Controversy in Singapore

Bevo

February 08, 2023 3:47 AM
'What's wrong with being hairy?' Netizens in China call out Singapore salon for featuring orangutans in ad

But netizens are not seeing the funny side, saying that it compares women who do not shave their body hair as orangutans.

"This company degrades women and materialises women and creates body anxiety among women only for the sake of its commercial interests.".

Responding to SCMP's queries, an employee from the Shanghai outlet said that the company's head office supplied the ad posters.

And that an orangutan was used in the ad since there were difficulties finding women with ample body hair.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

is there such a thing as a sharp spoon?

I call patent rights on the Spadoon.  See it’s like a spoon, but it’s also like a spade so it has a really sharp end used for digging/cutting.  A utensil so versatile that you won’t need a knife, fork, and spoon to eat a 3 course meal…. Just the spadoon in all its cutting/shoveling/calorie moving glory.   

24 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I call patent rights on the Spadoon.  See it’s like a spoon, but it’s also like a spade so it has a really sharp end used for digging/cutting.  A utensil so versatile that you won’t need a knife, fork, and spoon to eat a 3 course meal…. Just the spadoon in all its cutting/shoveling/calorie moving glory.   

Can I get like a finders fee or some such?

43 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Jesus, I’d rather dig my eyes out with a dull spoon than read this asiaone website. It’s just a conglomerate of absolute trash made to incite emotion.

I already get these benefits from this website.

Amen.  I’m not going to get upset about a country that I can’t legally even enter until January of 2031 (assuming I meet the terms they laid out, but fuck them, I’m in the US, they can’t check up on me).

There are men in this world who I have never met, but who I will always respect.  Bold men, decisive men, men who know what they want.

Like the man who posted this simple, one-line ad in the Austin Chronicle "Variations" section back in the early 90s, which I read aloud to my friends while sitting in our office at the law school:

"Man seeks exceptionally hairy woman."

That's it.  That's the whole ad.  Skinny?  Who cares?  Fat?  Doesn't matter.  Only one thing matters - BE HAIRY.  Respect, unknown man who placed that ad.  RESPECT.

• Haha 2

On 2/8/2023 at 8:30 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Amen.  I’m not going to get upset about a country that I can’t legally even enter until January of 2031 (assuming I meet the terms they laid out, but fuck them, I’m in the US, they can’t check up on me).

Damn, lots of anti-Singaporeans here.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, Brisketexan said:

There are men in this world who I have never met, but who I will always respect.  Bold men, decisive men, men who know what they want.

Like the man who posted this simple, one-line ad in the Austin Chronicle "Variations" section back in the early 90s, which I read aloud to my friends while sitting in our office at the law school:

That's it.  That's the whole ad.  Skinny?  Who cares?  Fat?  Doesn't matter.  Only one thing matters - BE HAIRY.  Respect, unknown man who placed that ad.  RESPECT.

And in a move that is in no way a surprise to anyone, Brisket once again demonstrates that he has exceptionally high self esteem. 

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, Brisketexan said:

‘Twasn’t me’.

On 2/8/2023 at 7:44 AM, DaggerHorns said:

Jesus, I’d rather dig my eyes out with a dull spoon than read this asiaone website. It’s just a conglomerate of absolute trash made to incite emotion.

I already get these benefits from this website.

Ahhh, you must go to the Cloakroom every once in a while.

On 2/8/2023 at 7:55 AM, Incredulity said:

is there such a thing as a sharp spoon?

Only when I'm cuddling with your wife.  Though she prefers the term "sporking"....it's like spooning but with a something extra poking out.  ;)  

Edited by YGIFS

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

And I suppose there's a "tossin' that slaw" comment coming from you directly.  You sophomoric punk.  

Sorry, all of my fast food side dish innuendos were related to Popeye's dirty rice, which they have removed from the menu, a move that upsets me too much to discuss it any further.  Thanks for bringing it up, asshole.