45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

So Meadows has to be one of the biggest idiots of all time.  He cut a deal with the Feds, and instead of trying to cut a deal with Georgia he committed perjury in an attempt to get the state case moved to Federal Court.   So while he may have immunity in the Federal Case, he's potentially fucked that up in Georgia and is facing prison time.  

Only the best people.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So Meadows has to be one of the biggest idiots of all time.  He cut a deal with the Feds, and instead of trying to cut a deal with Georgia he committed perjury in an attempt to get the state case moved to Federal Court.   So while he may have immunity in the Federal Case, he's potentially fucked that up in Georgia and is facing prison time.  

Only the best people.  

What perjury?  I think I missed something?

It does seem that a lot of Trump confidantes are going to be able to testify to his state of mind in the run up to 1/6.  

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

What perjury?  I think I missed something?

It does seem that a lot of Trump confidantes are going to be able to testify to his state of mind in the run up to 1/6.  

He hasn't been charged of yet for it, but in his attempt to move the case to Federal Court he was caught lying in his testimony.  

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Only the best people.  

Don't forget the credible death threats that are about to rain down on him and his loved ones! Couldn't have seen that coming!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Trump must be dyspeptic:

Mark Meadows Granted Immunity for Testimony

October 24, 2023 at 4:59 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard Leave a Comment

“Former President Donald Trump’s final chief of staff in the White House, Mark Meadows, has spoken with special counsel Jack Smith’s team at least three times this year, including once before a federal grand jury, which came only after Smith granted Meadows immunity to testify under oath,” ABC News reports.

“The sources said Meadows informed Smith’s team that he repeatedly told Trump in the weeks after the 2020 presidential election that the allegations of significant voting fraud coming to them were baseless, a striking break from Trump’s prolific rhetoric regarding the election.”

“Meadows also told the federal investigators Trump was being ‘dishonest’ with the public when he first claimed to have won the election only hours after polls closed on Nov. 3, 2020, before final results were in.”

https://politicalwire.com/2023/10/24/mark-meadows-granted-immunity-for-testimony/

IMG_1799.gif.793398dedb15ea72be47d4156cdce935.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

IMG_1845.thumb.jpeg.8e96f8adbddc3adf794c0a2968c58185.jpeg

It looks like it took many, many pints of Häagen-Dazs ice cream while she was deliberating her decision to flip before she finally decided that an all-starch Georgia prison diet was not for her.

Holy Fucking Shit.

She's turning into Linda Tripp right before our very eyes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

IMG_1845.thumb.jpeg.8e96f8adbddc3adf794c0a2968c58185.jpeg

It looks like it took many, many pints of Häagen-Dazs ice cream while she was deliberating her decision to flip before she finally decided that an all-starch Georgia prison diet was not for her.

that thickness + just getting out of jail / lock up = hell yes !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Meadows wrote a book? Does he expect MAGA to read it?

I don’t know.   But I do expect the publisher to sue his ass for the money they gave him to write a book that turned out to be a whole lot of lies. 

I have no idea what his contract with the publisher says, but I have faith in my fellow lawyers that there’s about 1500 clauses, one of which says we don’t have to pay for a “memoir” that contains complete falsehoods.  

They had an expectation of selling that shit to the gullible MAGATs, and now MAGATs  won’t buy the book b/c Meadows is a fake news RINO traitor….Like a dog. 

Edit: also, name checks out

Edited by Gatorubet

3 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I think it's disrespectful and classless to keep pointing out that she looks like a fat, bloated manatee. We can discuss her faults without reducing the discourse to the singularity of her being a fat bitch. Do better. 

Can we call her repignant, I mean repugnant?

• Drool 1

I think it's disrespectful and classless to keep pointing out that she looks like a fat, bloated manatee. We can discuss her faults without reducing the discourse to the singularity of her being a fat bitch. Do better. 

8c4ebe66e6635b53d188f11654a1ce4b.jpg

“Wait! What? My boyfri…..lectern salesman told me that “manatee” was Cherokee for beloved…”

35 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I don’t know.   But I do expect the publisher to sue his ass for the money they gave him to write a book that turned out to be a whole lot of lies. 

I have no idea what his contract with the publisher says, but I have faith in my fellow lawyers that there’s about 1500 clauses, one of which says we don’t have to pay for a “memoir” that contains complete falsehoods.  

They had an expectation of selling that shit to the gullible MAGATs, and now MAGATs  won’t buy the book b/c Meadows is a fake news RINO traitor….Like a dog. 

Edit: also, name checks out

what_the.jpg.28721f1f4acf4c6fd0b9fff4f9779b1b.jpg

Why would the publisher do this? You can't BUY this kind of publicity! The book is about to fly off the shelves now. It's gonna become required reading, the same kind of infamous missing of the target that becomes famous forever as The Jungle. Kids are going to be forced to read it in High School as a great example of "Unreliable Narrator," tied in with a famous historical event in American History.

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

17 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Why would the publisher do this? You can't BUY this kind of publicity! The book is about to fly off the shelves now. It's gonna become required reading, the same kind of infamous missing of the target that becomes famous forever as The Jungle. Kids are going to be forced to read it in High School as a great example of "Unreliable Narrator," tied in with a famous historical event in American History.

IMG_0311.gif.e7296e0a86eddb25ef9b9c6c3e27ec9d.gif

Enraged MAGAts will not buy it. He is a traitor.  Progressive who hate Meadows will not buy it.   I don’t know who would buy it.

13 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Not quite the same thing. 'Cuz this is what I hear:

Sure. You may not have synesthesia, but the result is the same through training your brain to hear a specific song when faced with a specific visual.

Personally, I do question whether I have synesthesia, as sometimes, particular colors evoke certain sounds.

Anyway, this is far afield from the squishy fart-sounding noises I hear from seeing images of Trump's face.

Peace.

What I like about Cohen, and why I 100% believe everything he says, is he lays it out so simply.  It is all as dumb as we thought.  He doesn't try to obfuscate or complicate or hem and haw.  He's just like, yep, this is what we did and that tub of shit was at the helm.  
I'm a bit surprised no one has tried to get rid of him yet.
Well half the country didn't get duped by a cunning criminal mastermind mob boss. They got duped by a gameshow host clown. It was a pretty simple grift.

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, Trump filed five more motions to dismiss the indictment in DC.  See them here. https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67656604/united-states-v-trump/

I think they're all pretty weak, some laughable even.  But a big flurry of activity that was somewhat expected.

One of the most astonishing arguments they've made is that his acquittal in the Senate on the two impeachments is double jeopardy for these criminal charges.

Someone, I think Biff said it above, these motions seem to be mostly political fodder.  One that is really laughable is a motion to strike all reference to January 6 violence from the indictment because allegedly Trump isn't accused of being responsible for 1/6.

I don't know what in the blue fuck they think conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding is if it isn't January 6.  They cite a NY Post article as evidence, without combing through the indictment, which clearly lays responsibility for January 6 at the feet of Trump by virtue of the entire conspiracy.

Laughable, man.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Someone, I think Biff said it above, these motions seem to be mostly political fodder.  One that is really laughable is a motion to strike all reference to January 6 violence from the indictment because allegedly Trump isn't accused of being responsible for 1/6.

I don't know what in the blue fuck they think conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding is if it isn't January 6.  They cite a NY Post article as evidence, without combing through the indictment, which clearly lays responsibility for January 6 at the feet of Trump by virtue of the entire conspiracy.

Laughable, man.

But we all know facts and the law don't apply to Trump.   You know, with Presidenitial immunity and stuff.  

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

But we all know facts and the law don't apply to Trump.   You know, with Presidenitial immunity and stuff.  

Well that's why Trump doesn't fare very well in a court of law (which is actually to be distinguished from pretrial proceedings in a civil court):  it's a pretty fact-oriented place.