The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Was it the Dead Milkmen or who that had that song with the voiceover at the beginning the guy says to the other guy, "Hey man, I heard you might be going down to the shore?"  

Bitch’n Camero 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

My favorite is still Stuart…(just a guy gossiping with his buddy in a trailer park about crazy conspiracy shit) reminds me of growing up and seeing all those tabloids near the checkout about aliens and Bigfoot. That’s what the “song” is parodying.

10 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I have definitely been drugged at a bar. 

Me and a buddy were at slick Willie's on burnet drinking pitchers. Next thing we know we wake up in my car behind an heb covered in mud in our underwear.  

At some point we had changed a flat. Guess that explains the mud. 

No memory of what happened. 

Dude, what I learned growing up watching TV is it's not healthy to keep telling yourself it was 'mud' and everything is OK.

image.png.a4bb6f3b37997a4fc150fb641d9a0926.png 

Sooner of later you're going to realize it wasn't a chicken.

• Haha 3

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/apd-weekend-rainey-st-patrols-helped-find-missing-man/amp/

Successful first weekend:

He said officers performed standard downtown duties like breaking up fights, and in one instance over the weekend, patrons asked officers to help them find their friend they hadn’t been able to find for a couple of hours.

“They were flagged down by some concerned citizens about a missing person,” Greenwalt said. “They had a friend who went missing several hours earlier in the night at a particular bar, and when [officers] went to the bar to look for that individual, they found that person passed out in the bathroom – but they found him.”

Edited by LonghornSean
  • Haha 1

I got drugged at the Rose once - pretty sure it was by the stripper. She stacked dances which they're not supposed to do, then followed me to the ATM to make sure I paid her. I got blackout drunk very shortly after and my friend drove me home. He told me that as soon as he got home he blacked out as well. We were only there for maybe an hour and had 2-3 drinks tops. 

Sounds familiar. Think the same happened to me about 2 years ago. Some young 18-year stripper stacked dances and followed me to the ATM. Puked for 36 hours straight. Not sure how I got back to my sister’s house.

30 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Not sure if related to water recreation or something else…rumors going around about someone missing from Rainey last night but no confirmation on that. So if it’s a killer(s) then you have a two week cooling off period which means that the unsub or perp is escalating. I can’t really even say that without more information but this person(s) goes dormant for a while and is cool with that (assuming there is one) but this if there is one then it’s because of all the announced new “safety” measures I’d guess. It’s a compulsion that this person cannot stop. Not saying anything anyone that follows this shit doesn’t already fucking know. I’m trying to get more information. APD’s Twitter is awfully snarky lately. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not super familiar with austin.. seeing pics on social media that police are currently pulling a body out of the water near roy & Ann butler trail. Is that close to longhorn dam? Not sure if it’s both the same event or if they found 2 bodies today 

The trail goes around the lake, including the sections on either side of Longhorn Dam.

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Not super familiar with austin.. seeing pics on social media that police are currently pulling a body out of the water near roy & Ann butler trail. Is that close to longhorn dam? Not sure if it’s both the same event or if they found 2 bodies today 

It’s fairly near the Lustre Pearl (one bar a drowning victim was at) so if you map that out you can see a path.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Enemy07 said:

That changes everything.

Yeh I don’t know the area and don’t know how easy it is to walk to the water and just “drown” so I’m probably not the best person to help with where to go. It’s not a place I’m familiar with at all. Not sure if you’re jesting and I don’t care but people shouldn’t go there alone. Or split from a group. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The trail goes around the lake, including the sections on either side of Longhorn Dam.

I checked out the end of Rainy straight, closest to Town Lake, and it is closer than I remembered. I use to run the 3 mile loop (in 21 minutes), starting from Holiday in, to Riverside and around. I can see someone walking toward the lake and wanting to take a piss and walking down that steep hill.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yeh I don’t know the area and don’t know how easy it is to walk to the water and just “drown” so I’m probably not the best person to help with where to go. It’s not a place I’m familiar with at all. Not sure if you’re jesting and I don’t care but people shouldn’t go there alone. Or split from a group. 

A little of both. Trying to keep the mood positive though.

15 minutes ago, Enemy07 said:

I checked out the end of Rainy straight, closest to Town Lake, and it is closer than I remembered. I use to run the 3 mile loop (in 21 minutes), starting from Holiday in, to Riverside and around. I can see someone walking toward the lake and wanting to take a piss and walking down that steep hill.

the point of running the hike 'n bike trail isn't "bestest time", it's to get in a workout at a casual speed so have opportunity to take in the eye candy.  In all the years I've been on that trail, trying to run a 7:00m mile has never once occurred to me.   

Also, only murderers and vegans post their trail times for Town Lake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

33368037-F746-49A4-80EE-21367754DB5D.jpeg

Just now, YGIFS said:

Yeah, just a small river full of dead bodies that all fucking look alike.  Nothing to see here.  

Park rangers and police “presence” man…not all of these deaths are related but you’d have to be a dumb fuck not to see any similarities. (Disclaimer: I don’t think every case is related OK!)

6B37F6E5-1742-457E-AF4A-52C422854BCC.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Not at all.  We're on the same page.  It's probably not the great serial conspiracy we think it is, but it's certainly more curious than APD is admitting.  Not everything is worthy of a serial killer podcast, but this is just too fucking weird to have senior brass just sitting on toxicology reports like they were rape cases.  thanks for staying on top of it.  'Keep Austin Weird' aside, this is really fucking bizarre.  People didn't just suddenly start getting drunk on Rainey and going, "Oh hey, there's a lake right there...lemme go feed the ducks" in the last 2-3 years.  

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Not at all.  We're on the same page.  It's probably not the great serial conspiracy we think it is, but it's certainly more curious than APD is admitting.  Not everything is worthy of a serial killer podcast, but this is just too fucking weird to have senior brass just sitting on toxicology reports like they were rape cases.  thanks for staying on top of it.  'Keep Austin Weird' aside, this is really fucking bizarre.  People didn't just suddenly start getting drunk on Rainey and going, "Oh hey, there's a lake right there...lemme go feed the ducks" in the last 2-3 years.  

I think the last two ones are bizarre. Neither one was a big drinker (I’m pretty good at research and I will leave it out people I share/talk to.) I would love to say PM me (this leads to weird shit) but I can say from my friend “bags up wheels down.” I don’t know what else to say beyond that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think the last two ones are bizarre. Neither one was a big drinker (I’m pretty good at research and I will leave it out people I share/talk to.) I would love to say PM me (this leads to weird shit) but I can say from my friend “bags up wheels down.” I don’t know what else to say beyond that. 

Yes. People that care. APD has been incompetent for a few years. My friend in APD says it is the best police job nationaly, very competitive, yet, they do not want to do their fucking job. Thats what we pay them for. To seek out these assholes that cause our lifestyle to be formidable.

13 minutes ago, Enemy07 said:

Yes. People that care. APD has been incompetent for a few years. My friend in APD says it is the best police job nationaly, very competitive, yet, they do not want to do their fucking job. Thats what we pay them for. To seek out these assholes that cause our lifestyle to be formidable.

A) people do care. Please don’t go looking for this person(s). This isn’t something any police department has the ability to comprehend much less have the resources for—in APD there is a bunch of political stuff. All CR worthy. 
B) I don’t think the person is a male. Or at least appears male. Jmo. 
C) seeking out assholes: everyone’s life is hard right now. We are all dealing with shit. 

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Park rangers and police “presence” man…not all of these deaths are related but you’d have to be a dumb fuck not to see any similarities. (Disclaimer: I don’t think every case is related OK!)

You could put my picture in this group and I would not stand out. Guess I need to stay the fuck away from Rainey 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, CleverNickname said:

If some of these people are dead because the same person/persons have been drugging them to rob them... isn't that still a serial killer even if the motivation isn't total psycho shit?

But they haven’t been robbed, have they? 

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

If I die on Rainey St, I also hope my family provides a shitty picture of me.

• Haha 5