Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. Washington - 8pm on ESPN

Pancho

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If he leaves here I don't give a damn what he does. But why would he? We gave him tons of targets and touches this year. What does he have to complain about?

If Neyor is healthy and playing next year, Worthy is going to tear it up in the slot. He still had 7 catches for 80+ yards. Neyor is the X, Worthy is the slot. Whittington is the Z. Then you have Thompson, Red, Cook, Moore, Nibblett, and Cain. A portal guy is needed maybe two if Whittington leaves. Most of the spring and fall reports always mentioned Ewers hitting the big play to Neyor and not Worthy. Even in the spring game it was Neyor making the deep catches.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 8

5 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I think this is the correct analysis of Worthy/Ewers.  Definitely seems to be a lack of chemistry.  We’ve seen absolute brilliance from Worthy in the past, and we’ve seen drops like he had tonight a lot of the season, but we’ve also seen some serious downfield accuracy issues from Ewers throughout the season.  Maybe, if Worthy sticks around, they can figure it out in the off-season.  And you’ve got to hope Ewers’ shortcomings chalk up to being a freshman, but he will definitely have to improve his accuracy to have any shot of living up to the hype.  He also hit me all season as having a confidence problem

Ewers showed he worked his ass off over this past month and it showed. Worthy OTOH is still the same ball dropping moron he's always been.

It was also nice to see Cain worked on his craft, too. We may have hope yet 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Did you fucking see us try to run the ball in the 1st half? Sarkisian went away from it because it wasn't working, and then we got down 3 scores because our WRs were dropping 1st downs and TDs.

Yeah we all saw us fucking trying to run Keilan up the middle like he was Cedric Benson. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

I think this is the correct analysis of Worthy/Ewers.  Definitely seems to be a lack of chemistry.  We’ve seen absolute brilliance from Worthy in the past, and we’ve seen drops like he had tonight a lot of the season, but we’ve also seen some serious downfield accuracy issues from Ewers throughout the season.  Maybe, if Worthy sticks around, they can figure it out in the off-season.  And you’ve got to hope Ewers’ shortcomings chalk up to being a freshman, but he will definitely have to improve his accuracy to have any shot of living up to the hype.  He also hit me all season as having a confidence problem

The announcers were saying Ewers told them he spent a bunch of the time since the end of the season just working one on one with Worthy.

I guess there weren't as many balls 20 yards off target.  

8 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

I’m envious of Washingtons future , that’s a well coached team, and their line play is legit. Would be nice to go into an off season knowing solid fundamentals like that are in place. 

They built their OL correctly. The 3 IOL guys are all 5th and 6th year players. Texas and 2nd year guy starting his 1st season, that is likely getting replaced, and 2nd year starter that is the weakest OL on the team, and a rotation of true freshmen that got beat a lot. I think Huston re-injured his leg when Brooks tripped him early on in the game.

Now I see why Washington was so successful running the ball between the tackles. They had 16 years of college experience to our 6.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6

Honestly, as pissed as I am at Worthy right now, it wasn't all that bad. We were missing our two best players and one of our very best players on defense (not to mention Neyor). Conversely, everyone showed up for UW, including the seniors and guys who declared and it definitely helped them.

All thing considered, I saw some significant problems but I also think there's some good things we can build on. The lack of touches for Jonathan Brooks was pretty maddening, however

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Players CAN improve on catching the ball.  Mackovic converted one player in the 90s, can't think of his name right now, from defense to WR.  He had a lot of trouble catching the first season.  Think he was 2nd team all big 12 the 2nd season.

I don’t recall kwame cavil having issues catching the ball. Only other guy might be David Aaron but I don’t think he was ever all conference. 

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Yeah we all saw us fucking trying to run Keilan up the middle like he was Cedric Benson. 

Yeah…fucking stupid. I really thought Brooks was the starter tonight. Then I saw K Rob and was like…huh… I didn’t even think about him starting cause he isnt a starter

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

Honestly, as pissed as I am at Worthy right now, it wasn't all that bad. We were missing our two best players and one of our very best players on defense (not to mention Neyor). Conversely, everyone showed up for UW, including the seniors and guys who declared and it definitely helped them.

All thing considered, I saw some significant problems but I also think there's some good things we can build on. The lack of touches for Jonathan Brooks was pretty maddening, however

Yeah the lack of carries for Brooks was my biggest issue along with a lackluster game by the offensive line and the horrendous special teams.

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Yeah…fucking stupid. I really thought Brooks was the starter tonight. Then I saw K Rob and was like…huh… I didn’t even think about him starting cause he isnt a starter

I could see Robinson being the change of pace guy like Roschon next year. We only had like 10 carries in the first half so I don't know what the actual plan was to be fair.

I expect Brooks to start next year. We'll see what happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, austintiger said:

It's almost like you've never seen sark coach a football game

I've seen two years of his head coaching a little of his OC time at Bama.  The first year sucked and the second year was OK and an improvement. 

I get it, you want every game to be a blowout (hey, 49-0, remember that?).  You want instant improvement by Field Marshall Einstein who motivates his troops and then devises the Ultimate Game Plan. 

Next year will be a big one.  What else can I say here?  

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Ewers showed he worked his ass off over this past month and it showed. Worthy OTOH is still the same ball dropping moron he's always been.

It was also nice to see Cain worked on his craft, too. We may have hope yet 

Wrong. Worthy’s hands were in perfect position. Not for the ball, mind you, but for all that sweet sweet additional NIL he hopes(d) to find in the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLamJones said:

Ya Suckisian the genius lol. Huskies are awful on D and Suck made them look like the 85 Bears. Way to have your team prepared loser. Just fire the fraud now. 

Did he? Did the 85 Bears regularly give up 420 yards? Wow they are crazy over-rated.

Anyway, look we hired him. He has to get a fair shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

As for the Brooks praise, I didn’t see much from the running game tonight, certainly nothing that inspired hope for next season so for me personally that’s a “show me yours not a JAG next year” situation, and maybe one of the younger backs will emerge

Brooks got six carries, which was asinine. He’s a badass.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

And when Ewers possibly is passes and Arch starts next year will I still be a water head?  I’m sorry I thought calling things as you see them was ok here….   You don’t know that what I said won’t be true, just like what you think won’t be true 

Ewers has been hot garbage since OU. I've said as much on this board. The only thing that mattered tonight was him taking some kind of step forward, which he did. Sark's reliance on throwing deep balls with a broken QB and hands-less receiver in Worthy was an exercise in futility. Work the short game, give Ewers confidence was what a bunch of us wanted. He was good, not great, tonight.

I find it really fucking rich to bury Sarkisian who was playing with one offensive arm tied behind his back with Bijan and Roschon in street clothes. This. Game. Did. Not. Fucking. Matter (from a win/loss standpoint).

EDIT: If Arch is good enough to beat him out next, bring him on.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Brooks got six carries, which was asinine. He’s a badass.

Well we only had 14 carries total and were barely getting more than three yards a carry. Maybe it was more about the boys up front not getting it done and forcing us to abandon the run? I don't know. Hard to remember all that went down in the first half and I don't really want to rewatch it. I don't have any issues with the play calling in the second half.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If Neyor is healthy and playing next year, Worthy is going to tear it up in the slot. He still had 7 catches for 80+ yards. Neyor is the X, Worthy is the slot. Whittington is the Z. Then you have Thompson, Red, Cook, Moore, Nibblett, and Cain. A portal guy is needed maybe two if Whittington leaves. Most of the spring and fall reports always mentioned Ewers hitting the big play to Neyor and not Worthy. Even in the spring game it was Neyor making the deep catches.

Wishful thinking 

i hope you are correct because we can all agree X is not near the wr he believes he is and haa displayed this season

• Hook 'Em 2