Welcome to Costco .....

tx 3 putt

had the worst costco experience this past week in simi valley.  outdoor cafe, no kiosk ordering.  old fashioned window ordering only.  the line was 12 deep when i joined it.  no big deal, they move fast.  5 minutes later i've moved 3 feet.  guy at the register yells "there are two registers, fill in accordingly."  so the line splits.  by now it's 20 deep so it becomes two lines of 10 each.  

three from the front now and realize evn tho there's two registers it's just one guy working both-  he'll take an order on register A, then move over to register B.  it's effectively one line.  then the ice cream machine breaks.  then the lady in front of me orders 30 hot dogs (lulz).  my turn and i'm told a pepperoni pizza's going to take 30 minutes so i order a hot dog.  cashier takes my order, tells me to insert my card (no chip reader on this credit card machine folks) and goes to the other register to take an order from the other line.  the machine beeps at me to take my card out so i do.  then the guy in the next line comes over to pay for his order b/c even though there are two lines and two registers, along with having only one cashier there's also only one credit card reader.  

so the guy puts his card in, completes his transaction, and the machine beeps at him to take his card out.  then the cashier goes "wait... he <points at the guy from the next line> just paid for your hot dog <points at me>."  wut.  i said i had already transacted my payment.  he asks if he handed me a receipt (he hadn't).  apparently the machine beeped at me b/c the casher didn't hit accept and it timed out when he started a new order on the other register.  ffffffff.  cashier then asks me "so what do you want to do?" cashier is expecting me to pay for the guy's order.  i laughed and said just give him his order for free, we've all been waiting for over 20 minutes now.  "i can't do that."  so i asked what he's going to do and the cashier again says "what would you like me to do?"  i say if he's not going to let the guy have his order for free to just refund him and we'll do the transaction the right way.  three minutes later it's done.  i'm 25 minutes into the process since stepping in line and i've come away with a hot dog.  i'm steaming.  the guy from the next line says with all sincerity "well this is fun."  californians are a different breed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

had the worst costco experience this past week in simi valley.  outdoor cafe, no kiosk ordering.  old fashioned window ordering only.  the line was 12 deep when i joined it.  no big deal, they move fast.  5 minutes later i've moved 3 feet.  guy at the register yells "there are two registers, fill in accordingly."  so the line splits.  by now it's 20 deep so it becomes two lines of 10 each.  

three from the front now and realize evn tho there's two registers it's just one guy working both-  he'll take an order on register A, then move over to register B.  it's effectively one line.  then the ice cream machine breaks.  then the lady in front of me orders 30 hot dogs (lulz).  my turn and i'm told a pepperoni pizza's going to take 30 minutes so i order a hot dog.  cashier takes my order, tells me to insert my card (no chip reader on this credit card machine folks) and goes to the other register to take an order from the other line.  the machine beeps at me to take my card out so i do.  then the guy in the next line comes over to pay for his order b/c even though there are two lines and two registers, along with having only one cashier there's also only one credit card reader.  

so the guy puts his card in, completes his transaction, and the machine beeps at him to take his card out.  then the cashier goes "wait... he <points at the guy from the next line> just paid for your hot dog <points at me>."  wut.  i said i had already transacted my payment.  he asks if he handed me a receipt (he hadn't).  apparently the machine beeped at me b/c the casher didn't hit accept and it timed out when he started a new order on the other register.  ffffffff.  cashier then asks me "so what do you want to do?" cashier is expecting me to pay for the guy's order.  i laughed and said just give him his order for free, we've all been waiting for over 20 minutes now.  "i can't do that."  so i asked what he's going to do and the cashier again says "what would you like me to do?"  i say if he's not going to let the guy have his order for free to just refund him and we'll do the transaction the right way.  three minutes later it's done.  i'm 25 minutes into the process since stepping in line and i've come away with a hot dog.  i'm steaming.  the guy from the next line says with all sincerity "well this is fun."  californians are a different breed.

costco food isn’t worth waiting in a 4 person line let alone a 12 person line. 

image.gif.b8ea68e6b8c6bf2adf00e7e9de36e8fb.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:
12 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:
^ You ever had the one on the left? Pretty damn good, I’ll have to see if it’s gone up to $3.99 next time. 

costco-chicken-bake-menu-item.jpg

Haven't had a chicken bake in a while. Never had the brisket sandwich when it was on the menu.

Tried this once and was totally disappointed. Chicken was dry and couldn't even taste the Caesar dressing. It had hardly any cheese. Haven't had one since. What they need to bring back is their sausage in a bun. Way better than the hot dog. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Said it earlier, but the pizza and hot dog are pretty crummy to me. Pizza is just bad.

Dog itself is ok, but needs more toppings than bright yellow mustard, neon green relish, and ketchup.

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Said it earlier, but the pizza and hot dog are pretty crummy to me. Pizza is just bad.

Dog itself is ok, but needs more toppings than bright yellow mustard, neon green relish, and ketchup.

rip kraut and brown mustard

(once saw a guy making shitty kimchi from kraut, pepper flakes, and ketchup before putting it on his pizza)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

The frustration felt in the "25 min wait for a $1.50 hot dog" story reminds me of the time savings vs cost savings calculation my mind does when my wife drives 20 minutes out of our way to go to Costco to save $0.10/gal to fill up her tank.  

"Honey, you just saved us $1.20, but you wasted half a gallon of gas and 20 minutes of our Saturday in the process.  I appreciate you wanting to save us some money, but...."

Why GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Hell no.  I'm the Dad manning the grill, firing off a couple of dozen great burgers and a few hot dogs for the cretins.
All Dads invited.  Beers are always on me.

On my way. I have issues with five year olds telling me they love or hate haricot verts, sea urchin, and foie gras. That’s just fucked up. Kids food preferences should be between hot dogs and corn dogs, chicken nuggets, and cheese or pepperoni pizza.

18 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The kids don’t care. Also grab a bday cake from the bakery, it’s cheap and good 

it’s the best time of the year, Costco rewards hit. They had to call in for more cash to cash my reward 

all access money GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

I just do direct deposit to my bank account. 

You must be the douchebag making your kids eat $30 certified neopolitan pizza when they’d rather have a cheapass pizza. Costco and Sam’s pizzas are fine for a crowd on a budget. Order them custom and have them run thru the oven twice.
Costco really doesn't do much custom pizza since they got rid of supreme at the start of the pandemic. With cost controls I'm not sure it ever comes back.

17 hours ago, elfenix said:
On 2/27/2023 at 6:25 PM, Texzilla58 said:

You must be the douchebag making your kids eat $30 certified neopolitan pizza when they’d rather have a cheapass pizza. Costco and Sam’s pizzas are fine for a crowd on a budget. Order them custom and have them run thru the oven twice.

Costco really doesn't do much custom pizza since they got rid of supreme at the start of the pandemic. With cost controls I'm not sure it ever comes back.

So the Costco I frequent (South Austin) doesn't ever seem to have any of their pizzas in the refrigerated section.  Did they quit selling those?  Not looking to buy a whole cooked pizza at 10am from their deli.

9 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

So the Costco I frequent (South Austin) doesn't ever seem to have any of their pizzas in the refrigerated section.  Did they quit selling those?  Not looking to buy a whole cooked pizza at 10am from their deli.

This is our store as well, and I have not seen them either. Fucking small store is the worst. Can't wait for the Kyle store to open end of the month.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, hornian said:

It is for the Citi card annual cashback. The executive membership is still a paper check they mail. 

Here is all I see online for this. Are you doing this in store?

Credit card reward certificates may be redeemed for merchandise or cash back at any U.S. Costco warehouse, including Puerto Rico. Requests to redeem the certificate for cash may be fulfilled in an alternative form (e.g., a check or electronic transfer) at the Costco warehouse’s discretion.

On 2/27/2023 at 5:05 PM, tx 3 putt said:

The kids don’t care. Also grab a bday cake from the bakery, it’s cheap and good 

it’s the best time of the year, Costco rewards hit. They had to call in for more cash to cash my reward 

all access money GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

22 hours ago, hornian said:

I just do direct deposit to my bank account. 

How much are you people spending a month at costco? According to their chart and 2% return, you basically have to spend 4k a MONTH to get 1k back at the end of the year. That does not seem like a good. deal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How much are you people spending a month at costco? According to their chart and 2% return, you basically have to spend 4k a MONTH to get 1k back at the end of the year. That does not seem like a good. deal. 

Their card rewards spending away from Costco too.

1 hour ago, UnivTex34 said:

Here is all I see online for this. Are you doing this in store?

Credit card reward certificates may be redeemed for merchandise or cash back at any U.S. Costco warehouse, including Puerto Rico. Requests to redeem the certificate for cash may be fulfilled in an alternative form (e.g., a check or electronic transfer) at the Costco warehouse’s discretion.

It was in my email, and I was able to do it from my App. The email said you can only do direct deposit if the reward certificate is over $300. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I run EVERYTHING on the card. Utilities, gas, travel, kids expenses, etc. If it had an option to pay with a card we use this one. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

4% back on gas 

19 minutes ago, hornian said:

It was in my email, and I was able to do it from my App. The email said you can only do direct deposit if the reward certificate is over $300. 

I run EVERYTHING on the card. Utilities, gas, travel, kids expenses, etc. If it had an option to pay with a card we use this one. 

That would be why. Only in the $200 club here.

26 minutes ago, hornian said:

Yeah, I didn't realize it was everything, I thought it was just the membership level. I do the same, but I do it on my Chase card. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Native Horn said:

I thought they got rid of that even before the pandemic.

Per reddit it was a completely separate supply chain from the hot pizza.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/f0i9w8/no_more_costco_pizza/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

I thought they got rid of that even before the pandemic.

Per reddit it was a completely separate supply chain from the hot pizza.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/f0i9w8/no_more_costco_pizza/

Not sure why people are lamenting its demise. When we signed up for the executive card, they gave us a sheet of coupons, one was for 50% off the deli pizza, so we grabbed one.

Tasted worse than a Little Caesars pizza that costs less.

• Haha 1