2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

26 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It doesn’t even matter that we won, outcome isn’t what matters it’s process and the process is fucking broken. 

But be grateful that this is made possible by REAL bAsEBaLL people instead of microsoft excel dorks judging players' performance with metrics that nobody can explain. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chapo said:

But be grateful that this is made possible by REAL bAsEBaLL people instead of microsoft excel dorks judging players' performance with metrics that nobody can explain. 

Not sure if you listen to the best Astros niche podcast to start in the year 2023, breathing Orange fire but if not think you might like it since that’s sort of our lane. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Took the kids into the lions den today. Honestly most Dodgers fans weren’t bad. We even got a small “cheater” chant going with Mookie. Was actually really funny the Dodgers fans just nodded and laughed around us.

Then we ventured to the upper deck and the fans were a lot bigger set of dicks. Though most shut up when I pointed that their local “cheater” had most of their runs. Got a little more riled up when I called their 2020 title a bigger asterisk than 2017. But it was mostly in good fun. Ventured back down to the field level where my seats were behind the Astros dugout

That was my last of the classic stadiums and it didn’t disappoint. Much like Wrigley and Fenway it’s a dump. But an awesome dump. The views are better than anywhere save maybe PNC or Oracle. And they are spectacular from the top deck.

Dusty made that game stupidly difficult and I blame base running issues on the manager. It’s his job to get the team in the right place for that. Not to mention refusing to pinch hit for Maldy (or better not playing him at all). And resting Altuve was just dumb.

• Hook 'Em 6

35 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

Took the kids into the lions den today. Honestly most Dodgers fans weren’t bad. We even got a small “cheater” chant going with Mookie. Was actually really funny the Dodgers fans just nodded and laughed around us.

Then we ventured to the upper deck and the fans were a lot bigger set of dicks. Though most shut up when I pointed that their local “cheater” had most of their runs. Got a little more riled up when I called their 2020 title a bigger asterisk than 2017. But it was mostly in good fun. Ventured back down to the field level where my seats were behind the Astros dugout

How did they react when you brought up Trevor Bauer and the huge Dodgers' staff spin rate jump in 2021?

Thank god they pulled that one out. Would be extra miserable if they dropped it, but things are not great. Big handful of games coming up. 

I’m heading to St. Louis this morning with Mrs. PH and Lil’ PH. We will be in the stadium tomorrow. First time at a Cards home game. Fuck ‘em. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1