Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

4 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Lot of overreaction to a freshman playing like a freshman. He has an exceptional arm and he'll look completely different by next year. 

I’m sure he’ll look completely different playing QB for Arizona State or SMU. Actually he’ll just look the same.

It’s not overreaction. It’s just admitting that what your eyes tell you is the truth. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
Typing
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's kind of crazy he wasn't sacked and frankly rarely pressured today.  That's what makes his INTs today so WTF.  The one to Cook, yea Cook fell but there were three Kstate guys over there so even if Cook doesn't fall that's a 1 on 3 "50/50" ball.  Then the botched screen pass, I mean I don't even know what to say there.  

He is pretty tall so the funny thing is visually I think he "sees" the field better than the 3-4 inches shorter Ewers and early it even looked like he was standing tall and progressing through reads. That seems like something to continue to try and take advantage of, because he doesn't seem to be able to throw well when on the move and likely not something that fixes itself in a week.  

He wasn’t sacked because he was throwing picks. He should have eaten the sack on the horrific pick in our red zone, he did the exact same thing vs BYU just this time KSU was able to capitalize.

• Hook 'Em 1

His 2nd full game but lots of high school mistakes. He’s going to need a lot of time but still can be good in a couple of years . He’s clearly raw.

That said, Sark is obsessed with the deep ball. He needs to stop being stubborn and turn into a 70/30 run team until Ewers returns. Our O line is good enough to grade these next 3 teams. Even run a Red option series. No business for Maalik to continue being allowed to be a gunslinger. He’s not ready.

I agree with y’all that said that it would have been a mistake to throw Arch out there. Shit, if MM got hurt, I would have been ok with Wright coming in to as a game manager and not turning the ball over.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

From IT:

On the subsequent drives Murphy was 8-25 for 93 yards at 3.7 ypa with two interceptions and a number of near-miss throws into danger.

that’s the numbers after his first three drives that I said was the worst job of QB play I’ve ever seen at UT (more or less) certainly when texas has good players. 

Adding further color to that he missed 7 wide open guys, 2 of which were clearly Td’s and in addition to the 2 picks he also had two dropped by KSU that hit them in the hands. 
anyone trying to polish that performance is Iraqi press minister level lying to themselves. 
I say that, again, completely ecstatic about the win and thrilled that we are 8-1. 

It’s not truly all that hard to keep 2 thoughts in your head at the same time. 

This is what I'm talking about.  It is not a stretch to say that what we've seen from Maalik the last two games is among the worst quarterback play we've *ever* had.

He is lucky as hell to *only* have 4 turnovers.  It should be 7 or 8.

There is absolutely no reason not let Arch at least have a series here and there and see how it goes.  What, we're afraid he's gonna throw a pick or two?  We fucking know Maalik is.

God dammit, I just hate the idea that we have to play Maalik.  No.  We really don't.  We don't have to have this gas can drive the best season we've had in 14 years into the fucking wall.  He is not ready for this.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

Good lord.  Vegas had us at as a 3.5 point favorite for a reason.  They basically had the game as a tossup if it had been at a neutral site.

You don't get to pick from some magic bucket of great alternatives to Quinn.  You get Maalik, Arch, or some dude from my wife's high school.  Yes, Maalik melted down.  He shouldn't start over Quinn (thread title).  RIght now, he's what we have and we're 2-0 with him starting the game.  If you think Arch should start ahead of him you're an idiot.  What other choice do we have?

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

He wasn’t sacked because he was throwing picks. He should have eaten the sack on the horrific pick in our red zone, he did the exact same thing vs BYU just this time KSU was able to capitalize.

Yea there is some pressure but the way he so nonchalantly throws this to a lineman is so fucking wild.  I mean if that was a screen and Brooks is the target, he's standing covered right in the middle of the line.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's Sark's job to bridge the gap with Maalik until Quinn returns. Maalik was miles better than last week for about 2 quarters. Then it all fell apart. I'd imagine Sark's going to figure out what works and what he needs to do to make it easier for Maalik to not overthink things. But Christ, there's zero reason to throw Arch to the wolves, especially with 2 road games coming up. Make the offense work for Maalik. Run the ball more. Figure out what worked against TCU in their losses and use it. 

Basically, earn your fucking money Sark. 

Bummed Red fucked up his only touch today too. 

It's crazy we have all these badass running backs and gadget guys and run 0 screens today. 

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Basically, earn your fucking money Sark. 

Bummed Red fucked up his only touch today too. 

It's crazy we have all these badass running backs and gadget guys and run 0 screens today. 

Texas completed a screen pass today…...to a KSU player 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea there is some pressure but the way he so nonchalantly throws this to a lineman is so fucking wild.  I mean if that was a screen and Brooks is the target, he's standing covered right in the middle of the line.  

That's the worst throw I've ever seen

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

From IT:

On the subsequent drives Murphy was 8-25 for 93 yards at 3.7 ypa with two interceptions and a number of near-miss throws into danger.

that’s the numbers after his first three drives that I said was the worst job of QB play I’ve ever seen at UT (more or less) certainly when texas has good players. 

Adding further color to that he missed 7 wide open guys, 2 of which were clearly Td’s and in addition to the 2 picks he also had two dropped by KSU that hit them in the hands. 
anyone trying to polish that performance is Iraqi press minister level lying to themselves. 
I say that, again, completely ecstatic about the win and thrilled that we are 8-1. 

It’s not truly all that hard to keep 2 thoughts in your head at the same time. 

Wow, that was a rough. Now look how good sark can make Malik look with his play calling randomly haha. If arch is even 3/4 of what he’s suppose to be and he stays healthy with sark, we are looking at some monster seasons coming up. I’m gruntled by that. 

41 minutes ago, immamac said:

Folks…it was not good today. It was unequivocally bad. Maalik drug his nuts over our and their faces tonight. I still think this team wins out even with MM, but holy fuck. 

@ztejas you summoned me and let this be known. Any time you summon me the bet is paid. You have 48 hours to make right or I pay it and you are gone until you square up. 

You better be careful. Dude might destroy you

• Like 1

Just now, 6th Street said:

That's the worst throw I've ever seen

Yes, I mean as QB you make a bad decision to force it into a spot you shouldn't be throwing to 7-12 yards downfield and it gets picked that happens (see Milroe against us). Those are bad decisions/throws but this was just a toss up to a not looking offensive lineman basically within 2 yards of the LOS.  How the fuck you do that?

• Haha 1

He’s throwing with anticipation, where the receiver should be. Brooks was held up by the DL. That’s why there was no one there. If the lineman blocks that guy, it’s just incomplete.

Malik needs to learn when to throw it away. He’s probably got too much faith in his arm right now. Ewers had the same issue to a point last year.

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Interesting.  Upon watching that again, it looks like Brooks was trying to get to the flat for a screen but was held but no call...imagine that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Starting to look like the Mannings are calling the shots if Arch plays or not. No idea why they wouldn't want to get his feet wet but it makes no sense that Sark hasn't run him in there for a play here and there.

See this is what I’m talking about. Never been an athlete, drunk or dumb as a sack of rocks. Benefit of the doubt I’ll bet on drunk. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Starting to look like the Mannings are calling the shots if Arch plays or not. No idea why they wouldn't want to get his feet wet but it makes no sense that Sark hasn't run him in there for a play here and there.

Or maybe it's still Phil Simms!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

From IT:  On the subsequent drives Murphy was 8-25 for 93 yards at 3.7 ypa with two interceptions and a number of near-miss throws into danger.  that’s the numbers after his first three drives that I said was the worst job of QB play I’ve ever seen at UT (more or less) certainly when texas has good players. Adding further color to that he missed 7 wide open guys, 2 of which were clearly Td’s and in addition to the 2 picks he also had two dropped by KSU that hit them in the hands. 

anyone trying to polish that performance is Iraqi press minister level lying to themselves. I say that, again, completely ecstatic about the win and thrilled that we are 8-1.  It’s not truly all that hard to keep 2 thoughts in your head at the same time. 

Who at Inside Texas wrote above comments??

The last part above reminded me of a quote:

"if you polish a turd it's still a turd"  😁

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, troph said:

See this is what I’m talking about. Never been an athlete, drunk or dumb as a sack of rocks. Benefit of the doubt I’ll bet on drunk. 

Yeah, that was an especially stupid take.  Shades of "Phil Simms demanded Chris get the job over Major" bullshit back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m sure he’ll look completely different playing QB for Arizona State or SMU. Actually he’ll just look the same.
It’s not overreaction. It’s just admitting that what your eyes tell you is the truth. 
He's already gotten offers from much higher profile teams, and I don't think anything he's done the past 2 games will change that. A lot of QB's who have gone on to have respectable NFL careers struggled early on. I'm still amazed every time I watch an NFL game and realize at one time I thought all the QB's on their roster would never make it to the league.

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He’s throwing with anticipation, where the receiver should be. Brooks was held up by the DL. That’s why there was no one there. If the lineman blocks that guy, it’s just incomplete.

Malik needs to learn when to throw it away. He’s probably got too much faith in his arm right now. Ewers had the same issue to a point last year.

Anticipation…on a screen pass. A do what. Watch that replay, 4 or 5 times if you have to. Brooks shucks that DL and sits down in between his blockers, in no universe does he keep running to the sideline away from the mass of his OL on a screen pass. He should throw that ball down at brook’s feet or into the upper deck of the stands, or turn and hit kleiman in the face with it. Anything but tossing it to their only defender on the sideline. That might be the worst play in Texas history if you take all the context into consideration. Those are 3 star k-state recruits, an all American LT, several all conference players mixed in and most likely an all American rb. Fuck my life. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This is what I'm talking about.  It is not a stretch to say that what we've seen from Maalik the last two games is among the worst quarterback play we've *ever* had.

He is lucky as hell to *only* have 4 turnovers.  It should be 7 or 8.

There is absolutely no reason not let Arch at least have a series here and there and see how it goes.  What, we're afraid he's gonna throw a pick or two?  We fucking know Maalik is.

God dammit, I just hate the idea that we have to play Maalik.  No.  We really don't.  We don't have to have this gas can drive the best season we've had in 14 years into the fucking wall.  He is not ready for this.

Good grief man, you werent alive or sober during the swoops years? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Anticipation…on a screen pass. A do what. Watch that replay, 4 or 5 times if you have to. Brooks shucks that DL and sits down in between his blockers, in no universe does he keep running to the sideline away from the mass of his OL on a screen pass. He should throw that ball down at brook’s feet or into the upper deck of the stands, or turn and hit kleiman in the face with it. Anything but tossing it to their only defender on the sideline. That might be the worst play in Texas history if you take all the context into consideration. Those are 3 star k-state recruits, an all American LT, several all conference players mixed in and most likely an all American rb. Fuck my life. 

GG shovel pass says hi. 😬 

• Haha 1

Arch wouldn't be worse. Mainly because of how insanely bad those ints and missed ints were. He wouldn't be mistake free but he wouldn't be making elementary QB mistakes. 

Secondly the first Arch TD will break the internet (as well as first INT). It's a net positive for the program to have Arch on the field for development/perception. 

All that said here's to hoping Quinn suits up next week for a TCU route for eternal scoreboard. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Interesting.  Upon watching that again, it looks like Brooks was trying to get to the flat for a screen but was held but no call...imagine that.

Of course it was supposed to be a screen.  But there's a reason that when DL don't bite and screens are covered that QBs are taught to spike it at the RB's feet and not to float it aimlessly into the flat

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yes, I mean as QB you make a bad decision to force it into a spot you shouldn't be throwing to 7-12 yards downfield and it gets picked that happens (see Milroe against us). Those are bad decisions/throws but this was just a toss up to a not looking offensive lineman basically within 2 yards of the LOS.  How the fuck you do that?

I don't know, if that pass is thrown a second earlier Hayden Connor is taking it to the house.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers