacement acceptable to them.

Doubt all you want. If Sark puts up yet another in the long line of seasons that have earned him the sobriquet "Seven-win Steve", he's on the edge. The only reason we'd keep him at that point is to keep Manning  out of the portal, and that may be waived by the family if we have a replacement acceptable to them.

It’s damn near impossible to see how this team only wins 7. Or 8. BurntOrange&White and I could be co-coordinators and bring us 7.

The roster is built out. Really the only limitation is experience. You’d prefer 3rd year Olinemen to second year guys. But we’ve also got shit you’ve never seen before - Jones, Whitt - guys on their 5th years of not redshirting. While we may be short on experience in some places, we’ve got lots of it in others.

Hell some have expressed their concern at the 3rd TE spot as one of the bigger concerns. Don’t lose sleep over that.

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I was feeling really good about this season until I saw that Herbie interview.  If that broke dick mf’er thinks Ewers is going to be good, we are definitely fucked.  

im ok until ketch starts saying championship level team, thats when you know the bottom will drop out 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet