2018 College World Series

sidis

7 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I actually feel sorry for Arky.  I really do.  For a while, I didn't think that Arky had the best team, until they had won 4 straight.  Then, last night, with two outs, and two strikes....they come within a strike or catching a pop fly from winning the national championship.  They were soooooy close.  That's what really stings.

Then, the best team gets a super clutch hit to tie the game and another homer to win it...all the air went out of Arky, and you could just tell they came in flat tonight, and OSU had that extra something, and they got lights-out performances from their freshman pitcher and clutch hits.  20 straight outs by their pitcher and Arky never recovered.  So, although I do not like Arky, I can't imagine how they will feel for the rest of their lives, knowing they were on the edge of their dugout, ready to go dog pile, only to let it get away.  They did have a great team this year,  actually the 2nd best.

On the other hand, fuck 'em.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I actually feel sorry for Arky.  I really do.  For a while, I didn't think that Arky had the best team, until they had won 4 straight.  Then, last night, with two outs, and two strikes....they come within a strike or catching a pop fly from winning the national championship.  They were soooooy close.  That's what really stings.

Then, the best team gets a super clutch hit to tie the game and another homer to win it...all the air went out of Arky, and you could just tell they came in flat tonight, and OSU had that extra something, and they got lights-out performances from their freshman pitcher and clutch hits.  20 straight outs by their pitcher and Arky never recovered.  So, although I do not like Arky, I can't imagine how they will feel for the rest of their lives, knowing they were on the edge of their dugout, ready to go dog pile, only to let it get away.  They did have a great team this year,  actually the 2nd best.

This is well written, well thought-out and expertly delivered.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

It's the ultimate agony of defeat. I could only have enjoyed it more if it were aggy.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That’s odd since NCAA.com lists Arkansas as one of the national champions on their site in the section titled “College Football National Champions from 1869 to 2017”

I guarantee you that aggy would claim it and have it plastered all over that wall and some kind of little trophy in their empty championship room.

• Like 1

I attended all three games. Was over after the 9th yesterday. Bad mojo all around town today,  Everyone knew it even though they tried to trick themselves. Reminded me of Nelson Cruz and Rangers in 2011. 

Anyway great city and event. My first to go to. Just a great experience. Plan to come back and bring my boys. 

Last night was incredibly painful, only topped by tonight’s confirmation of what we already knew. Great season but major missed opportunity.

Congrats to the Beavers on an earned championship.  Wish we had a bunch coming back to get redemption like they did, but we lose a good many.

So drink my internet tears and enjoy my loss......

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

I attended all three games. Was over after the 9th yesterday. Bad mojo all around town today,  Everyone knew it even though they tried to trick themselves. Reminded me of Nelson Cruz and Rangers in 2011. 

Anyway great city and event. My first to go to. Just a great experience. Plan to come back and bring my boys. 

Last night was incredibly painful, only topped by tonight’s confirmation of what we already knew. Great season but major missed opportunity.

Congrats to the Beavers on an earned championship.  Wish we had a bunch coming back to get redemption like they did, but we lose a good many.

So drink my internet tears and enjoy my loss......

You're two-strikes clapping visor guy, aren't you

Any Arkansas loss feels as good to me as a Texas loss does to them. And that's a lot. 

Younger Texas fans likely can't grasp the depth of hatred we one shared with the pigs. I wouldn't say it matched my lifelong feelings for OU, because that's perhaps impossible. But these goobers were next on my list. I didn't even hate aggy as much as I hated the swine. While our conference battles might now be far in the past, I still enjoy any crushing defeat they suffer. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well that was amazing. Truly what makes baseball a great sport. That was worthy of the most cursed of the old Boston Red Sox teams.

I will remember this one and may it always live in CWS lore.

Yep...and you can bet that Arky will never forget just how close they came to winning it all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That’s odd since NCAA.com lists Arkansas as one of the national champions on their site in the section titled “College Football National Champions from 1869 to 2017”

That is odd as this link says different. Go to national championship tab. They claim 44 overall titles, 42 by the men and 2 by the women.

no idea why a psycho piggy fan wouldn’t update it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Razorbacks

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

I just wish I had been the guy to invent the plastic hog head to sell to those rubes.

There’s not a commercialized jizz jar yet. Make it maroon and slap some SEC stickers on it and watch your bank account grow. 

2 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Any Arkansas loss feels as good to me as a Texas loss does to them. And that's a lot. 

Younger Texas fans likely can't grasp the depth of hatred we one shared with the pigs. I wouldn't say it matched my lifelong feelings for OU, because that's perhaps impossible. But these goobers were next on my list. I didn't even hate aggy as much as I hated the swine. While our conference battles might now be far in the past, I still enjoy any crushing defeat they suffer. 

That's why we need to renew a yearly series with Arkansas in all sports, and never play aggy again. 

• Like 1

Only aggy, in their delusions of grandeur, would think that a pig win would’ve made them better off!

Nobody wants their conference “rival” to achieve something that your team couldn’t, on any given year or sport. It’s supposed to made you MAD that they accomplished the main goal - to win it all!

How that thought process was ever created in collie station is dumbfounding.

Hook’em and sorry pig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk