45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

It won't mean he walks.  It is an epic clusterfuck of massive proportions, though.  She is a dumbfuck.

If he wins in November it will mean he walks. 

I'll be shocked if she gets disqualified though. It would require the judge rejecting her unrebutted claim of paying him back in cash. May be questionable whether she really did, but she's on the right side of the preponderance of evidence. 

To be clear, I don't think she should be DQ'd even if she didn't pay him back. This whole thing is a clown show that the judge shouldn't have entertained. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Thrawn said:

JHC. I'm watching the Fulton County case on CNN right now. I don't see how you lawyers on here can do this for a living. Arguing every single point back and forth. Patience is a virtue I wasn't blessed with. I know this is important stuff being argued, but it would make me want to open up a vein. 

If you're built to argue every point, it probably feels like popping bubble wrap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Thrawn said:

JHC. I'm watching the Fulton County case on CNN right now. I don't see how you lawyers on here can do this for a living. Arguing every single point back and forth. Patience is a virtue I wasn't blessed with. I know this is important stuff being argued, but it would make me want to open up a vein. 

This is actually pretty exciting work as far as lawyering goes. 

52 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

If he wins in November it will mean he walks. 

I'll be shocked if she gets disqualified though. It would require the judge rejecting her unrebutted claim of paying him back in cash. May be questionable whether she really did, but she's on the right side of the preponderance of evidence. 

To be clear, I don't think she should be DQ'd even if she didn't pay him back. This whole thing is a clown show that the judge shouldn't have entertained. 

How so?  He can't pardon himself for state offenses.  Georgia doesn't have pardons, except after completion of a sentence.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

How so?  He can't pardon himself for state offenses.  Georgia doesn't have pardons, except after completion of a sentence.

Not entirely correct.  We have a parole/clemency board, which can make a recommendation to the Governor who can act (doesn't have to) based upon that recommendation.  Good news on that front, that board isn't tied politically, though appointed by Governors, including Kemp.  Even then, the Governor would have discretion.  

Edit Correction - The board has sole discretion on clemency/pardons, not the Governor.  The make up the five person panel is not disclosed as to their individual political affiliation.  Also, a grid system of guidelines are in place that help to guide decision making on this.  

Edited by BamaATL

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Although it is one particular defendant's motion, all the lawyers for all the defendants have probably joined it and are present in any event to argue if needed or merely to observe bill

If we're honest.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Dibs on Fulton County Cash Horde for a band name.

You guys could headline!

seeking-videos-from-early-years-h-o-r-d-

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Maybe he meant H.O.R.D.E the music festival. 

Beat me to it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, dcbc said:

You guys could headline!

seeking-videos-from-early-years-h-o-r-d-

Beat me to it.

That's a fucking bummer.  Of all the members of those bands what I went to see live at that festival, literally half of them are dead now.  

Also-what the fuck with Willis?  She had every base covered in this case, while her date was covering her third?  

31 minutes ago, Player said:

what time is Engoran supposed to drop that lump of coal in Trump's stocking? Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth commence. 

Weird that you asked and I remembered, but according to Michael Cohen's "sources" on yesterday's MT podcast, between 2 and 3 pm today (I assume Eastern time). 

31 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

. . . by a corrupt criminal justice system?

This part reads like one of Trump's posts.

/no offense

human-people-person-hand-face-portrait-c    

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Patience is our weapon, and it's a lethal motherfucker. 

Absolutely this.  Back in my early days of practice, I had a hourly-billed client who would call every day for case-status updates.  He learned patience after the first billing cycle and only called every other day.  It was a lucrative way to enjoy my morning coffee as a young lawyer.  When we finally had the opposition by the balls and brought them to the settlement table, I wonder if he looked at our firm's chunk and thought about all those status update calls.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

29 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just checking in once every few weeks to see if he's being held accountable yet by a corrupt criminal justice system?

Nope? Cash still gumming up the gears of justice?

Look, I’ve told every judge and lawyer I know to get this shit done quicker because Herminator has his own timeline to meet. All I can do, really.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Patience is our weapon, and it's a lethal motherfucker. 

Taking the patient approach with a cancer is how you let it metastasize and spread. That's exactly what's happened with trump, and is solely a consequence of the uniquely FUCKING SLOW modus operandi that trump exclusively gets. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Taking the patient approach with a cancer is how you let it metastasize and spread. That's exactly what's happened with trump, and is solely a consequence of the uniquely FUCKING SLOW modus operandi that trump exclusively gets. 

If you're looking for Brisket to tell you that the slow and methodical nature of our criminal justice system doesn't have a helluva downside, you're going to be waiting a long time.

I strongly believe that we should have shot insurrectionist by the fucking truckload on January 6th.  If you want to deal with a threat QUICKLY, there are tools to do so.  They involve hot lead, and Esso Stations.  They have their place, and their merits. They also have their downsides.

History will tell if we chose wisely in picking the rule of law path.  The jury is definitely still out.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Look, I’ve told every judge and lawyer I know to get this shit done quicker because Herminator has his own timeline to meet. All I can do, really.  

Would be nice to clear the docket and get the cases of the presidential candidate who led an insurrection and stole and disseminated classified information expedited. But maybe they're going as fast as they can already. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

History will tell if we chose wisely in picking the rule of law path.  The jury is definitely still out.

My frustration is that "the rule of law path" means doing fucking nothing for years and then frantically trying to get it all done before the election 

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Would be nice to clear the docket and get the cases of the presidential candidate who led an insurrection and stole and disseminated classified information expedited. But maybe they're going as fast as they can already. 

I agree, and I hope so.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Sometimes when you move too quickly, you can overlook things.  As my wife's MD Anderson trained oncologist told us, "I know you want us to cut this thing out of you yesterday.  But the reality is that we're not as worried about what we can see as what we cannot see."  

Knock wood.  We are coming up on ten years cancer free.

With Trump, I'd rather have them do it right than right now.

Our national cancer is not in remission. It is actively in control of the body politik and continuing to influence national and international policy so that it can have a better shot of becoming even more powerful in November. 

To follow your metaphor, this an active and spreading cancer that all the brightest legal minds are thrilled to be dragging their feet in treating. It's fucking ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Our national cancer is not in remission. It is actively in control of the body politik and continuing to influence national and international policy so that it can have a better shot of becoming even more powerful in November. 

To follow your metaphor, this an active and spreading cancer that all the brightest legal minds are thrilled to be dragging their feet in treating. It's fucking ridiculous. 

It's not my metaphor.  And I'm not going to lump myself in with the "brightest legal minds," nor am I "thrilled" that this sort of thing takes time since I, like you, and other seemingly like-minded people, believe this to be an awful problem these criminals are for the survival of our country.  I want to see unlubed justice applied with vigor and without pity as soon as possible.

With that said, I am more familiar than many with how this sort of thing works, particularly on the appellate side of the coin.  And on that end, it appears to me to be moving with more exigency than I would have expected or for which I could have hoped.  I understand that it's frustrating and infuriating nonetheless.  But forgive my saying so, if you think this is slow, you ain't seen slow.

The rule of law path lacks the immediacy of the murderous rampage path (as Brisket noted).  But I suppose if I'm going down, I'm going down with lady justice.  It's the path I've chosen.

Edited by dcbc

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

To follow the metaphor even further.....it may be that this cancer is going to kill us, no matter what we do (that's what Brisket thinks, by the way).

Move quickly?  It devastates the body, and we die.

Move slowly and deliberately?  It lets the cancer spread enough, and we die.

Option 1 - we die.  Option 2 - we die.  Bottom line, if Trumpism and its adherents want to kill the Republic, they have the numbers to do so.  It doesn't take a majority to kill the body politic.  Just a critical mass.  Yes, just like cancer.

7 minutes ago, dcbc said:
17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:
To follow the metaphor even further.....it may be that this cancer is going to kill us, no matter what we do (that's what Brisket thinks, by the way).
Move quickly?  It devastates the body, and we die.
Move slowly and deliberately?  It lets the cancer spread enough, and we die.
Option 1 - we die.  Option 2 - we die.  Bottom line, if Trumpism and its adherents want to kill the Republic, they have the numbers to do so.  It doesn't take a majority to kill the body politic.  Just a critical mass.  Yes, just like cancer.

Fuck cancer.

This is what we've been saying, man.  Since 2015.

• Hook 'Em 1