Texas A&M @ Alabama Sat. 7:00pm CBS

Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, Vermin said:

No way in hell they get to 8-4. South Carolina, Ole Miss, and LSU are decent teams. Auburn is on the road. They are a poorly coached, young, mentally weak team.

They are not finishing 5-1.

Plus Florida.

They are going to lose at least two more. I think 7-5 is likely at this point. The only guaranteed win is UMass. 

This Alabama team reminds me of Mack’s 2010 team.  They are totally dependent on Bryce Young on offense.  I think the rapid decline is coming unless they can recruit from the portal a stud QB to play in BoB’s offense.  Very unlikely. 
I would love for us to validate this point next year in Tuscaloosa.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vermin said:

Ahh the good old aggy misread.  When having any grasp of the concepts of situational awareness and nuance would come in handy in ones assessment, you can always count on aggy to have none.  

So a road loss to a Bama team playing what appears to be a horribly skilled/prepared and or both backup QB, yet still ran for almost 300 yards and you had right there for the taking but your own horrible QB and offense couldn't ultimately take advantage is a giant step forward.

Never change.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

This Alabama team reminds me of Mack’s 2010 team.  They are totally dependent on Bryce Young on offense.  I think the rapid decline is coming unless they can recruit from the portal a stud QB to play in BoB’s offense.  Very unlikely. 

Yea their 288 rushing yards AND 399 yards of total offense with a QB who processed offense like a middle school QB looked like they are REALLY losing it.  I'll weep for them, just don't know how they are gonna make it. 🙄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea their 288 rushing yards AND 399 yards of total offense with a QB who processed offense like a middle school QB looked like they are REALLY losing it.  I'll weep for them, just don't know how they are gonna make it. 🙄

It is kind of amazing that if that player named Bryce Young plays in last night’s game then the score is probably something like Bama 42 and A&M 10.  I figure Young screws up and throws one INT to give A&M a short field.  With a QB that can actually throw the ball Bama goes through that vaunted defense like a hot knife through butter.  Also, the Bama D would be pinning their ears back most of the game with a big lead.  QB makes all the difference in the world and we can see that with Card versus Ewers and how our team plays.  

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy probably loses to Ole Miss and maybe one more. They could lose more, but the problem is SCAR, LSU, FL, and Auburn are all bad teams. Bunch of cripple fights. 

I think ole Miss and LSU are the other losses.  UF would beat them if it were in the swamp but it ain’t.  7-5 is what they are looking at.  Of course no recruits will bail on them for some mysterious reason even after a season like that.

Bama looking forward to Tennessee, Bama playing about as bad as Bama can play, multiple unsportsmanlike conducts on Bama that should have been flags on aggy, multiple pass interference that never gets called on Bama, youth football level QB play and you still lose. lol

I’m always glad for a win even if it’s ugly and that merde last night was hideous. Tennessee is big time on the rise. The atmosphere Saturday will be like Austin on week one, then add the extra hate factor, then add Tennessee hasn’t beaten Bama since W was president, and you have the formula for an embarrassment in Knoxville. Who the fuck knows - congrats Horns on skunking, depantsing and dry reaming OU, the ponies pulling the little wagon and Ichabod Venables. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

I thought that it looks like Saban has fallen in the Mack trap of just recruiting by star rankings and not doing evaluations.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bamboozled73 said:

That 2010 team sucked. You mean 2009 that was just dependent on Colt + Shipley + the defense? 

2 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

The fact that he has already broken that last play down from last night is why he is Nick Satan.

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

I’m always glad for a win even if it’s ugly and that merde last night was hideous. Tennessee is big time on the rise. The atmosphere Saturday will be like Austin on week one, then add the extra hate factor, then add Tennessee hasn’t beaten Bama since W was president, and you have the formula for an embarrassment in Knoxville. Who the fuck knows - congrats Horns on skunking, depantsing and dry reaming OU, the ponies pulling the little wagon and Ichabod Venables. 

What's the cigar thing about?

3 hours ago, Bamboozled73 said:

Their skill players aren't very good other than Gibbs and BOB is a terrible OC. 

The RBs are Alabama's strength so they should be running more zone read with Young and Gibbs. I thought with MIlroe that Alabama would finally adapt but I underestimated how big of a moron BOB really is. 

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

I thought that it looks like Saban has fallen in the Mack trap of just recruiting by star rankings and not doing evaluations.

I’ve watched two full Bama games this year now and I’m pretty surprised by their relative lack of talent. Young and Gibbs are great, other than that this doesn’t look anything like the typical Bama team to me. Even the massively hyped defensive guys have looked…fine I guess?

They’re still gonna end up with a nice final record because Young is so good and the SEC is down this year. But if I were an NFL scout watching last night’s game, I wouldn’t have seen a lot to get excited about. 

Also, I guess I’m way in the minority, but I think Jimbo’s final play call is defensible. Stewart’s job is to run his guy into the end zone, then cut it back and the ball should be waiting for him. If it works as designed, it’s an almost impossible to stop way to get 3 yards.

The problem is that Stewart hooked too soon (probably because he’s a true freshman that knows he’s getting the ball in a huge moment and he got over excited) and King’s throw was both too late and way off target. The timing between QB and WR has to be impeccable there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I’ve watched two full Bama games this year now and I’m pretty surprised by their relative lack of talent. Young and Gibbs are great, other than that this doesn’t look anything like the typical Bama team to me. Even the massively hyped defensive guys have looked…fine I guess?

They’re still gonna end up with a nice final record because Young is so good and the SEC is down this year. But if I were an NFL scout watching last night’s game, I wouldn’t have seen a lot to get excited about. 

We’ll find out here. About to go Tenn, Miss St, LSU, Ole Miss. If they’re winning the West again, it’s this stretch. 

39 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Also, I guess I’m way in the minority, but I think Jimbo’s final play call is defensible. Stewart’s job is to run his guy into the end zone, then cut it back and the ball should be waiting for him. If it works as designed, it’s an almost impossible to stop way to get 3 yards.

The problem is that Stewart hooked too soon (probably because he’s a true freshman that knows he’s getting the ball in a huge moment and he got over excited) and King’s throw was both too late and way off target. The timing between QB and WR has to be impeccable there.

Stewart's route was fine. Ball was way late and never even made it to the end zone. Stewart came back to the field because he had to if he was going to reach the ball.

I still find it funny after Bama opened their season against fucking Utah State, people chattering this is the best Bama team ever under Saban lulz. We seem to hear that every year now. This Bama team even with Bryce Young is not even close to the stronger Bama teams in the past. The fact Hudson Card should've beat them earlier says all you need to along with aggy's shitty backup QB almost beating them. Sure, Bama also had their backup but with Bama's stockpiled talent they have, it shouldn't matter, especially at home against a weak aggy team. 

38 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I still find it funny after Bama opened their season against fucking Utah State, people chattering this is the best Bama team ever under Saban lulz. We seem to hear that every year now. This Bama team even with Bryce Young is not even close to the stronger Bama teams in the past. The fact Hudson Card should've beat them earlier says all you need to along with aggy's shitty backup QB almost beating them. Sure, Bama also had their backup but with Bama's stockpiled talent they have, it shouldn't matter, especially at home against a weak aggy team. 

Alabama team from 3 years ago would have steamrolled this Aggie team even without Bryce Young.