The ShitBird strikes again....

Longhornstampede

• 9 months later...

So, uhh, we lost one out by Charleston, South Carolina, yesterday after a mishap (pilot had to eject, but it was on auto-pilot, so don't ask) so if you see it, call 843-963-3600

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/f-35-fighter-jet-missing-pilot-ejects-mishap-rcna105534

And also, any of your friends/family/whoever that is somehow extremely outraged by this because apparently the loss of a $135 million aircraft is going to bankrupt the country, even though they normally never ever fucking give a shit about a lot of other government expenditures, gently, but really fucking loudly, remind them that:

1. The fucking thing is not flying to China no matter how much they shit their pants
  2. It's a fucking stealth fighter with a fucking cross-section the size of a fucking golfball, so of fucking course the fucking radars and fucking air traffic control can't find the fucking thing if the fucking transponder is off so stop fucking acting like this is some kind of fucking conspiracy to be fucking outraged over. Yeah, it sucks to lose it, but I don't know, maybe this helps prove that the design is really fucking good, but maybe that's just me. Maybe I like stealth fighters that aren't visible to radar.

Plus it happened not far from some large lakes, and if nobody called in a large explosion/fireball on land, maybe it's underwater.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So, uhh, we lost one out by Charleston, South Carolina, yesterday after a mishap (pilot had to eject, but it was on auto-pilot, so don't ask) so if you see it, call 843-963-3600

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/f-35-fighter-jet-missing-pilot-ejects-mishap-rcna105534

And also, any of your friends/family/whoever that is somehow extremely outraged by this because apparently the loss of a $135 million aircraft is going to bankrupt the country, even though they normally never ever fucking give a shit about a lot of other government expenditures, gently, but really fucking loudly, remind them that:

1. The fucking thing is not flying to China no matter how much they shit their pants
  2. It's a fucking stealth fighter with a fucking cross-section the size of a fucking golfball, so of fucking course the fucking radars and fucking air traffic control can't find the fucking thing if the fucking transponder is off so stop fucking acting like this is some kind of fucking conspiracy to be fucking outraged over. Yeah, it sucks to lose it, but I don't know, maybe this helps prove that the design is really fucking good, but maybe that's just me. Maybe I like stealth fighters that aren't visible to radar.

Plus it happened not far from some large lakes, and if nobody called in a large explosion/fireball on land, maybe it's underwater.

Certainly not flying to china but what are the odds of "chinese americans or chinese tourist" in the area now taking in nature?

6 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Be like the F-106 in Montana except it glided into the Ocean instead of a wheat field. 

Understand Captain America GIF

There's a YouTube documentary that talks about how they easily repaired it and put it back in service for another 15 years, and the pilot who ejected from it, flew it around a decade later.

I always loved the F-106, the design was just beautiful.

819px-Eclipse_program_QF-106_aircraft_in

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Some future episode of American Pickers is gonna be LIT.

"Earl, let's see what you've got in that barn over there."

"That ole barn?  Heck, I haven't put anything back there since that weird thing I found in my field back in '23.  Took some doin' to wheel it over here, damn near wore out my Kubota because the landing gear was shot, but turns out those things drag pretty well."

"Ummm....what things drag pretty well?"

[suspenseful music, then a commercial break, THEN the doors open to reveal an F-35]

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I get that South Carolina has the collective IQ of expelled spunk, but how does no one see a plane crash into the lake?

Depending on where it crashed, there may well have been no one to see it.  Those southern inland counties away from Charleston have a very low population density, lots of lakes, and pretty much everyone lives in little towns.  

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Understand Captain America GIF

There's a YouTube documentary that talks about how they easily repaired it and put it back in service for another 15 years, and the pilot who ejected from it, flew it around a decade later.

I always loved the F-106, the design was just beautiful.

819px-Eclipse_program_QF-106_aircraft_in

convair's area rule delta wing planes were all gorgeous

• Drool 1

On 9/18/2023 at 10:00 AM, atomheartbevo said:

And if it crashed into your house/Ford Taurus, call this guy…. The $50,000,000 winner!

2CB5A50A-9738-4857-B1CC-55F70A730268.png

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2023 at 12:03 PM, EuroHorn said:

They should have placed an Apple tag on the jet 

CHIEF Jr. interviewed for one of the diagnostic/troubleshooting engineers for the F-35. If he gets it, I'll forward your recommendation, and give you and Randolph White the credit.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...