2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

He was hitting .168 for the Angels since the trade, which is worse than Maldonado, so no thanks. There's a good reason he cleared waivers.

He has .774 OPS for the year combined with Colorado. Compared to most of the trash at the bottom of our 40 man - that looks like Lou Gehrig.

39 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Man, y'all need to stay out of Helo's self-delusion thread.  Don't give him a reason to jump in here. 

I’m occasionally one of the culprits. To be fair, for years, one of my hobbies has been to highlight Helo’s idiocy. Sometimes you just have to go where the stupid is. 

While on the subject of Helo. I’m going win a last-longer in playoffs or  better record bet with him. He has to use an avatar of my choosing for a month. I’m more inclined to something humiliating to the Yankees versus Astroscentric. I’d welcome any suggestions.

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m occasionally one of the culprits. To be fair, for years, one of my hobbies has been to highlight Helo’s idiocy. Sometimes you just have to go where the stupid is. 

While on the subject of Helo. I’m going win from him a last-longer in playoffs or  better record bet with him. He has to use an avatar of my choosing for a month. I’d welcome any suggestions. I’m more inclined to something humiliating to the Yankees versus Astroscentric. 

Photoshop Judge's head over Dinesh and put Cashman over Ehrlich.

Spoiler

piedpiperlogo.png.f385fec9410348cb6d2520cb66863de3.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hornmpa96 said:

He has .774 OPS for the year combined with Colorado. Compared to most of the trash at the bottom of our 40 man - that looks like Lou Gehrig.

He went from having the best year in his career with the Rockies to having his worst with the Angels. Do you really want to add a salvage operation to the team with 35 games left?  I don't think he's worth it, there's something wrong with him mentally or maybe he has a bad attitude since the trade. Either way, that is a phenomenal drop off over the course of a month, and the Astros don't really need him. If he were a gold glove first baseman I would say it's worth a shot, but we really don't need another outfielder. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

He went from having the best year in his career with the Rockies to having his worst with the Angels. Do you really want to add a salvage operation to the team with 35 games left?  I don't think he's worth it, there's something wrong with him mentally or maybe he has a bad attitude since the trade. Either way, that is a phenomenal drop off over the course of a month, and the Astros don't really need him. If he were a gold glove first baseman I would say it's worth a shot, but we really don't need another outfielder. 

This conversation went too far. It only started because I said he’s better than Julks. Because it’s an off day, I went looking at our 40 man roster and there are several folks who could easily be DFA’d in that group. I would not replace anyone on our 26 man roster today with Grichuk.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

This conversation went too far. It only started because I said he’s better than Julks. Because it’s an off day, I went looking at our 40 man roster and there are several folks who could easily be DFA’d in that group. I would not replace anyone on our 26 man roster today with Grichuk.

Compton Keep It Real GIF by AD

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

While on the subject of Helo. I’m going win a last-longer in playoffs or  better record bet with him. He has to use an avatar of my choosing for a month. I’m more inclined to something humiliating to the Yankees versus Astroscentric. I’d welcome any suggestions.

Option A

Spoiler

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47lrbwiha4fej3a4wqz2

Option B

Spoiler

Joey-Gallo-2-1.jpg?resize=1536,1058&qual

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Any chance you could make it a pic of himself wearing this shirt?

https://breakingt.com/products/love-altuve

image.png.34fb378bd29be36cda3eb3ba02428799.png

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

So what 2 players do y’all think will be brought up today?  Only 1 pitcher is allowed. 

Kessinger and Bielak 

51 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Anyone want a 30-day pass for the Athletic?  I have five to hand out.  PM if interested.  Despite Drellich, there is some good stuff there.

Just hit “show reader” in the top right corner of any Athletic article and you can read it 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/30/2023 at 6:44 PM, Slacks said:

Y'all know I'm coming in hot on Friday, right?

Do you remember April (2021, 2022, 2023)?

It's September again, and your Houston Astros are .001 out of first place and the odds on favorite to do the thing they do.

Uncle Mike is back. Altuve is back. Yordan is back. Verlander is back.

Sam Ehlinger is not back.

Do you remember?

Sincerely,

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

We fucking suck. I can’t even fake talking shit to you guys. But The Martian lands in Houston today so be ready.

@TonyTexas yeah pick whatever stupid unfunny bullshit avatar you want me to have. I’ll use it the entire month of October. 

it's not supposed to be funny, it's supposed to make you angry.

Astros' Jose Altuve rocketing toward 2,000 hits after hot night

any picture of the goat having fun playing baseball will do the trick.

• Hook 'Em 2