2023 Thread of Racism in America

Horn Under a Bad Sign

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Her "people" were fucking traitors.  These motherfuckers should be taken out back and shot.  Enemies of the USA. 

53 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

When she says "our people", does she mean White Confederate soldiers or the other Oompa-Loompas that grew up, moved here, and got into politics?  

She should probably have a family tree handy showing that she had relatives who were Confederate soldiers.  I've done plenty of genealogy research for people who swore up and down that they had ancestors who fought for the Confederacy only to find out that they didn't, either because their ancestors didn't volunteer/didn't get drafted, or weren't even in the South in that era.  And of the ones who were in uniform, more than a few never made it to a battlefield, and instead died a glorious death of some shitty disease.

There was something like 8 million free people living in the Confederacy or the Border States, and around 4 million slaves.  Only 800,000 - 1.2 million actually served in the military, and even that number is suspect, since records weren't kept/were destroyed, or a lot of people were scamming the system and enlisting under different names for financial reasons, and after the war when some places had pensions, you had people committing fraud to get those pensions.

But yeah, when she tells you that her ancestors were racist and that she wants them honored....she's telling you who she is.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She should probably have a family tree handy showing that she had relatives who were Confederate soldiers.  I've done plenty of genealogy research for people who swore up and down that they had ancestors who fought for the Confederacy only to find out that they didn't, either because their ancestors didn't volunteer/didn't get drafted, or weren't even in the South in that era.  And of the ones who were in uniform, more than a few never made it to a battlefield, and instead died a glorious death of some shitty disease.

There was something like 8 million free people living in the Confederacy or the Border States, and around 4 million slaves.  Only 800,000 - 1.2 million actually served in the military, and even that number is suspect, since records weren't kept/were destroyed, or a lot of people were scamming the system and enlisting under different names for financial reasons, and after the war when some places had pensions, you had people committing fraud to get those pensions.

But yeah, when she tells you that her ancestors were racist and that she wants them honored....she's telling you who she is.

Another fun fact, she was born in the suburbs of Chicago.

• Haha 1

Aurora?  Fucking Aurora?  The suburb known best for it's daughters of the Confederacy and Wayne's World?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Is this fucking simulation even trying anymore?  And of course she's the committee chair for Mississippi Libraries?  So I'm sure we're two weeks away from a fucking book burning.  And oh yeah, she's fucking faking the accent.  This is just getting so sublime, it's almost boring.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Another fun fact, she was born in the suburbs of Chicago.

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Aurora?  Fucking Aurora?  The suburb known best for it's daughters of the Confederacy and Wayne's World?  Are you fucking kidding me?  Is this fucking simulation even trying anymore?  And of course she's the committee chair for Mississippi Libraries?  So I'm sure we're two weeks away from a fucking book burning.  And oh yeah, she's fucking faking the accent.  This is just getting so sublime, it's almost boring.

She's a fucking realtor.

michael fassbender perfection GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Every time I hear one of these asshats talk, I think of "Groundhog Day"...

"Do work in real estate, Ned?"

BINGO! 

why can't there just be one that's something interesting like diving instructor or periodontist?  We're in a fucking loop and it's getting annoying. 

Bed, Bath, and Beyond has to be familiar with DINKs, and, also, employed a racist. 

Two Black men in Ohio said they never before encountered the humiliation they experienced when they were targeted by armed cops for purchasing “high-ticket items” during a shopping trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond last week.

On June 16, couple Lamar Richards and Austin Geer, both from South Carolina, went to the Bed, Bath & Beyond in Toledo after purchasing their first home. Richards said they were among the first customers when the store opened that morning and noticed they were the only people of color. In an interview with The Daily Beast Thursday, Richards said they didn’t notice anything suspicious at the time but realized in hindsight that they were treated differently than other shoppers. He said the manager told them they had to leave the vacuum they wanted at the counter while they continued to look around the store, but he saw other customers with vacuums in their carts.

(Bed, Bath & Beyond has been doing a number of closeout sales across the country to prepare to shutter doors after filing for bankruptcy in April.)

“After we paid our money…we heard a police officer ask the cashier who just rung us out, did we pay?” Richards said. “That’s what prompted me to begin recording.”

He said the officers did not ask the same of any white customers in line.

In a series of videos Richards and Geer filmed and posted on social media, a woman in a pink shirt—who Richards identified as the store manager—approached the couple.

“So, apparently someone called and said they thought maybe we were shoplifting or something?” Richards asked the manager, explaining that he just spent $600 at the store.

There’s video at the link. Racist bitch had no shame.

https://news.yahoo.com/bed-bath-beyond-calls-911-184343248.html

Also, wage theft by employers costs our citizens three times as much as shoplifting and robbery.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 cops in Mississippi fired after allegedly sexually assaulting two black men and shooting one of them in the mouth, wounding him critically:

https://www.ksat.com/news/national/2023/06/27/deputies-accused-of-abusing-black-men-are-fired-by-mississippi-sheriff-amid-federal-probe/

Yeah…read how many crimes these deputies were involved in before FINALLY being maybe held somewhat accountable.

Law enforcement is the most despicable criminal gang operating on American soil.
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 8:43 PM, DigglerontheHoof said:

Her "people" were fucking traitors.  These motherfuckers should be taken out back and shot.  Enemies of the USA. 

And even if we were to agree that they weren't, that wasn't even Mississippi's flag until 10-15 years after the civil war was already over.  The one she's talking about wasn't even in place until 1894.  This was their flag during the civil war:

image.png.6d153598ccd1194037978ca5da0e412d.png

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

And even if we were to agree that they weren't, that wasn't even Mississippi's flag until 10-15 years after the civil war was already over.  The one she's talking about wasn't even in place until 1894.  This was their flag during the civil war:

image.png.6d153598ccd1194037978ca5da0e412d.png

image.gif.fb2b5f445c6acf49d5a8edebc573a051.gif

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I would stab that man if he was ever within stabbing distance. The fact that he was elected after everyone knew who he was is why I am actively looking to leave this shithole state, and a return to Texas hasn't been on my list for at least a decade now. 

• Like 2

Well, I had a friend (white dude) try and argue with me that black people are the most protected group of people in the country…followed by trans people. I responded with “trans people can’t even have fucking brunch anymore.” 
his response “ThEy WeRe JuSt InViTeD 2 ThE WhItE hOuSe 4 pRiDe”

He also tried getting me to watch the most recent Alex Jones documentary because it’s important and “I can’t believe nobody else can see this shit happening before our eyes. It drives me crazy.” 

Safe to say I don’t talk to this friend as much any longer. Covid and staying indoors seems to have fucked with him. I bet his fucking Instagram/Twitter algorithm right now doesn’t help either.

Edited by CowboyFred
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

Well, I had a friend (white dude) try and argue with me that black people are the most protected group of people in the country…followed by trans people. I responded with “trans people can’t even have fucking brunch anymore.” 
his response “ThEy WeRe JuSt InViTeD 2 ThE WhItE hOuSe 4 pRiDe”

He also tried getting me to watch the most recent Alex Jones documentary because it’s important and “I can’t believe nobody else can see this shit happening before our eyes. It drives me crazy.” 

Safe to say I don’t talk to this friend as much any longer. Covid and staying indoors seems to have fucked with him. I bet his fucking Instagram/Twitter algorithm right now doesn’t help either.

You should ask him why those groups need protecting in the first place.

Seems like the longer time goes on the more my saying seems to ring true.

"Not all Republicans are racist. But most racists are Republican."

I wonder what the real percentage is?  You have so many Republicans who honestly believe they are not racist, when they are racist as hell.  I have always found that ability to self-convince fascinating.  It's as if the label is the bad thing, not the repeated actions.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

I wonder what the real percentage is?  You have so many Republicans who honestly believe they are not racist, when they are racist as hell.  I have always found that ability to self-convince fascinating.  It's as if the label is the bad thing, not the repeated actions.

I think it has something to do with the idea that these people see other races as "naturally" below them.  As in, this is the way things are supposed to be.  So they convince themselves that they don't have a problem with the color of someone's skin, but it's god's intended order, so it's ok to look down upon them.

yeah, it's fucked up

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Hard to believe a SEAL that served so closely next to servicemen of color in such horrific deployments where the only thing you could count on was the Black man to your left and Latino to your right...for 5 deployments across the better part of a decade.  And then to come home and use the term "Colored People" on the floor of the People's House.  I'm sure his teammates appreciate that.  I know they have a code we could never possibly understand, but I gotta think if he wasn't a sitting Congressman, they'd whip his ass with a pillowcase full of soap bars and then buy him a beer so they could reboot their relationship.  

But seriously what an asshole. 

2 hours ago, horn4life said:

Plenty were nodding their heads when Tubberville was trying to claime that white nationalists weren't racist.

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think it has something to do with the idea that these people see other races as "naturally" below them.  As in, this is the way things are supposed to be.  So they convince themselves that they don't have a problem with the color of someone's skin, but it's god's intended order, so it's ok to look down upon them.

yeah, it's fucked up

At the end of the day, and the media has picked up on this, given the history of that phrase, there is no reason why he should have ever uttered the phrase “colored people” - it’s just not a natural phrase.  Even him trying to backtrack with “people of color” - that’s still not a phrase he was going to use.

And I laughed when he talked about how powerful Russia’s military was - they aren’t even the best military in Ukraine. 

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Hard to believe a SEAL that served so closely next to servicemen of color in such horrific deployments where the only thing you could count on was the Black man to your left and Latino to your right...for 5 deployments across the better part of a decade.  And then to come home and use the term "Colored People" on the floor of the People's House.  I'm sure his teammates appreciate that.  I know they have a code we could never possibly understand, but I gotta think if he wasn't a sitting Congressman, they'd whip his ass with a pillowcase full of soap bars and then buy him a beer so they could reboot their relationship.  

But seriously what an asshole. 

I’m sure the NAACP is not amused 

Was it that big of a slur?  No.  But even the most racist, backwards-ass fuckwads in Congress know better than to bring that shit onto the floor and speak it directly into the record.  And he did it from printed notes, it wasn't some ad lib that just slipped out of his mouth in the heat of the moment after a 3-martini lobbyist lunch.  

Dude could obviously kick anyone's ass in that building, but I'd like to picture him like the bully Alpha Beta in Revenge of the Nerds and then the national tri-lambs barricade them in.  I could see Eli Lane going on another rant and then the 30 or so black male Democrats in Congress line up in front of him, led by All-pro LB Colin Allred ready to whip his ass.  And Lane looking over at fellow Republican John James (Black, former Army Ranger) and James looking back at him, "Dude, you have black colleagues...not black friends.  You on your own man." and walks away.  

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean holy fuck, they are just straight up white nationalists.  Just scream it out loud.  How is this not hate speech?

The dude doesn't even have an associate degree from the juco he attended.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

Uphauling but par for the course with Charlie Kirk

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean holy fuck, they are just straight up white nationalists.  Just scream it out loud.  How is this not hate speech?

Any moment, he'll start talking about "colored people".  It's already been used in the House this week and people like him are trying to figure out how much blowback Eli Crane truly got.

13 minutes ago, safe sex said:

A strong contender for most racist post of the year

fAmIlY vAluEs!

How do you square the single-income family notion with the notion that women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen?

Or, you know, maybe it was 150 years of getting kicked in the teeth by whitey.  But we can't talk about that because it might hurt our widdle kiddies feewings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2