45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

31 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

His lawyers will never allow him to testify under oath. They know he’s incapable of opening his mouth without lying. 

And do you know what Trump does to lawyers that don't let him do what he wants, or tell him what he wants to hear?

I mean, besides not paying them. He does that to ALL his lawyers.

That's right: He fires them.

I mean, who do you think this is? Someone who hires smart attorneys, and then listens to them? Because if this, in any shape or form, described Trump, he wouldn't be in this shit. Because he wouldn't have done any of it.

That's why he's got the bottom-barrel team of nitwits running his show right now. Between those he didn't pay, those who are now under charges of their own, and those who gave him actually good advice, there just aren't many left who'll take the job. And those who have the job ought to be smart enough to know that they're riding a gravy train that's about to hit the terminal real quick, so they might as well milk it for all it's worth and suck up to him.

If he wants on the stand, he's going on the stand.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

And do you know what Trump does to lawyers that don't let him do what he wants, or tell him what he wants to hear?

I mean, who do you think this is? Someone who hires smart attorneys, and then listens to them? Because if this, in any shape or form, described Trump, he wouldn't be in this shit. Because he wouldn't have done any of it.

That's why he's got the bottom-barrel team of nitwits running his show right now. Between those he didn't pay, those who are now under charges of their own, and those who gave him actually good advice, there just aren't many left who'll take the job. And those who have the job ought to be smart enough to know that they're riding a gravy train that's about to hit the terminal real quick, so they might as well milk it for all it's worth and suck up to him.

I made myself chuckle today when CNN was interviewing the lawyer for John Eastman.  For a second, I thought to myself, wait, isn't Eastman a lawyer himself...oh wait.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

you're changing the subject

that's not what I'm saying

what I'm saying is that it's very possible for Trump to use the defense of "i genuinely believed the election was stolen despite what everyone told me"

it is very possible for Trump to use the defense. It is not very possible for it to succeed.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Trump’s insistence that he is being arrested for his people has ridiculous religious undertones. And religious overtones. And religious tones. It’s a wall of “I’m your new Jesus”

Well, what else would you call this?

3813ffb1-ef09-489a-bbda-4068ab44dd22.jpg

b0b996716fd3bd67fd56a4202ae19d31?impolic

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Rage+1 2

44 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You are onto something Rimbo.

Step one) We all need to create some new email addresses. We need about seven words to create the Boebert word salad email address….you know, “patriot, Christian, Maga, warrior, alpha, true, militia” @gmail.com

Step two) < throw pieces of paper with each word written on one on the floor; close your eyes and pick up the first three>

Step Three) email Trump, Junior and Eric that “you love him, and think that he will win his trial if he just defends himself, as he is smarter than his lawyers.  Plus, people love Trump more than they love the lawyers, so that increases his chance of being found not guilty.  If your lawyer talks about a plea deal, even one time, that means he is in the tank.”

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

image.thumb.png.8ae0440713a331b340b75c008d4935c3.png

It’s a shame that the cult’s mindless chant from that episode wasn’t somehow captured:

The leader is good

The leader is great

We surrender our will

As of this date

For the record, I’d totally vote for the leader bean over TFG.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Well, what else would you call this?

3813ffb1-ef09-489a-bbda-4068ab44dd22.jpg

b0b996716fd3bd67fd56a4202ae19d31?impolic

No judging, but to be PilotsError and see that group of women in real life and willingly admit, "Someday lord, I'd like to be lucky enough to bed one of them gals." 

Christ Almighty, the hate-filled piles of human shit some of you Texas 'men' have to pretend you're into.  How fucking sad.........

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dcbc said:

Part of my wish list includes, when all is said and done, a report that the OJ Trial got higher ratings.  Just one more thing for him to stew on while he rots in prison.

oj definitely got better ratings than whatever this would get these days, assuming it was televised, which it won't be.

elie honig was pleading today on cnn for them to allow cameras for the trial, which they can do, but he didn't seem hopeful.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

In the Mueller investigation he listened to his lawyers and answered written questions so they could check his answers. They knew if he sat for questioning he’d perjure himself. Don’t hold your breath thinking he might take the stand. Not gonna happen. 

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

oj definitely got better ratings than whatever this would get these days, assuming it was televised, which it won't be.

elie honig was pleading today on cnn for them to allow cameras for the trial, which they can do, but he didn't seem hopeful.

This is such an important trial, such an historic event, they really owe it to the people and to history to televise it.

It seems that way, anyway. I’m sure there are arguments against it. The most likely one that I can think of is that Team Trump would try to turn it into a circus. I’d like to think the judge is strong enough to keep them in line or charge them with contempt. I don’t know. It just seems too big not to show it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This is such an important trial, such an historic event, they really owe it to the people and to history to televise it.

It seems that way, anyway. I’m sure there are arguments against it. The most likely one that I can think of is that Team Trump would try to turn it into a circus. I’d like to think the judge is strong enough to keep them in line or charge them with contempt. I don’t know. It just seems too big not to show it. 

there are a lot of people that are saying the trial needs to be done before the election so that the voters can have all the information.  i think that's only valid if they allow cameras.  that's how we get the information.  otherwise it's up to news sources to divvy it up how they choose, which, based on recent court decisions, is not ideal.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

let's not forget that there are other conspirators in the indictment who are unnamed, even if we know who most of them are.

establishing a fact pattern of these co-conspirators knowing and telling trump that he lost the election, and then still went ahead and did this shady shit...

they aren't just making one case, even though it's the biggest. they establish these airtight cases against the co-conspirators, and people start to flip, right?

i dunno.

You know who was not amongst the co-conspirators described and was conspicuously absent from the entire indictment?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There's zero chance of the clown's case in chief not being a circus regardless of cameras. I can't imagine what would be a compelling argument against televising.

Trials are public events, and refusing to allow television in this day and age is unseemly as fuck, and is particularly foolish when so many people are falling prey to misinformation and conspiracy theories. 

Congress should've already forced this on the judiciary in my opinion. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Dumbass should really hire better lawyers ….

According to Lawrence O’Donnell, he then went on another show and said it again.

I think that the most important aspect of this news is: has he already gotten his retainer?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Never been indicted. Do they really swear you in to give your plea?

I've blocked the Occupy Democrats account because it's so shitty with wish-casting, and that tweet is another example.  MSNBC and CBS had multiple people in the courtroom and neither network reported that; in fact, both said he seemed more at ease today than the previous indictment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated