88th Texas Legislature

atomheartbevo

10 hours ago, TexPx said:

At least we have a bright future when The Olds are gone.

https://crunder30.com/

Lots of real winners there.  Shudder.

6 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Jesus

This.  Jesus would think all these kids are complete assholes.

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Crunder?  

Is that a dating app for self-hating, closeted no-action getting homosexuals?

Lol.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, TexPx said:

At least we have a bright future when The Olds are gone.
https://crunder30.com/

Noah is a Texas Aggie fighting for liberty alongside many conservative organizations and candidates across Texas.

I have a biblical worldview that informs my view of everything from economics to gender.

Yeah, I take advice on complex stock market issues, a large national debt, and global trade from a 2,000 year-old book.

Eliminating property taxes and securing the Texas Border occupy most of my time these days.

What are you going to replace those property taxes with?  And Republicans have been in charge of Texas for 30 years, and if you can't do something like "secure the Texas border" in all that time, you're never going to.  And these numbskulls don't even have the balls to go after Republican donors whose businesses thrive on illegal labor, and who help create the border problem by hiring the illegal labor in the first place.

Where we are in 10 years is dependent on our elected officials actually delivering on conservative legislation that fights the culture war. Our state depends on it. Get involved today.

Again, Republicans in charge for 30 years, and you think it might get done in 40 if the culture war is fought by the legislation?

"Culture war" is just bullshit buzzwords for political types who don't have an actual solid platform that they can sell their followers on, so they scare them.

When asked where he sees himself in 20 years:

More freedom, less government in my life.  And some land.

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Again, Republicans have been running the show for Texas for 30 years.  If you didn't already get it from the last 30 years of GOP leadership in this state, you won't have more freedom and less government in the next 20.  In fact, "small government" is just more bullshit the GOP doesn't actually fight for.  They want to control all the local cities and school districts they don't like, which means less freedom and more government in your life.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

good bones mina GIF

Let's talk about Lily:

I grew up homeschooled and Christian, I am a small business owner, I chose to NOT go to college, I am a TPUSA Ambassador, PragerU influencer and host of a show called Sanity Check USA. I have given over 50 speech around the nation about why Radical Feminism lies to women and how Gen Z must replace feminism with femininity, tradition and Christianity.

Yes GIF

If you could add one thing to the GOP legislative list of priorities, what would it be?

Enshrining the definition of marriage as "a covenant between man, woman and God." into law. Therefore, establishing that marriage is sacred and ONLY between a man and woman, while acknowledging God's justice and wrath, if that covenant is broken. An honorable mention is the eradication of no fault divorce!

Happy Don Rickles GIF

Wonder how she feels about Trump cheating on multiple wives openly, and having three wives.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Holy shit, there is so much to unpack with her.

What is one thing young conservatives get right and wrong, politically?

Young conservatives rightly see the direct connection between happiness through freedom. So many lost, young people today are slaves to their desires, addictive substances and social pressure: but young conservatives are preaching the message of "freedom can bring that happiness that you desire!" This generation also understands that freedom is not the ability to do what you want, it is the obligation to do what you ought and through the pursuit of responsibility, one finds meaning and happiness!

Young conservatives wrongly assume that true leadership is based off of how extreme your personality/political views are. I see so many of my peers falling into personality cults in this movement because my peers find someone with a radical set of beliefs, saying their beliefs loudly. (My generation is easily distracted by loud noises and hype). Leadership is acting out your beliefs in an honorable and noteworthy way, rather than yelling into a camera and dividing the movement more!

Whoa, she's a little self-aware there with that last bit, and the MAGA Trumpers might get a little pissed that she's talking about them and their personality cult and yelling into a camera.

What is your most controversial take?

Voting is not a right. Nor should voting ability be given to everyone when they turn 18.

Voting should be limited to those who have "skin in the game" per-say. Voting should be limited to people who qualify in 1 or more of the following:

1. They own property or land
  2. They own a house
  3. They are married
  4. They have served in the military or are a veteran
  5. They are NOT on welfare
  6. They are over 35 years old

Would this disqualify college students, apartment owners, welfare recipients, under 35 years old and single people? You betcha!

giphy.gif

Reading all of those bios and answers, I'm thinking that A) we have nothing to worry about from future "conservatives", and B) That whole thing feels like one of those for-profit honor societies that you join in high school or college, where you have a pulse and a C average or better, you send them money, they put your name in a book or on a website.

• Drool 1

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I take advice on complex stock market issues, a large national debt, and global trade from a 2,000 year-old book.

What are you going to replace those property taxes with?  And Republicans have been in charge of Texas for 30 years, and if you can't do something like "secure the Texas border" in all that time, you're never going to.  And these numbskulls don't even have the balls to go after Republican donors whose businesses thrive on illegal labor, and who help create the border problem by hiring the illegal labor in the first place.

Again, Republicans in charge for 30 years, and you think it might get done in 40 if the culture war is fought by the legislation?

"Culture war" is just bullshit buzzwords for political types who don't have an actual solid platform that they can sell their followers on, so they scare them.

When asked where he sees himself in 20 years:

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Again, Republicans have been running the show for Texas for 30 years.  If you didn't already get it from the last 30 years of GOP leadership in this state, you won't have more freedom and less government in the next 20.  In fact, "small government" is just more bullshit the GOP doesn't actually fight for.  They want to control all the local cities and school districts they don't like, which means less freedom and more government in your life.

There are more than 8,000 bills filed already this session. I challenge any Member to show me 5 that are legitimately about “small government.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

It's still how to believe how cowardly and shitty the GOP has become, and that it's 99% now about fucking people over.  Fucking scared of their own shadows, and rather than offer legislation and ideas that might attract people to the GOP, they'd rather spend their efforts trying to keep Democrats down.

Then again, this is the party of Boebert and Greene.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

It's pretty clear that all Dems need to switch over an vote in the Republican primary. Seems to be the only race that matters.

Fucking this.  If any of you fuckers vote in a democratic primary 2024, you're beyond wasting your time.  You're wasting your state.  I know there's some blue urban races of note, but otherwise...pull an R ballot in March & May and make a fucking difference.  But nope, the Democrats are gonna roll out some dipshit against Cruz and 45% of voters will trip over one another to nominate a progressive D to raise $50mm for and have lose to Cruz by 9% next year.  

There's 3 competitive House races from the Texas caucus to the U.S. House of Reps.  And none of you fucking live in them.  There are no statewide races that will be competitive in 2024 so don't bother figuring out which Democratic judge is your preferred candidate for Texas Supreme Court.  You get just 300-500,000 Democrats to swing over and pull R ballots in 2024's primary season...you can change Cruz.  Once that happens, the dominoes will begin to fall.  You gotta stop wasting time and money.  

I know, I know.  I'm being mean.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Fucking this.  If any of you fuckers vote in a democratic primary 2024, you're beyond wasting your time.  You're wasting your state.  I know there's some blue urban races of note, but otherwise...pull an R ballot in March & May and make a fucking difference.  But nope, the Democrats are gonna roll out some dipshit against Cruz and 45% of voters will trip over one another to nominate a progressive D to raise $50mm for and have lose to Cruz by 9% next year.  

There's 3 competitive House races from the Texas caucus to the U.S. House of Reps.  And none of you fucking live in them.  There are no statewide races that will be competitive in 2024 so don't bother figuring out which Democratic judge is your preferred candidate for Texas Supreme Court.  You get just 300-500,000 Democrats to swing over and pull R ballots in 2024's primary season...you can change Cruz.  Once that happens, the dominoes will begin to fall.  You gotta stop wasting time and money.  

Yeah, sorry my friend.  But there's a judicial race here in Travis County that's pretty fucking important to my day-to-day life.  So I'll be voting in the Democratic primary.

And anyway--there are no statewide races in 2024 that are going to have a competitive Republican primary.  And in any of my congressional/legislative districts, the Democratic primary is where the action is.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I've heard some rural counties are chiming in against it as well (which would not be a surprise since it doesn't do shit for them).

he doesn’t have the votes in the senate

its a crap bill and pure horse shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

In non presidential election cycles, I always pull a gop ballot so I can get the opportunity to vote against hot wheels abbott, potty Patrick, and indictment Paxton twice. It never does any good, but I’m doing my part every chance it comes up to get rid of those dingleberries.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You gotta get a few hundred million (?) behind this to persuade Texas Dems of your plan and also convince them you're not a wolf in sheep's clothing.  That seems like a tall order.

Rural repubs are so worried about guns to realize that they’re getting screwed by their own party on pretty much everything else. Good job to Georgia rural repubs for protecting their own interests. Hopefully school vouchers fails here too.

to an extent, the same shit is happening with Obamacare. Rural hospitals and rural folks are the ones who suffer most when their states aren’t receiving the Medicaid dollars and benefits from Medicaid expansion.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

In non presidential election cycles, I always pull a gop ballot so I can get the opportunity to vote against hot wheels abbott, potty Patrick, and indictment Paxton twice. It never does any good, but I’m doing my part every chance it comes up to get rid of those dingleberries.

I normally do the same thing. 

$32 billion dollar surplus in Texas

$2 billion deficit in spending for special needs

Texas House allocates $0 increase for special ed

Like it has been said, cruelty has to be the point. There is no other logical explanation.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Interesting bill that affects my business coming up Monday - removing all county ability to regulate lot sizes and city outside their zoning jurisdiction.  Going to be wild if it passes.  SB 2037.

I thought counties already can’t set lot size minimums for development. 

Counties do place a minimum distance allowed between driveway cuts  and a minimum lot size for water well permits. Neither of which is technically a lot size regulation for development.

5 hours ago, mchookem said:

good lord. it's not just that Texas leaders are anti-progress... it's that they are actively and maliciously trying to take steps backwards. i don't even understand the logic. 

The logic is that tearing down our public institutions, support systems, and safety nets, effectively makes "regular people" weaker and gives them and their donors & patrons more control. The Republican party is focused like a laser on degrading any political (or physical) infrastructure that gives regular people the ability to influence policy, achieve economic independence outside of working for "the man," or make life choices outside what they deem acceptable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I thought counties already can’t set lot size minimums for development. 

Counties do place a minimum distance allowed between driveway cuts  and a minimum lot size for water well permits. Neither of which is technically a lot size regulation for development.

They’re not supposed to, but they do anyway.  They’ll find a way to use transportation impacts to slow it anyway but should make for entertainment.

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

good lord. it's not just that Texas leaders are anti-progress... it's that they are actively and maliciously trying to take steps backwards. i don't even understand the logic. 

5 hours ago, pacman said:

Like it has been said, cruelty has to be the point. There is no other logical explanation.

There is no other explanation.  They are just complete assholes, and they revel in being assholes to people they don't like.

Republican leaders don't care about Texas or most Texans, they care about maybe a few million people that they need to keep them in office (including the absolute nutters who want everybody home-schooled and women pregnant and barefoot), they care about their donors,and that's it.

This state has gone to complete shit in my lifetime.  At least in the past, the leadership, if they were assholes, if they hated a lot of Texans, they kept it quiet.

But no, here in 2023, Republicans in Texas no longer hide their hate for fellow Texans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yep.

If you don’t have an exit plan for getting the fuck out of this state, which has gone full-tilt into fascism, you aren’t planning well. They are literally putting in place a mechanism to void elections in any place where people are likely to vote for the opposition party. This is banana republic bullshit, and it’s exactly what Texas is now.

This state is a joke. And when, 25 years from now, it’s lost a huge chunk of its intellectual capital that 1) will have left, and 2) won’t migrate here, we’ll be suffering for it.

Well, I won’t. I’ll be long fucking gone. My kids already are, and they ain’t coming back. We already can’t recruit obstetricians to come here. It’s going to get a lot worse here in fascist Bible-land. A lot worse.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If you don’t have an exit plan for getting the fuck out of this state, which has gone full-tilt into fascism,

Banana republic, it’s all the same though.  At least the Republicans are showing their cards.  Something in their polling and analytics has them scared shitless.  

It's a pretty weird flex to be the party so entrenched and confident with its power that it's not just proposing sweeping legislation to negate any possible threat to its position, it's cuddling the balls of it as well.  They have to see that while 35% of our adult population loves this and 35% despises it, there's 30% of it scratching its head thinking "That seems somewhat unreasonable"  

• Like 1

Yes, it does.  Take $.  But, much less than one might think..  The main issue for almost everyone is getting a job out of Texas.   Not everyone will get recruited, so there will be a long wait for most.  But after that wait…. 

• Hook 'Em 2