88th Texas Legislature

atomheartbevo

More on the dumbfucks trying to bring more religion into the classroom, and everybody should remind the MAGA crowd that the 10 Commandments are Jewish, and you think it's great they are finally bringing Jewish stuff into the classroom, and since the Catholics are the largest religious group in Texas, you look forward to kids studying the Pope.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/04/20/texas-senate-passes-ten-commandments-bill/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Public schools in Texas would have to prominently display the Ten Commandments in every classroom starting next school year under a bill the Texas Senate approved Thursday.

Senate Bill 1515 by Sen. Phil King, R-Weatherford, now heads to the House for consideration.

And fucking Dannie Goeb, he wants schools, which are already under strain from having so much stuff thrown at them to teach/test on, to set aside time to read religious texts/Bible, and pray.  I am going to remind the MAGA folks I know that Christian kids already have a moment of silence in the mornings to pray, but this will be awesome for the Muslim kids who may need to pray multiple times in a day, and that it's good to see Texas Republicans are woke and accommodating of our fellow Muslim Texans.

The Senate also gave final passage to Senate Bill 1396, authored by Sen. Mayes Middleton, R-Galveston, which would allow public and charter schools to adopt a policy requiring every campus to set aside a time for students and employees to read the Bible or other religious texts and to pray.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said in a statement that both bills are wins for religious freedom in Texas.

On 4/19/2023 at 10:49 AM, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Its going to be really amusing to watch these rats go back to wailing about "local control" or "hands off of my city/local/county government" and scramble to roll back this state level power grab the second it looks like maybe the Legislature will flip to Democrat majorities...

I laughed.  This state is so fucked up, never gonna happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

how is this legal?

"God" says it's legal. The Bible trumps the Bill of Rights. That's it. That's the entire argument. All the rest is gaslighting and propaganda.

From "United We Stand" to the "Tea Party" to MAGA, the GQP goal has always been a fascist theocracy. ALWAYS! They are building it right before our eyes.

The Ten Commandments are being shoved down the throats of secular America. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

I think it's simpler than that.  I think they feel like they can get people who actually like this shit to move here.  You keep the home grown minorities down and uneducated and replenish the white power areas with assholes who want to move to an asshile state. 

Ding ding ding.

Geographic sorting used to be fairly unique to Democrats. Not so anymore. There’s an entire cottage industry in real estate working with Republicans leaving CA.

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well those kids can use the posters with the 10 Commandments on them to shield them from the next school shooter. Or try to wing the gunman with it. 

Sounds like a reason to prosecute them for desecrating the 10 commandments. Arrest them while they’re in the hospital being treated for the gunshot wounds 

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Congrats on now having to pay a 70% premium over market to hire faculty, you fucking morons.

no they won’t, they’ll he hiring like minded (maga gqp) profs. They can’t be hired anywhere else and will gladly take less pay to teach at UT and help keep that campus un-woke !

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

But who will be replacing me in my department without tenure.

TOP MEN, DR. JONES.  TOP MEN! 

Between this and the SEC and the scorching of anybody even suggesting DEI is a decent idea in a small way in any corner of academics.  We are fucked for a decade.  

Congrats fuckfaces.  We are once again a laughing stock.  We are the Aggies of Flagship Schools.  

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Not offering tenure will be a disaster for Texas Universities trying to attract top rate professors from around the country.  

Texags is celebrating this move.

But ut and am systems is about to be flooded with phd’s from oral Roberts, Liberty u, many bs Bible universities ….

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

But who will be replacing me in my department without tenure.

TOP MEN, DR. JONES.  TOP MEN! 

Between this and the SEC and the scorching of anybody even suggesting DEI is a decent idea in a small way in any corner of academics.  We are fucked for a decade.  

Congrats fuckfaces.  We are once again a laughing stock.  We are the Aggies of Flagship Schools.  

Doc

We, Texas, have been fucked since One Tough Grandma was the last D to put together a statewide win.  So, make that several decades, as in not in your or my lifetimes.  May I recommend UW to you?  Big state U, great student body and rated about like UT.  

4 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Dan Patrick may be the biggest dumbass on the planet.

Not every graduate of Spring Shadows Glen is going to go on to contribute positive things to society.

I know I shouldn't make fun of people like Dannie Goeb errr Dan Patrick for having spent time in a mental health institution, but for fuck's sake...

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Texags is celebrating this move.

Aggy is hell-bent on turning their university into the Texas A&M Online Community College with an 80% acceptance rate, so of course TexAgs thinks it's great since they were already devaluing their diplomas long before now.

If I was a teacher forced to "prominently display" the 10 Commandments, I'd frame it and hang it underneath a sign that said "AGITPROP ON MANDATORY DISPLAY BY ORDER OF CORRUPT FASCISTS AND HYPOCRITES" or the like.

Edited by Paper_jam
  • Like 1

MAGA-GQP is full-on coming for every group they hate: coming for the women, coming for POC, for LGBTQIA+, for doctors and nurses, for K-12 educators, librarians.... And now they're coming for the professors. And they will come for the scientists, artists, and atheists and non-believers.

These idiots would love to bring UT to its knees, bowing before the MAGA Bible thumpers. If you think that is not part of the plan, you ain't paying attention. Hell, they've a got an evangelical running the Civitas Institute with a $6 million budget. Last time I looked, almost everyone on he board has some kind of Christian background. 

Secular Texas and Secular America are in big fucking trouble. MAGA-GQP are bent upon shoving the Ten Commandments right down everyone's throats. And the media and Democrats are hardly doing a thing to stop them. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 4/21/2023 at 7:34 PM, BevoAbyss said:

Secular Texas and Secular America are in big fucking trouble. MAGA-GQP are bent upon shoving the Ten Commandments right down everyone's throats. And the media and Democrats are hardly doing a thing to stop them. 

And they worship Donald Trump, who has made it a habit to shit on the Ten Commandments.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

And they worship Donald Trump, who has made it a habit to shit on the Ten Commandments.

The LORD said: do not covet thy neighbor's wife. 

But he didn't say nothin about grabbing em by the pussy! Something something, imperfect vessel amirite?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The LORD said: do not covet thy neighbor's wife. 

But he didn't say nothin about grabbing em by the pussy! Something something, imperfect vessel amirite?

Or taking the Lord's name in vain, or constantly bearing false witness or stealing or....everything but the murder part it sounds like.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or taking the Lord's name in vain, or constantly bearing false witness or stealing or....everything but the murder part it sounds like.

He thought it was a to-do list.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

so regarding the alleged issues with local voting locations running out of ballots: the GOP election judges making those claims have brought ZERO evidence to back their claims

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/politics/elections/2023/04/24/449769/harris-county-republican-election-judges-ballot-paper-shortage-intentional-claim-no-evidence-backing-up-surfaced/

The republican election judges are doing the same rhetorical slight of hand that our local fascists on this board do - they get themselves whipped up into a frenzy over some perceived grievance and go to war over it, but never actually bother to validate that there's something to be upset over. In the investigative work carried out to validate the claims of "thousands of voters turned away", they were unable to specifically identify a SINGLE person. Not one out of over an alleged two thousand.

Fucking lying fascists wrapping themselves in the flag and holding a bible

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/24/2023 at 2:47 PM, Captainant said:

the GOP election judges making those claims have brought ZERO evidence to back their claims

Everyone knows “evidence” has a liberal bias. Duh. It’s about their feeling

Hey you shithead MAGApublicans:

image.thumb.jpeg.168fb3584bdbb54767ebdb0115edd669.jpeg

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Speaker of the House posts a thirst trap

totally not gay Dan Patrick , nttawwt, responds

Thanks to Lt. Gov. Patrick for serving as a Dike to the rising tides, literally and figuratively.  

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

My apologies.  Only time his office returns my calls is when I say stuff like that.  He’s got some repressed shit going on.  I’ll have it deleted.  But they’ve got something truly fucked up for special session. 

Did they all go to the same lobbyist luncheon together?  What are the odds that the three of them just happened to be shitfaced drunk and commenting to one another on the floor at the exact same time?  This is more than a coincidental drinking problem.  Also bad news, they’re not as high functioning as they think they are.  First rule of day drinking is conjugate your verbs correctly.  

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Had a coworker who would toss back a pint of 100 proof smirnof every day at lunch, but you'd never know it talking to him. 

Was it because they couldn't actually talk? I struggle to believe 10+ shots of liquor in a 60-90 minute time period didn't result in an obviously drunk person. Is it because they went home and only worked half days, or perhaps youre exaggerating?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Was it because they couldn't actually talk? I struggle to believe 10+ shots of liquor in a 60-90 minute time period didn't result in an obviously drunk person. Is it because they went home and only worked half days, or perhaps youre exaggerating?

The dude drank 24/7. Prolly dead now since that was 20 years ago.