9.19.22 Coach Sark press conference 11 AM

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

It makes me laugh that guns down is a rule too Joey you fucktwit...

Is that even a thing with anyone?

I guess to do it right, one would need to turn their elbow up in an awkward position in order to have the fingers pointed outwards with the index finger down. Of course, that is not how a proper horns down works , so perhaps just turn The wrist down. But then that just looks like you are pointing at the ground or your dick. I guess that's why nobody does it.

Come to think of it, guns up is pretty stupid too. Carry on.

2 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Is that even a thing with anyone?

I guess to do it right, one would need to turn their elbow up in an awkward position in order to have the fingers pointed outwards with the index finger down. Of course, that is not how a proper horns down works , so perhaps just turn The wrist down. But then that just looks like you are pointing at the ground or your dick. I guess that's why nobody does it.

Come to think of it, guns up is pretty stupid too. Carry on.

see Mike Davis...

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

We did that once and got a penalty for it, right after Tech did horns down and got nothing, Big 12 refs suck dick.

Wasn't that the origin of the whole, "horns down is a penalty" thing?  I thought after the game you reference, Mack was asked about it and he said something along the line of be consistent.  If one is a penalty (holstering the guns), then both should be (horns down).  Stupid for either to be a penalty, but pretty basic logic that rules should be applied consistently.   

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Wasn't that the origin of the whole, "horns down is a penalty" thing?  I thought after the game you reference, Mack was asked about it and he said something along the line of be consistent.  If one is a penalty (holstering the guns), then both should be (horns down).  Stupid for either to be a penalty, but pretty basic logic that rules should be applied consistently.   

yep. had they just not called Davis on it, they could still be doing horns down.  I'm sure the idiot Toby McQuire has no idea the irony of his comment.  

we are gonna stomp these fuckers to bolivian and holster guns on their logo.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, jinx said:

I think Sark should just say fuck the Big 12 and run Overshown out there to start the game. Are they gonna forcibly remove him from the field?

Word is the Big 12 refs need more time to review the tape so Demo will be suspended for the entire Tech game and the first half of the following game.  If UT wins the appeal the Big 12 will issue an apology.  

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, there's a casebook for refs and one of the play examples describes the Overshown sack exactly.  It is not targeting in the book.

165. Targeting and Making Forcible Contact in the Head or Neck Area of a Defenseless Player

Quarterback A7 drops back to pass. Blitzing linebacker B52 is unblocked [Overshown]. B52, with his head up, runs through A7, wrapping him up and making forcible contact with the facemask to the head of A7. B52's actions do not include an indicator of targeting. The referee throws a flag and (a) announces a foul for targeting a defenseless player; or (b) announces a foul for roughing the passer. RULING: (a) The play is reviewed for all aspects of the targeting ruling: whether there was an indicator of targeting, whether A7 was defenseless, and whether forcible contact was made above the shoulders. Overturn the ruling of targeting and B52 is not disqualified. (b) The replay official confirms the ruling on the field of no targeting. The roughing the passer foul is enforced.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Modessit said:

So nobody asked about the post-game handshake? Seems like something some of our tabloid reporters would ask.

In the UTSA thread the SA media asked Traylor about it and he said it’s was so loud after the game that neither of them could hear each other and had to repeat things over and over.

He also said at one point they lost their headset feed with the press box for a drive and said that the DKR staff taught them a few things about piping in music and sound to right up to the snap and it was so loud on the sidelines it caused them some issues.

If you got the time, it’s a solid set of questions and much more functional than the local Austin media’s bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, stork642 said:

Word is the Big 12 refs need more time to review the tape so Demo will be suspended for the entire Tech game and the first half of the following game.  If UT wins the appeal the Big 12 will issue an apology.  

The Big 12 is gonna try to appease future member UTSA in its review process!