2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Replacing Evan Carter, who won the game for them yesterday with his defense. 

I think we win today handily. This lineup hits Eovaldi pretty well

He went 1-1 vs us this year with the loss coming right after he had come back from injury.  I'm not sure I would trust that particular start given how little rehab he did in coming back prior.  He has since turned it around so I wouldn't use past performance as a particularly good indicator.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

He went 1-1 vs us this year with the loss coming right after he had come back from injury.  I'm not sure I would trust that particular start given how little rehab he did in coming back prior.  He has since turned it around so I wouldn't use past performance as a particularly good indicator.

Correct, this lineup has its hands full today against playoff Eovaldi. Imperative to work the count and hopefully he misses his spots early to keep Astros hitters in a favorable position and maybe scratch a run or two and get into their bullpen.

26 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

It was a great season. Congrats to Rangers . Good luck in world series

Baseball historians will stand in awe of the three straight perfectos they're about to throw to finish us off. We won't even achieve an exit velo faster than Dusty's walks to the mound. 

42 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Career vs Eovaldi

IMG_1451.png

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

What’s up with J.P. France? I know he had a couple of rough starts before the ALDS. 

Are we going to use him? He could possibly help out of the pen. 

He seemed to hit the rookie dead arm wall just not as hard as Brown did.  My guess is if anyone gets into trouble in the early innings is when we will see him for long relief.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Overlord said:

What’s up with J.P. France? I know he had a couple of rough starts before the ALDS. 

Are we going to use him? He could possibly help out of the pen. 

His role on the playoff roster is long relief so I hope not. Modify the DKR quote to describe it. “3 things might have happened when you need a long reliever and 2 of them are bad”

• Hook 'Em 2