Game Week- Texas Tech

Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I can’t wait to get out of this chickenshit conference. 

They bevy of just ridiculously bad calls (defensive holding, phantom fumble, recovery, bumping into HC, no safety and now this “defenseless qb” bullshit. 

Fuck this conference and its shitty collection of referees. 

The Big 12 has no one to blame but themselves for the irrelevance that is coming soon. And if we’re being honest, the irrelevance that has existed for a few years now.

A round-robin schedule with no conference championship game, the “One True Champion” slogan, and you don’t set up a rule for tiebreakers? Really?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, po elvis said:

off topic, but i see media asked another coach (tech guy) about the horns down.

was wondering when the last time somebody got a flag for horns down and how many times has somebody gotten a flag for it? the media sure likes bringing it up.

And yet here you are bringing it up. It's a dumb rule and only makes it worse.

12 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Surprised no one has posted this classic yet 

One of the greatest plays to see live of all time. I will go to my grave hearing that shot. 

I almost forgot- tech are only second to  aggy in being the biggest pussies in life and on social media 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Fine by me. I would like a regular rotation of our former Big 12 conference mates on our schedule but I have no problem leaving out Tech. Or Baylor. Mostly Baylor though.

40 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Just loop OSU, K-State, Tech, and Iowa State. Once every four years is good.

Why though? Just because we have in the past? Screw that. I hope they all rot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, clownin72 said:
On 9/20/2022 at 11:12 AM, Wally Pryor said:
Dodged Beth doing pxp for the game. Stuck with Rod Gilmore on color but thankfully she is being shipped to Cincinnati for the IU game. 

Some will never understand the joy and relief this carries. Only thing worse would be Beth with Lowell.

don'tch you blaspheme in here

5 hours ago, MrBig said:

I suspect the NCAA’s appeal denial was influenced by the “breaking news” out of Van Zandt county of Overshown’s slap on the wrist way back in Dec 2021. 

This is the same county where the DA, Tonda Curry, is a Tech Law grad. Convenient timing for this to come out the week of the Tech game. 

best of luck to tceh's cigars on their 7-for-1 gentleman's agreement

1 hour ago, fatheryeet said:

The writer gave it away when he complained that Texas "never acts with anyone else's interests at heart"

i've heard the same thing from alumni of 20 different schools nationwide who have never done anything in anyone else's interests other than their own

why is big evil texas required to act with anyone else's interests at heart?

• Hook 'Em 2

I can’t wait to get out of this chickenshit conference. 

They bevy of just ridiculously bad calls (defensive holding, phantom fumble, recovery, bumping into HC, no safety and now this “defenseless qb” bullshit. 

Fuck this conference and its shitty collection of referees. 

What’s funny is everybody wanted texas gone and they now are. Tcu, tech, osu, Kansas state, etc.

Y’all got it, texas is gone and life is beautiful for you. So much money about to happen.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, po elvis said:

off topic, but i see media asked another coach (tech guy) about the horns down.

was wondering when the last time somebody got a flag for horns down and how many times has somebody gotten a flag for it? the media sure likes bringing it up.

Every time I see that question asked in a presser I assume it's dumb fuck Kirk Bohls or dumber fuck Brian Davis.

• Haha 1

FCB

Hudson Card has been taking the first-team reps this week and appears to be on track to make his second start of the season on Saturday at Texas Tech.

Quinn Ewers (sternoclavicular sprain) is progressing well and probably could play if absolutely necessary, according to team sources.

But Texas is aiming for the Longhorns’ home game against West Virginia on Oct. 1 for Ewers’ most likely return date to allow the injury he suffered against Alabama on Sept. 10 to heal as much as possible. As Sarkisian has said previously of the injury - “It’s nothing structural. It’s not surgery driven. It’s not broken. It’s not ligament damage.”

Basically, it’s an extremely painful aggravation of the cartilage that connects the sternum and clavicle that takes time to heal. If the injury isn’t allowed to heal and continues to get aggravated, the intense pain returns and could linger for weeks, sources said.

As we reported previously, freshman quarterback Maalik Murphy suffered a wrist injury in a scooter accident, but Murphy has recovered enough to resume practicing this week.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

FCB

But Texas is aiming for the Longhorns’ home game against West Virginia on Oct. 1 for Ewers’ most likely return date to allow the injury he suffered against Alabama on Sept. 10 to heal as much as possible. As Sarkisian has said previously of the injury - “It’s nothing structural. It’s not surgery driven. It’s not broken. It’s not ligament damage.”

Basically, it’s an extremely painful aggravation of the cartilage that connects the sternum and clavicle that takes time to heal. If the injury isn’t allowed to heal and continues to get aggravated, the intense pain returns and could linger for weeks, sources said.

The medical info here is wrong anyway but tldr; FCB.   The docs who have actually evaluated Ewers will return him when he is ready. 

Edited by horny_gunman
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

FCB

Hudson Card has been taking the first-team reps this week and appears to be on track to make his second start of the season on Saturday at Texas Tech.

Quinn Ewers (sternoclavicular sprain) is progressing well and probably could play if absolutely necessary, according to team sources.

As we reported previously, freshman quarterback Maalik Murphy suffered a wrist injury in a scooter accident, but Murphy has recovered enough to resume practicing this week.

More or less what I had been hoping/expecting re: Quinn’s timeline. Get him back for WVU so that he can get live reps. Make sure that he’s good to go health wise for OU sucks and not coming back straight off the bench 

Edited by NYCHORN2013
Forgot “not”
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, NYCHORN2013 said:

More or less what I had been hoping/expecting re: Quinn’s timeline. Get him back for WVU so that he can get live reps. Make sure that he’s good to go health wise for OU sucks and coming back straight off the bench 

Same.

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Apparently the Tech OC Zach Kittley is a Kingsbury protege. Mentored Mahomes and put up video game #s and HBU and Western Kentucky before joining Tech. Hope our DBs are up to the task of covering in space. Jamison is good for 1-2 huge coverage mistakes per game. 

At this point the entirety of Kittley's success is tied to former HBU and WKU QB Bailey Zappe.   Texas Tech is his chance to prove it wasn't the "Joe Burrow" of FCS making that offense go.

• Hook 'Em 3

Apparently the Tech OC Zach Kittley is a Kingsbury protege. Mentored Mahomes and put up video game #s and HBU and Western Kentucky before joining Tech. Hope our DBs are up to the task of covering in space. Jamison is good for 1-2 huge coverage mistakes per game. 

Jamison has been decent to good this year. The main thing I hold against him is dropping the INT in Bama territory. Watts is probably the biggest concern, especially after last week. UTSA was happy to go after him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Jamison has been decent to good this year. The main thing I hold against him is dropping the INT in Bama territory. Watts is probably the biggest concern, especially after last week. UTSA was happy to go after him.

Watts got schooled by those UTSA WR. He's better suited for Safety. Would like to see Guilbeau get some more snaps at CB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Watts got schooled by those UTSA WR. He's better suited for Safety. Would like to see Guilbeau get some more snaps at CB. 

This reminds me of when 6th Street said a freshman Casey Thompson should be getting snaps over Sam. 

Moving a true freshman who has only repped at Nickel, and has struggled in games there, to outside CB would be one of the dumber moves the coaching staff could possibly make. Though, I can’t say I’m surprised this is the best 6th Street could come up with. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, fatheryeet said:

The writer gave it away when he complained that Texas "never acts with anyone else's interests at heart"

Guess we missed the memo where UT was given responsibility of other schools and their futures. Fuck Tech, may they roam the desert for many decades to come and may their raider rash increase 10x on their campus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

If we are able to beat Tech with Card at quarterback I will be both surprised and impressed.

I just don’t see it. 

Then again, I questioned Ewers before the OU game so I’m kinda that guy.

To be fair, the game plan last week didn't really do him any favors. I'm not necessarily holding my breath, but for my own sanity I'm assuming that he'll do better if Sark chooses to build the game plan around him and ramp him up with more easy completions instead of just having him air it out deep a few times with no previous rhythm.