Atlanta Protests (some violence)

Incredulity

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

December 2022: Domestic terrorism charges for multiple activists

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said five people face domestic terrorism charges, accused of throwing rocks and bottles at police cars and EMTs along Bouldercrest Road

“nothing to see here, not that bad”-Surly Leftists 

Thoughts and prayers to you, brother.

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said five people face domestic terrorism charges, accused of throwing rocks and bottles at police cars and EMTs along Bouldercrest Road

Hopefully they hit some actual cops and not just the cars.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Multiple people arrested in connection to protests over 'Cop City' site.

That's the headline of your link. I can't find any mention of actual charges. You got one?

More from your link 

handful of other demonstrators rallied outside the DeKalb County Jail in support of the people arrested. A protester, who would only give the name Erica M, says police went too far. 

"They were shooting pepper balls, tear gas at people who were peacefully holding the forest space right now," she said. "I think it’s truly abhorrent." 

SWAT teams earlier in the day headed into the woods at Intrenchment Creek Park as police swarmed the area, shutting down roads for hours. Activists who object to the facility have camped out in the woods in protest. Officers raided the park. Demonstrators claim police tore down encampments.  

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Cool.  I don't see your post condemning it in there.  

Are you kidding? How would he have time to comment over there. He is busy exposing the nefarious leftists around here who are attempting to suppress the news of wanton destruction of glass and a police vehicle by a murderous mob of six people.

1 minute ago, WithoutAClue said:

actually, all you need are three people.

image.png.1115f858ed63ca04e926011ec7e7b166.png

I don’t even think you’d need 1 ranger for that

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

Six arrested.

Many of the over 100 consecutive nights of riots in Portland during the summer of love had ZERO arrests.

funny, the article you quoted doesn’t mention multiple protestors committing violence and destruction. Do you have another article that does?

This seems fucked up even for Atlanta.  No matter what side of the spectrum you find yourself, I've never been able to pretend to give a shit about broken store windows.  But setting large fires, because of how unpredictably they spread, that's fucked up and people should be given harsher sentences for shit like that. I mean, start a garbage can blaze, okay.  But you start on cars and buildings, that gets out of hand and right quick.  

But yeah, unless the punishments of the rioters cause larger, more violent events...this is about what I witnessed on two city blocks of Columbus, Ohio in 2005.  

Having said that, were there Gallows?  We were promised Gallows!  That's when a riot becomes an uprising.  

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

So you're making this claim and can't find anything to back it up? And then tell me to look for it?

Fuck off. Have some negs for arguing in bad form. You make a claim, it's your responsibility to bring the evidence. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

it would be great if people didn’t destroy property. It would also be great if cops didn’t murder citizens. Which do you think is really a bigger deal?

funny, you didn’t mention the events that set all of this off. A cop was shot and the shooter was killed. The cops are so full of lying criminals who beat and murder innocent people that something that should be as straightforward as that resulted in protests and some of the protesters got violent. What do you think the fix for that is?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Ok so I don't keep up with local Atlanta news because why the fuck would I. Here's what it seems like - 

The Atlanta Police Department is spending $90MM (of my tax dollars) to clear 85 acres of forest to build a facility that will enable them to work on vehicle skills and tactics. People have been protesting for various reasons (environmental, ACAB, etc) and some have started squatting in the forest. On Wednesday, troopers rolled in to clear out the forest and they killed a protester. Authorities say he opened fire first, protesters disagree and say he was murdered. These were the events leading up to the downtown protests where there was rioting/burning of cop cars.

I don't watch cable news at all - is this being covered by CNN and MSNBC? There's a dynamic sometimes where our simple friends have their worldview confirmed by the refusal of the "libs" to discuss these very important stories. But the stories are only being pushed by right wing media, and so people who aren't tuned in to that outrage machine know nothing about it in the first place.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

In the spirit of political unity, can we dig up Ashley Babbitt's corpse, place it at the scene of the riots, and let the locals shoot her again so we can come together having had both sides shoot that traitorous cunt? 

Otherwise, it's the same shit in this country every week:

Violent Insurrection to murder Elected Officials?  What about Portland?

Proud Bois, Oath Keepers, Qanon Soldiers?  What about Antifa/BLM?

Mass shooter events in schools, churches, and stores?  What about Chicago?

Grave war crimes in Ukraine?  What about Yemen?

Shaking down Georgia and other states to throw the election to the incumbent?  What about Hunter's Laptop?

The dumbing down of America by the media and politicians?  What about grooming and CRT?

Stolen documents by Trump?  Stolen documents by Biden.  Okay, this one we all have a right to be pissed about.  Both of those morons will be dead soon enough, I want a transparent audit of chain of custody protocol from the Sit Room to the Oval to the Pentagon to overseas bureaus.  This is fucking insane.  

But yes, don't do it counselor 'cause arson is a serious crime.  /whiteheat.  

If a CVS store wanted to get some free publicity...the next day after a riot like this...tape up the windows with a single CVS receipt.  The nation needs a laugh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Atlanta Protests (some violence)