2023 Thread of Racism in America

Horn Under a Bad Sign

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

FFS Ohio, Texas, Alabama, Florida are all states who have continually elected utterly reprehensible politicians.

Most of us didn’t vote for the assholes. Pointing out that the majority of us posting here live somewhere with disgusting elected officials and where bigotry and racism are celebrated isn’t a personal attack.

And if you take those facts as a personal attack, maybe have a word with yourself.

True.  Not to mention, Texas, Bama, and Florida are states people actually like. 

Who the fuck likes Alabama as a state?  That’s like liking your girlfriend, as a cousin.  That place blows.  Yeah, six miles of decent coastline.  Jeez, if

only Florida and Texas had beaches, maybe we wouldn’t need Alabama.  Ohio really is ass ugly though, I’ve seen every corner of it.  People in Cincinnati and Cleveland are good IMO.  Everybody else is Florida-reject level garbage 

12 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

We all have anecdotes. The most racist place, bar none, I've ever been to was driving all over East Tennessee when I went to Bristol one year. 

North Dakota for me, although it was more about they hated people from outside of ND but holy shit they hated minorities as well (not helped that my dad's company brought in plenty of minorities into town, so they hated the rest of us). They made it clear they wanted us gone as soon as some of the oilfield stuff was surveyed and done.  Even the kids were just fucking horrible to us kids.

Not to dismiss the racial component here, but in what universe would any of us as men, decide to publicly beat a woman to the ground in order to preserve the “integrity” of a TJ Maxx?  

I guess at least he didn’t shoot anybody?  Yey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Not to dismiss the racial component here, but in what universe would any of us as men, decide to publicly beat a woman to the ground in order to preserve the “integrity” of a TJ Maxx?  

I guess at least he didn’t shoot anybody?  Yey?

There is only one retail outlet that I will kill or die for to preserve its integrity. You don’t want to know where my limits are to protect this place (hint: there ARE NO LIMITS). I would beat these women senseless. I would put a child on the rack until he confessed his crimes. This establishment’s hallowed walls will be made like a fortress under my care.

That place is Lane Bryant.

Sincerely,

Vic Mackey
  • Haha 3

Trevor McEwan of Kaufman County charged with murdering 35-year-old Aaron Martinez. Why? Well, Aaron was HIspanic. 

"when Martinez moved to Forney two and a half years ago to open a horse training ranch with his family, right away, his neighbor – McEwan – told him Hispanics aren't welcome.

"He started to follow us...[saying] 'We don't want you Spanish people in the area,'" said Salvador Martinez, Aaron's father. 

They say over time, the incidents started to escalate and they filed complaints.

"When we were working on the ranch, he always was driving the truck with a big gun in the window...pointing to us," Salvador Martinez said.

Martinez's sister says Monday, their lives changed forever.

"Never would I have thought that we would be experiencing this," said Elisandra Martinez, Aaron's sister. "In a way, I just didn't believe there was so much evil. I could not."

Police were called to the 9800 block of Neal Road where they found Martinez in a truck with fatal gunshot wounds.

They say they witnessed McEwan driving away from the scene. After a short standoff, they took him into custody. Arrest documents show he later admitted to the crime."

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/friends-family-members-want-suspect-charged-hate-crime/

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Rage+1 5

Trevor McEwan of Kaufman County charged with murdering 35-year-old Aaron Martinez. Why? Well, Aaron was HIspanic. 

"when Martinez moved to Forney two and a half years ago to open a horse training ranch with his family, right away, his neighbor – McEwan – told him Hispanics aren't welcome.
"He started to follow us...[saying] 'We don't want you Spanish people in the area,'" said Salvador Martinez, Aaron's father. 
They say over time, the incidents started to escalate and they filed complaints.
"When we were working on the ranch, he always was driving the truck with a big gun in the window...pointing to us," Salvador Martinez said.
Martinez's sister says Monday, their lives changed forever.
"Never would I have thought that we would be experiencing this," said Elisandra Martinez, Aaron's sister. "In a way, I just didn't believe there was so much evil. I could not."
Police were called to the 9800 block of Neal Road where they found Martinez in a truck with fatal gunshot wounds.
They say they witnessed McEwan driving away from the scene. After a short standoff, they took him into custody. Arrest documents show he later admitted to the crime."

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/friends-family-members-want-suspect-charged-hate-crime/

I’m sure the Kaufman County Sheriff’s department will get right on that.
Shit, my the time they’re done, they’ll have Gov Abbott awarding the shooter a medal for protecting Texas from the brown horde.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I’m sure the Kaufman County Sheriff’s department will get right on that.
Shit, my the time they’re done, they’ll have Gov Abbott awarding the shooter a medal for protecting Texas from the brown horde.

The video at the above link is heartbreaking. I feel so sorry for his daughter, wife and sister. 

I shouldn’t laugh but I am. 

Control booth: “did he just say ‘Arthur Bryant Museum and N-word barbecue?”  

poor bastard; might be the most non-racist White guy in America.  But if you’re say “Negro League Museum” on national television, rehearse the line ten times beforehand.  Don’t wing your color commentary. 

Edited by YGIFS

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I shouldn’t laugh but I am. 
Control booth: “did he just say ‘Arthur Bryant Museum and N-word barbecue?” 

I liked how Dallas Braden, who looks like he had just left from cosplaying a 1920s Philadelphia A's baseball player, didn't have a response.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

It looks like he was about to say something after the other guy finished the word barbecue.  

but what i Just noticed is Dallas does a heart fist bump like “much respect” right when the other guy said the n-word.  To be fair, he already started moving his arm before that, but by then it was too late. But you can see him let up on it at the point of ‘league museum’ like his brain was trying to get his torso out of the way like a slo-motion “nooooooo…….”   

aw man, these poor dumbasses.  You wake up excited to visit the Negro Leagues Museum and enlighten yourself on this storied chapter of sports & race.  You spend lunch talking to one another about things you learned there and how you can use your broadcasting positions to educate viewers on these historical athletes, and desegregation, and how the Diamond can help bring us all together. 

That afternoon, one of you says the n-word while the other one gesture “I feel ya brother.” On national TV. 

• Haha 1

Maybe a bit of positive and good news is an otherwise depressing thread:

CA reparations package moves forward. A California panel approved a reparations package this weekend that could result in the state paying out more than $500 billion to Black residents, economists estimate. California has been weighing how to make financial amends for the racist policies that have harmed its Black residents, such as redlining by banks that blocked them from getting a mortgage. Under this preliminary plan, which would need to be enacted by lawmakers, eligible Black residents could receive up to $148,099.

19 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Maybe a bit of positive and good news is an otherwise depressing thread:

CA reparations package moves forward. A California panel approved a reparations package this weekend that could result in the state paying out more than $500 billion to Black residents, economists estimate. California has been weighing how to make financial amends for the racist policies that have harmed its Black residents, such as redlining by banks that blocked them from getting a mortgage. Under this preliminary plan, which would need to be enacted by lawmakers, eligible Black residents could receive up to $148,099.

Just saw there was up to another 115k each for "over policing and incarceration" as well.  Up to 360k total/per with up to 1.8 million eligible, with an up to cost of 680B.    Texas and Florida might be getting some additional residents if this passes. 

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just saw there was up to another 115k each for "over policing and incarceration" as well.  Up to 360k total/per with up to 1.8 million eligible, with an up to cost of 680B.    Texas and Florida might be getting some additional residents if this passes. 

Why wouldn't you move to California and try to be a resident before this passes to get your fair share of the reparations owed to you, would be my question to any black person not thinking about it.

23 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Why wouldn't you move to California and try to be a resident before this passes to get your fair share of the reparations owed to you, would be my question to any black person not thinking about it.

It's based on years lived in CA.  Something like $3500/year 1920 thru 2020. And the policing is from 1970-2020 for 2500/per yr.  Something to that order. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

This could go on several threads:

Michelle Obama couldn't be reached. She was too busy eating at a five-star restaurant in Barcelona with her husband, Bruce Springsteen and Steven Spielberg. 

Be careful with your twitter news. A quick google shows that this woman was convicted in 2019 and sentenced to 10 months of prison in 2020. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/6/2023 at 2:57 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

NOT FUCKING SAFE FOR WORK

I see folks criticizing him and assuming that word must be part of his vocabulary.  Maybe, I don't know the guy.  But I doubt it and more likey negro isn't part of his vocabulary either.  Is there any other topic where negro is acceptably said besides the referencing of the Negro Leagues?  I can't think of any way I'd ever use that word besides referencing baseball.  And I honestly get a little nervous even using it when saying the Negro Leagues, but what else would you call it?

That guy probably spent the whole day in the museum and had nothing but racism on his mind.  Probably saw the really bad N-word referenced a few times in the museum.  And then you get on air and and are going to say the bad word you are allowed to say only in this setting and instead you say the other word your mind is telling you absolutely should never ever say.  

Edited by Don Johnson

As there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos, it will be a home run. And so that will make it a 4–0 ballgame. 

It's not that hard to say Negro Leagues. You have to either be mentally deficient or you say that word more than you let on if that's the mistake you made. 

But hey, if rappers can say it, why can't that broadcaster, amiright?

• Hook 'Em 1

I kept trying to hear if he was saying "nigra."  I'm not sure that's any improvement, but once upon a time when "negro" was common, so was that pronunciation and I don't think people really meant anything by it, as they would have with the hard er.

Edited by TwiceHorn

It's not my place to give him the benefit of the doubt as I outlined above.  But I don't see the guy meaning to say that.  But you never know with folks.  It wasn't a hard "R" on the end, but it wasn't "nigra" either.  

Remind me to never follow my own public speaking advice.  Students ask for me tips and tricks.  I have enormous social anxiety that is borderline panic-attack inducing but I get through it on a weekly basis as a part of my service and job.  I almost always work unscripted but when I do speak from notes, my trick is to make it a point to pronounce the last letter/syllable in every word to keep my rapid pace on track.   This would be a time not to hit the last letter in a word.  The alternative would be to abbreviate it to NLB Museum, but nobody knows what that means.  And his luck, he'll end up saying "Visited the N-Word League Museum."  The only thing you can really do to stick the landing is practice "Negro Leagues" 10x in the mirror and then 10x of "Red Leather, Yellow Leather"  But in the end, when the red light goes on, your brain will betray you.  50/50 chance it's either buried racism or just a stroke of bad fucking luck.  Not my place to judge, but I'm sorry...the other fucking guy doing the chest fist bump thing is just the chef's kiss on the worst moment in either of their lives.  sorry guys, for all I know you raise money for the United Negro College Fund every month but this is your internet legacy. 

Hope there's a positive outcome for somebody in this somewhere.  For one thing, lotsa in-laws in Kansas City, including my SiL's black husband.  Next time I go, I am definitely visiting the Museum.  And I ain't saying shit about the name of the place I was.  I'm just gonna say I was at a strip club.  

been immersed in Thomas Jefferson's life this week, DC and VA.

already shared some of his words in the murder dildo thread, where he pretty clearly understood and advocated that as societies evolve their constitutions and laws must as well, otherwise we are barbarians. *ahem*

nope-no.gif.7fbc4f247757305350e81d28b38ec43c.gif

so i noted this today, touring his home...i was really contemplating what a complicated, contradictory, and brilliant person he was, and how i feel more enriched knowing more about him and the role he played in my country's history, which is in fact my history...20230511_105731.thumb.jpg.91f499d7242cb41058782d3fd928382e.jpg

and that was involuntarily followed by the literal thought: 'if this was in Florida Desantis would try to shut it down'. and that made me feel angry and sad. 

sigh.

despite everything i continue to be deeply moved by the symbols and monuments to this country's history. ALL of it. 

i'll say one thing old TJ def got wrong...

"knowledge is power..." - yep

"knowledge is safety..." - you bet

"knowledge is happiness" - bullshit. haha...no doubt i would be WAY happier if i didn't pay attention and didn't know shit about what's happening in the world 😆😝

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Check out who’s attending the Re-awaken America hate fest at Doral:

Thousands are meeting at Trump National Doral Miami for the latest stop of the ReAwaken America Tour, an event that features Christian themes and appearances around the country by some of Trump’s inner circle. According to its founder, the gathering seeks to save the nation by exposing the truth about fraud in elections, healthcare and the media.

The event shows the extent to which election deniers, anti-vaxxers and Jan. 6 sympathizers continue to surround Trump, the leading candidate to secure the 2024 Republican nomination for president...

Alex Jones is the founder of InfoWars, a website that promotes conspiracy theories. Jones claimed that the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting, in which 26 elementary school students and school professionals were killed, was a hoax. Jones was ordered to pay nearly $1 billion in damages to families of victims in 2022.  

Roger Stone is a Trump ally and conservative political consultant. Stone supported the “Stop the Steal” rally that preceded the 2021 storming of the U.S. Capitol and claimed that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.  

Michael Flynn is a U.S. Army lieutenant general who briefly served as national security advisor during the Trump administration. Flynn, who lives in Sarasota, is a key figure in the far-right Christian nationalist movement.  

Mike Lindell is the CEO of My Pillow and a fervent supporter of Trump. Lindell was at the forefront of Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election results and continues to promote false claims related to voting fraud.  

Sidney Powell is a former federal prosecutor on Trump’s legal team that tried to overturn the results of the 2020 election. 

Leila Centner is the CEO of Centner Academy, a private school in Miami. Centner made headlines when she said she wouldn’t employ people who had been vaccinated against COVID-19.  

Peter Navarro is a politician who served as assistant to the president during the Trump administration. Navarro condemned policies to slow the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. His speech during the conference is entitled: “Why Dr. [Anthony] Fauci Needs to Be Fired and In Jail.”  

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is a Democratic candidate in the 2024 presidential election. Kennedy is known for spreading anti-vax misinformation, including the debunked theory that vaccines cause autism, ADHD, cancer and autoimmune conditions.  

Charlie Ward is a personality on Rumble who has praised Hitler for “warning us” about Judaism and claimed that “VIRUSES are Man (JEW) made,” according to screenshots from his Telegram channel published by MediaMatters For America.  

Scott McKay hosts a show on Rumble in which he has said that Hitler was “fighting the same people that we’re trying to take down today.”

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Duval County Jail and its medical provider offer up a new definition of excellent medical care:

https://jaxtrib.org/2023/06/02/duval-jails-medical-provider-says-it-gave-quality-medical-care-to-man-who-later-died/

Seems more like equal opportunity criminal negligence. How exactly is it racist for 2023? Except maybe the underlying institutional racism that has BIPOCs as majority of folks in custody? But that feels like a stretch given the purpose of this thread...

Armor Correctional has been sued in federal court at least 370 times between the creation of the agency in 2005 to 2018. Those lawsuits range from accusations such as medical malpractice to wrongful death and employment issues. Seventy-seven lawsuits were filed the year Jacksonville signed its first contract.

On 5/28/2023 at 8:32 PM, Pancho said:

Holy shit.  Where does Lori Wolfe, Sr. Staff accountant/Accounting Manager  at ITP Strategic in  The Colony, Texas, get off acting superior.  She's mad at this man because he's black --- something out of his control --- and meanwhile she goes three hundred+ pounds (something she CAN control) and feels like she rules because she's part of the master race. I tell you, sometimes it's downright embarrassing to be white.i Wolfe Sr Staff Accountant / Accounting Manager ITP Strategic The Colony, Texas

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Holy shit.  Where does Lori Wolfe, Sr. Staff accountant/Accounting Manager  at ITP Strategic in  The Colony, Texas, get off acting superior.  She's mad at this man because he's black --- something out of his control --- and meanwhile she goes three hundred+ pounds (something she CAN control) and feels like she rules because she's part of the master race. I tell you, sometimes it's downright embarrassing to be white.i Wolfe Sr Staff Accountant / Accounting Manager ITP Strategic The Colony, Texas

Also she rents an apartment in a suburb in Texas. Nothing says being superior to others like having to live among the same people you think are inferior to you.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Her "people" were fucking traitors.  These motherfuckers should be taken out back and shot.  Enemies of the USA. 

So fun fact:

The confederacy lasted about as long as Milli Vanilli.

Seriously, that’s this wonderful “heritage” they love to scream about like frustrated little school kids when they’re not pretending to be tough by ostracizing trans kids that play sports.

• Hook 'Em 1