Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20230823-083912_kindlephoto-7158482.png.658d488102cb556b0bd26512dc757e9e.png

Quinn Ewers was named to the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award watch list on Tuesday, the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Educational Foundation, Inc. announced. The award is given annually to the top senior or upperclassman quarterback set to graduate with their class.

Ewers, a sophomore entering his third season of college football and second campaign at Texas, played and started in 10 games last year. He was 172-for-296 for 2177 yards and 15 touchdowns over six interceptions. He ended the year with a flourish in the Alamo Bowl versus Washington, and was named the starting quarterback of the Longhorns by Steve Sarkisian following the completion of the Orange-White Game in April.

Ewers was also named to preseason watch lists for the Maxwell Award, the Davey O’Brien Award, and the Walter Camp Player of the Year.

The Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award has been given annually since 1987. Texas has one winner of the award in its history when Colt McCoy took home the honor in 2009. A who’s who of college football quarterbacks have won the honor including Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, Jason White, Matt Leinart, Andrew Luck, Marcus Mariota, Deshaun Watson, Joe Burrow, and Mac Jones.

Johnny Unitas was an 18-year NFL veteran who played at Louisville ahead of a storied career with the Baltimore Colts.

The 2023 award winner will be presented the Golden Arm Award trophy by The Johnny Unitas Educational Foundation President, John Unitas, Jr., as well as other notable attendees at the Golden Arm Award banquet and celebration at the Four Seasons Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland on Thursday, December 7, 2023. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/38233399/2024-nfl-mock-draft-preseason-round-1-predictions-32-picks

8. Commanders

The Commanders named second-year quarterback Sam Howell as their starter, but they also have a new owner and uncertainty surrounding the future of the front office and coaching staff. Howell showed promise in his one start in 2022 and could play his way into the job long-term. But Ewers, one of the highest-rated prep recruits of the past decade, has fantastic all-around ability at 6-2 and 200 pounds.

He missed a month of his 2022 season with a shoulder injury and has been uneven at times (15 touchdown passes to six interceptions last season), but he flashed command, accuracy and second-effort ability outside the pocket. Will he now take the next step under Steve Sarkisian and elevate the Texas program back to greatness before potentially being an answer under center for Washington?

Edited by pacman

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Took a little longer than expected for Klatt's CTE to kick in. 

Klatt is the Fox mouthpiece.  He loved on us and hated on ATM every chance he got last couple years.  We were the B12 bell cow.  Now we are leaving, Fox gets new BIG12 contract/structure, and he's changed his tune.  He's now on a "I'm from Missouri - show me" stance with Texas for 2023.  Gonna be lots of 2 negatives, 1 positive above the program from him all year.    Expect the gloves to come off with a heavy anti Texas campaign from him starting a year from now.  (or right after Mich game)

• Hook 'Em 4

Cowherd: “Arch is more talented and Ewers doesn’t play well in big games! He unravels against Alabama!”

Klatt: “who’s Alabama’s QB?”

Cowherd: “Texas is a glamour program”

lol I’d be worried if Collin was picking us to win it all like he is with Michigan. Dude didn’t know shit about CFB just repeats the same shit

IMG_1189.jpeg

On 8/9/2023 at 9:33 PM, LTtxfan said:

Just popped up on my YouTube options...

Quinn Ewers vs Washington 2022 | 2024 NFL Draft Film |

Man. Watching that was definitely a Quinn Ewers season in one game. Great numbers, but A LOT of the throws are short or swung out to backs. Even then some of the passes were off the mark, receivers had to contort to make a catch. Some throws were just bleh. Some were great downfield and dropped. All over the place really.

I can't wait to see what happens when his great throws are combined with great effort and great play calling. Also, what is Casey Cain's 40 time? 4.99? Geez, he looks slow as hell in that video. IS IT SATURDAY YET?!?!?!

42 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

9/12 for 134 yards.  Yep, he "unraveled".  Good take, Colin.

Yeah he's saying this year Nick Satan has had time to prep, and he's not a mobile QB, and he's going to unravel in the Bama game. Then Sark is going to have to put in Arch.

Totally aloof to the real situation in the QB room -- forgetting Murphy completely. 

Klatt corrected him and said Arch played no competition and his family isn't pushing him to start right away ect...

Murphy is probably the guy if Quinn gets hurt. The only way Quinn loses the job is if he gets hurt though, I don't see him unraveling Cowherd is a fucking goof. 

Still I watch every time they are talking CFB because I can't get enough.

11 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah he's saying this year Nick Satan has had time to prep, and he's not a mobile QB, and he's going to unravel in the Bama game. Then Sark is going to have to put in Arch.

Totally aloof to the real situation in the QB room -- forgetting Murphy completely. 

Klatt corrected him and said Arch played no competition and his family isn't pushing him to start right away ect...

Murphy is probably the guy if Quinn gets hurt. The only way Quinn loses the job is if he gets hurt though, I don't see him unraveling Cowherd is a fucking goof. 

Still I watch every time they are talking CFB because I can't get enough.

Well, the statement that "Ewers doesn't play well in big games" would seem to be something he could back up with significant data.  Obviously, Quinn played well enough against 'bama, he just got hurt.  He went 31/47 (66%) with 1 TD 0 INT against UDub, not world on fire stuff but hardly bad.  He went 21/31 (68%) with 4 TD 1 INT against Oklahoma, again, not an All-American performance but pretty fucking good.

Which "big games" has Ewers not played well in, if not 'bama, UDub, and OU?

It's just another stupid ill-informed Cowherd spew of nonsense.  I mean, sure, he might be PREDICTING a bad showing against 'bama this season, but he made a statement of fact that is not grounded in reality.  One might actually say Ewers plays as well or better in big games than the others.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 3

Well, it doesn’t help that Rice is punking our OL but Quinn ain’t the dude.  Sanders at Colorado put up 45 with the bottom leftover of college football at OL against a defense far better than Rice on the road.  Quinn was supposed to be the best rated recruit in the last 15 years.  He doesn’t even look like the best qb on our roster.  

• Hook 'Em 3

He's been quicker with the ball to start the second half but still hasn't hit a deep ball or even made a good throw on one. They float and hang up too long. Sark's offense needs a deep ball thrower. Even Mac Jones' relatively spare ass could uncork accurate deep balls. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet