The Austin / Rainey St / Lake Serial Killer

tx 3 putt

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

The people on the Facebook group dedicated to this are a bunch of unhinged kooks. 

You will be reprimanded for even suggesting that maybe some of these people just fell in and drowned on their own. 

I need to join and then ask "The Lake gets what the Lake wants.  What if the Lake singled out people who add beans to their chili?"

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Even the suggestion that maybe someone is drugging these guys and some of them end up walking into the lake because they are so out of it is considered victim blaming over there. 

It's a serial killer, damn it, and all 15000 members of that group are going to solve it together. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Deej said:

Even the suggestion that maybe someone is drugging these guys and some of them end up walking into the lake because they are so out of it is considered victim blaming over there. 

It's a serial killer, damn it, and all 15000 members of that group are going to solve it together. 

Up to 33k members this morn. 

12 minutes ago, Deej said:

From my Arizona days, I know when you give pack rats rat poison, they love dying in the pool. So, yeah drugging could explain things. And I could see people walking towards the lake when vomiting. But going all the way into the lake is maybe taking the thought a little too far.

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

From my Arizona days, I know when you give pack rats rat poison, they love dying in the pool. So, yeah drugging could explain things. And I could see people walking towards the lake when vomiting. But going all the way into the lake is maybe taking the thought a little too far.

The bank in that area isn't a gentle slope into the water and there seems to be a bunch of vegetation there. I'm not saying all of them accidently fell in, but I imagine a few did. Lots of people telling stories of getting drugged down on Rainey and not remembering how they got home, or finding themselves somewhere they shouldn't have been. I could see some of those guys being just obliterated from something dropped in a drink, stumbing in to the lake and not being able to get out. All of them? Probably not. 

• Like 1

Already mentioned, but KXAN starting to raise the profile a little bit.  Not quite leaning into serial killer just yet.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/body-recovered-from-lady-bird-lake-saturday-apd-confirms/

LOL

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/family-of-man-found-dead-in-lady-bird-lake-in-2018-responds-to-recent-deaths/

A list circulating on social media right now shows a list of bodies found in Lady Bird Lake, many of which link to KXAN articles.

We dug through all of them and found most are not tied to Rainey Street — despite the list circulating in relation to this story — and that many have circumstances that don’t match what happened to the three men talked about in this story.

We have asked APD to weigh in on the theories floating around on social media and will update this article when we get a response.

Little Rascals Waiting GIF

Colorado River Killer

* We would like to recognize that these killings took place on the ancestral lands of the Tonkawa People. Please take a moment to celebrate and honor this ancestral Tonkawa land, and the sacred land of all indigenous peoples.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

They are literally dying (or feeling that they are) of thirst. Rat poison (older versions anyway) were nothing more than a concentrated high dose of the blood thinner Warfarin. Their blood is leaking out (third spacing) and because of the hypovolemia, they are going into shock, which is causing them dehydration and feeling of thirst. That's why you found them in your pool.

Same thing has happened on the battlefield for thousands of years. Wounded, bleeding out and screaming for water, they were doing this because of their body's reaction from the shock of exsanguination.

3 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

They are literally dying (or feeling that they are) of thirst. Rat poison (older versions anyway) were nothing more than a concentrated high dose of the blood thinner Warfarin. Their blood is leaking out (third spacing) and because of the hypovolemia, they are going into shock, which is causing them dehydration and feeling of thirst. That's why you found them in your pool.

Same thing has happened on the battlefield for thousands of years. Wounded, bleeding out and screaming for water, they were doing this because of their body's reaction from the shock of exsanguination.

You are correct - I was just having fun in this cruel world in which we live in.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

You are correct - I was just having fun in this cruel world in which we live in.

I kinda figured as much, but then there may be some on here that might not have been aware of that. 

Wanna take out you mean old aunt? Just double/triple up her dose of her blood thinner....

Mad Cartman GIF by South Park

42 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I watched an episode of X-Files this morning where exsanguination was the cause of death.   It was the one with the cloned kids that knew what the other was doing while living across the continent from one another.

1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

you know a lot about poison...just saying

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Guaranteed that the killer is a member. Learning, adapting. 

21 minutes ago, Deej said:

Probably the person who started the group.

Okay, there's this serial killer, right -- No, wait. See, he's being hunted by a cop. And he's taunting the cop, right? Sending clues who his next victim is. He's already holding her hostage in his creepy basement. So the cop gets obsessed with figuring out her identity, and in the process he falls in love with her. Even though he's never even met her. She becomes, like, the unattainable, like the Holy Grail. Okay, but there's a twist. See, we find out the killer suffers from multiple personality disorder. Okay? See, he's really also the cop and the girl. All of them are him! Isn't that fucked-up?

Edited by South Austin

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m sorry but I can’t ignore this egregious use of a superfluous preposition that you had already used earlier in the phrase. 

How about if I added: makin” us feeling alright?

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

I'm going to join the FB group, tell them that I was a victim of doping and almost died, then see if I can get a sympathy fuck out of it.

Will report back.

Some dude there will fuck you. After he drugs you, but before he throws you in the lake. 

• Haha 7

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it's any consolation, when this thread popped up, I had to go look up where it was at (I haven't really done the 6th street/bar hopping/etc. thing in over 10 years, since my first kid was born).  I was off by about 6 blocks.

I have no clue about it either. I may have to read Rachel Carson’s book “The Silent Spring” from 1962. The lake is really a damn reservoir created by the Longhorn Dam…sigh…

——————————————-

Evil MoPac wrote a pretty decent Substack on this. A lot more common sense than the groups on FB/Reddit or other places insisting that there is a TownLakeDumper. He will be updating this as needed. Copied and pasted some of it below. Just common sense warnings and stuff. 

“Keep an open mind. None of y’all know what is going on here yet. Don’t act like you do, even if people give you a bunch of Likes, Upvotes, and RT. Those don’t mean shit in the context of actually knowing the truth.

Hold authorities accountable. Even in the likely event there’s not a killer, this situation deserves a smart, timely, and robust investigation from the Austin Police and any authorities assisting them. They can’t be allowed to fall short or use excuses. 

Demand practical things from Austin, like better lighting and security cameras in potentially dangerous areas. These types of measures can help no matter what the cause of these deaths is, and given how easy and inexpensive the technology is (unless you try to frame it as needing to be done for the entire several mile long trail, which is not necessary, rather than just near Rainey), it’s pretty hard to believe we’re still having to ask for it now. This is the very least Mayor Kirk Watson and city leaders can do. No goddamn committees are needed. Bid the project and get it done.

Take care of your friends and yourself. If y’all are out together drinking, and someone wants to head off alone for food or to go home, don’t let them do it without a bud. And don’t do it yourself. Make plans ahead of time. This is smart whether or not there’s a killer.”

• Hook 'Em 1