Yellowstone

RPM

9 hours ago, HouTex said:

I thought I recall a statement by someone near the canyon that coyotes or wolves would leave nothing behind.  Whether that’s accurate in real life, I have my doubts.  

Coyotes or wolves would leave plenty, but if they have feral hogs they will leave nothing but churned sod behind.

9 hours ago, HouTex said:

Is Jaime’s threat about the train station a bluff?  Does he really have any proof?  I thought I recall a statement by someone near the canyon that coyotes or wolves would leave nothing behind.  Whether that’s accurate in real life, I have my doubts.  

there's plenty of evidence down there is my guess 

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Obviously the Yellowstone cowboys led by Rip are headed to the 6666, but yes, also promoting the new show. 

They keep saying they are taking them to the panhandle. That would be the old XIT. But yeah, they will go to 6666 even though it ain't in the panhandle.

53 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

Have you been to Amarillo in January?  

No shit.  One of the great ironies is Coloradans laughing at Texans bitching about the cold, but then hearing the same Coloradans bitch about the cold when it gets cold here in Texas.  “The humidity just gets into your bones down here!!” and such.   

yes, The Panhandle is nasty bitch during the winter.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Least populated county in Montana is Petroleum County with a population of 487.  That whole storyline is stupid.

If I had a 700,000 acre ranch, I'd have plenty of places to dispose of dead bodies.  Getting rid of dead bodies has much more to do with who knows than it does where the bodies are hidden.  That part of the storyline makes perfect sense.

Edited by Jerry Callo

13 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Least populated county in Montana is Petroleum County with a population of 487.  That whole storyline is stupid.

If I had a 700,000 acre ranch, I'd have plenty of places to dispose of dead bodies.  Getting rid of dead bodies has much more to do with who knows than it does where the bodies are hidden.  That part of the storyline makes perfect sense.

The Dead Zone, or the Train Station, is not a county in Montana.   Do you even pay attention? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_of_Death_(Yellowstone)

Edited by Trey3216

4 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

This is the fact from which the storyline originates:

The United States District Court for the District of Wyoming is currently the only United States district court to have jurisdiction over parts of multiple states. This is because its jurisdiction includes all of Yellowstone National Park, which extends slightly beyond Wyoming's boundaries into Idaho and Montana. In addition, the federal government has exclusive jurisdiction over the park, so crimes committed in the park cannot be prosecuted under any of the states' laws.

Trials in the district court are normally held at the federal courthouse in Cheyenne, Wyoming. However, the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution decrees that juries in federal criminal cases must be made up of citizens who are from both the district and state where the crime was committed. Because of this, charges for a crime alleged to have been committed in the area of the park in Idaho would have to be tried before a jury consisting entirely of residents of that area, and the trial would also have to take place in that area As the Idaho portion of the park is uninhabited, a jury of residents of both the state and district could not be empaneled. As the Constitution guarantees the right to a jury trial, specified three separate times (Article III, Section 2; 6th Amendment; 7th Amendment), a defendant facing any felony or misdemeanor charge, being unable to receive a constitutional trial, could not be legally punished regardless of guilt or innocence.

The constitutional loophole in this area was discovered by Michigan State University law professor Brian C. Kalt while he was planning to write an essay about technicalities of the Sixth Amendment, which entitles criminal defendants to a fair and quick trial. The essay, which is called "The Perfect Crime", was published in 2005 in The Georgetown Law Journal. After Kalt discovered the loophole, he worked to have Congress close it. However, Congress ignored Kalt's suggestion.

So, IRL, there is such a place, but it is in Idaho not Montana and would only apply to crimes committed in the Idaho section of the Park, If you kill someone on the ranch and dump the body in the Idaho section of the Park, you are still getting prosecuted in Montana state court.  

A hell of a trial lawyer such as yourself, albeit with unconventional methods, should have known this. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Why?  On these two. 

The pesticide flashback felt very unrelated if it doesn’t tie back in. They also showed it about the same time they reintroduced the jailed hippie chic and had some commentary on him needing an environmental advisor.  

13 hours ago, Jacob McCandles said:

This is the fact from which the storyline originates:

The United States District Court for the District of Wyoming is currently the only United States district court to have jurisdiction over parts of multiple states. This is because its jurisdiction includes all of Yellowstone National Park, which extends slightly beyond Wyoming's boundaries into Idaho and Montana. In addition, the federal government has exclusive jurisdiction over the park, so crimes committed in the park cannot be prosecuted under any of the states' laws.

Trials in the district court are normally held at the federal courthouse in Cheyenne, Wyoming. However, the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution decrees that juries in federal criminal cases must be made up of citizens who are from both the district and state where the crime was committed. Because of this, charges for a crime alleged to have been committed in the area of the park in Idaho would have to be tried before a jury consisting entirely of residents of that area, and the trial would also have to take place in that area As the Idaho portion of the park is uninhabited, a jury of residents of both the state and district could not be empaneled. As the Constitution guarantees the right to a jury trial, specified three separate times (Article III, Section 2; 6th Amendment; 7th Amendment), a defendant facing any felony or misdemeanor charge, being unable to receive a constitutional trial, could not be legally punished regardless of guilt or innocence.

The constitutional loophole in this area was discovered by Michigan State University law professor Brian C. Kalt while he was planning to write an essay about technicalities of the Sixth Amendment, which entitles criminal defendants to a fair and quick trial. The essay, which is called "The Perfect Crime", was published in 2005 in The Georgetown Law Journal. After Kalt discovered the loophole, he worked to have Congress close it. However, Congress ignored Kalt's suggestion.

So, IRL, there is such a place, but it is in Idaho not Montana and would only apply to crimes committed in the Idaho section of the Park, If you kill someone on the ranch and dump the body in the Idaho section of the Park, you are still getting prosecuted in Montana state court.  

A hell of a trial lawyer such as yourself, albeit with unconventional methods, should have known this. 

Bingo. They could dig all over Dutton land with a warrant, and the dead body of a former employee on your property is certainly a bad look. 

I think the Train Station is cool, but I don’t like how it’s being used now. Beth is shocked it exists and that her husband/father have committed murders?! Beth can’t be head in the sand Carmela Soprano AND some bad ass bitch that takes whatever she wants at the same time. It doesn’t work. Beth’s character is a problem for the show that the writers can’t hope to solve. They can’t kill her off. It would alienate half of their viewers. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

No shit.  One of the great ironies is Coloradans laughing at Texans bitching about the cold, but then hearing the same Coloradans bitch about the cold when it gets cold here in Texas.  “The humidity just gets into your bones down here!!” and such.   

yes, The Panhandle is nasty bitch during the winter.   

One thing they absolutely nailed was the wind and lack of trees to break it.

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

To give the show some credit, I found the explanation of the Brand to be concise and satisfactory. 

...until the entire damn bunkhouse celebrates Rip's like a damn bar mitzvah. "You covered up your first murder of another ranch hand! We're so proud of you. Have a shot!"

Sort of detracts from the gravity and seriousness they've tried to convey to it.

• Haha 1

Seems odd to debate individual points that aren’t believable in a show that is basically a constant stream of unbelievable events since episode 1.   This show is nothing more than some outstanding cinematography in a beautiful area with a soap opera script seemingly written by and for 14 year old boys who wish they were cowboys.  It was fun fun to watch for a while but people take it way too serious.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 10:41 AM, Your Mom said:

Seems odd to debate individual points that aren’t believable in a show that is basically a constant stream of unbelievable events since episode 1.   This show is nothing more than some outstanding cinematography in a beautiful area with a soap opera script seemingly written by and for 14 year old boys who wish they were cowboys.  It was fun fun to watch for a while but people take it way too serious.  

it’s a soap opera that men can watch 

they need to get back to more tits and ass. I’m looking at you Lainey Wilson 

On 1/4/2023 at 9:02 AM, Jerry Callo said:

But its a dry cold.

People say that in jest but freezing temps in a high humidity location are infinitely more brutal than in a dry climate.

When I tell people I live in Scottsdale, they make the "dry heat" comment and chuckle, but 115 here is a world apart from what it'd be with Austin's humidity.  It's still an oven, but it's not torture.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Augustus said:

People say that in jest but freezing temps in a high humidity location are infinitely more brutal than in a dry climate.

When I tell people I live in Scottsdale, they make the "dry heat" comment and chuckle, but 115 here is a world apart from what it'd be with Austin's humidity.  It's still an oven, but it's not torture.

Fuck 115 even if it is dry.  Played golf at Grayhawk and it was 113 and I felt like I was in an oven.  I will take 95 and Houston humidity over that shit.  

5 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

"The guy"?  You don't know who Josh Lucas is?

No?  Looking at his IMDB, I liked Ford vs Ferrari but can't say he made an impression.  Guess I'm not a big fan of Sweet Home Alabama?  

Edited by WBT

Fuck 115 even if it is dry.  Played golf at Grayhawk and it was 113 and I felt like I was in an oven.  I will take 95 and Houston humidity over that shit.  

Lived in both cities. You can have the Houston heat all day long. It’s not even close.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, WBT said:

No?  Looking at his IMDB, I liked Ford vs Ferrari but can't say he made an impression.  Guess I'm not a big fan of Sweet Home Alabama?  

I liked him in "Second Hand Lions".  It was practically a cameo part it was so small, but that's when I first remembered seeing him.