45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Mushrooms can't get STD's you fucking short-sided morons.  

However, he does seem to be faltering faster than we thought.  He will not live past 12 months.  Book it.  You have that much time to build up a tolerance to snorting thunder and shitting heroin.  

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Taking the patient approach with a cancer is how you let it metastasize and spread. That's exactly what's happened with trump, and is solely a consequence of the uniquely FUCKING SLOW modus operandi that trump exclusively gets. 

Not exclusively.  It's a time honored tactic just like brisket said.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

We will not cut the cancer out. We are waiting to see if the crystals work because half this country is looney tunes. 

I prefer to think of it as neoadjuvant chemotherapy.  It interferes with Trump's ability to do more damage while destroying the unseen, potential for damage not yet irreversible.  Once we have him cornered, we cut him out.  No need to turn to crystals until the real weapons fail.

Edited by dcbc

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Taking the patient approach with a cancer is how you let it metastasize and spread. That's exactly what's happened with trump, and is solely a consequence of the uniquely FUCKING SLOW modus operandi that trump exclusively gets. 

Trump's influence among the electorate is shrinking, not growing. Sure, his hardcore supporters are even deeper up his ass now than they ever were, but they are a shrinking group, and those who are not in that group - the majority of the country - are so done with his shit.

He rode a blue-collar rust belt wave into office in 2016, because he spoke their language, and the Democrats had taken them for granted since Clinton without doing anything for them. And then Trump did nothing real for them. And now Biden has done explicit and effective things for them. He's completely reversed the advantage Trump had and brought them back into the fold.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

My frustration is that "the rule of law path" means doing fucking nothing for years and then frantically trying to get it all done before the election 

It don't make a shit if it happens before or after the election, because Trump ain't winning the election.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Trump's influence among the electorate is shrinking, not growing. Sure, his hardcore supporters are even deeper up his ass now than they ever were, but they are a shrinking group, and those who are not in that group - the majority of the country - are so done with his shit.

He rode a blue-collar rust belt wave into office in 2016, because he spoke their language, and the Democrats had taken them for granted since Clinton without doing anything for them. And then Trump did nothing real for them. And now Biden has done explicit and effective things for them. He's completely reversed the advantage Trump had and brought them back into the fold.

It don't make a shit if it happens before or after the election, because Trump ain't winning the election.

My dude. Trump is actively torpedoing legislation that affects foreign and domestic policy. He is continuing to jeopardize Ukraine's national sovereignty and ability to defend herself, and throwing sand into the gears of our legislature for the sole sake of a potential campaign advantage. 

He is able to do all of this because our justice system has taken the rope a dope and appeasement approach towards this fucking fascist. History shows us time and time again that failure to promptly punish a fascist coup attempt only guarantees another one after a period of destroying the government from within. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

My dude. Trump is actively torpedoing legislation that affects foreign and domestic policy. He is continuing to jeopardize Ukraine's national sovereignty and ability to defend herself, and throwing sand into the gears of our legislature for the sole sake of a potential campaign advantage. 

He is able to do all of this because our justice system has taken the rope a dope and appeasement approach towards this fucking fascist. History shows us time and time again that failure to promptly punish a fascist coup attempt only guarantees another one after a period of destroying the government from within. 

No, He is able to all of this because gop leadership after the 1/6 insurrection didn't want to take a hard L so they made statements that Trump was done and would/could never lead the party again, so impeachment was just a dem victory lap in their minds.  Shocker!  They lied.   Trump was on the outs for a year before they returned to him, hat in hand, to kowtow and suckle his orange power teets.

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Trump is actively torpedoing legislation that affects foreign and domestic policy. He is continuing to jeopardize Ukraine's national sovereignty and ability to defend herself, and throwing sand into the gears of our legislature for the sole sake of a potential campaign advantage. 

And by doing so, he's not only costing himself the election, he's costing the GOP.

Because of Trump's influence on the border deal, the Democrats can now use the border hysteria that the GOP created against them. That's exactly what just happened this week: A Democrat challenger in a heavily Republican district destroyed his Republican challenger by 7.5 points - by running on border security.

This isn't a hypothetical. IT JUST HAPPENED. And it's going to continue to happen because the GOP has become a one-man party with no issues, and that man happens to be a complete dimwit.

So, Eeyore all you want, but it has no basis in reality. You have to have your head buried pretty far up your own asshole to think Trump has a chance in hell at this point. Just like his supporters do.

I mean shit, listen to Brisket. Brisket isn't joking when he says he's been the leader of the doom n gloom club. But even he sees the trend now.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, locodos said:

No, He is able to all of this because gop leadership after the 1/6 insurrection didn't want to take a hard L so they made statements that Trump was done and would/could never lead the party again, so impeachment was just a dem victory lap in their minds.  Shocker!  They lied.   Trump was on the outs for a year before they returned to him, hat in hand, to kowtow and suckle his orange power teets.

And to go further, the RNC will soon be a subsidary of Trump Organization.

Not only did team GOP return (well, they actually never left) but they also just handed over the entire Republican party organization and appratus lock, stock and barrel.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, there's still young'uns around who are true believers.  I followed one today in my car; he had no less than half a dozen decals on the back glass of his minivan letting the world know he fucking loved Donald.   As I was passing I took a gander over to get an idea of the driver; I'm guessing mid-30's or so.

So!  There's a chance it was someone else's mini van.  I guess.

His parents van of course. What else is he gonna drive to his weekly circle jerk?

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

And by doing so, he's not only costing himself the election, he's costing the GOP.

Because of Trump's influence on the border deal, the Democrats can now use the border hysteria that the GOP created against them. That's exactly what just happened this week: A Democrat challenger in a heavily Republican district destroyed his Republican challenger by 7.5 points - by running on border security.

This isn't a hypothetical. IT JUST HAPPENED. And it's going to continue to happen because the GOP has become a one-man party with no issues, and that man happens to be a complete dimwit.

So, Eeyore all you want, but it has no basis in reality. You have to have your head buried pretty far up your own asshole to think Trump has a chance in hell at this point. Just like his supporters so.

I mean shit, listen to Brisket. Brisket isn't joking when he says he's been the leader of the doom n gloom club. But even he sees the trend now.

I guess I just don't share your optimism of the problem being solved by the electoral process. Gerrymandering and a failure to enforce court rulings to fix racist congressional distracting, along with the decade long campaign of voter suppression by the GOP has all but cemented their ability to prevent progress and simple governance. 

It's going to take a massive, earthshaking development to buck that trend. Something like sweeping criminal prosecutions and trials for an act of insurrection carried out on live national television.

But I have it on good authority we have no choice but to let the fascists light a thousand fires so that they can complain about the smoke, otherwise WERE the bad guys. We can't be having a speedy trial or anything unconstitutional like that 

I like that theory, wildcat, but I don't think it gives enough credence to the fact that Dems in recent decades just can't make a fucking decision.  They agonize and move slowly while the GOP shoots first and lawyers up second.

I've got some relatives who are hard shell liberals who work in DC.  Working under the GOP is a breeze they say, because the republicans just make a decision and everyone moves on.  The Dems fuck around with 20 policy preogatives and nothing gets done.

You're mostly right but Dem pokiness adds insult to injury.

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

And to go further, the RNC will soon be a subsidary of Trump Organization.

Not only did team GOP return (well, they actually never left) but they also just handed over the entire Republican party organization and appratus lock, stock and barrel.  

It’s not unlike the DNC. Obama’s campaign basically took it over and moved a lot of operations under OFA and the DNC was decimated and in massive debt by 2016.  The RNC is going to be in even worse shape in 2025 if Lara Trump ends up running it to just funnel all the money to Trump’s legal bills and “campaign”

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Captainant said:

I guess I just don't share your optimism of the problem being solved by the electoral process. Gerrymandering and a failure to enforce court rulings to fix racist congressional distracting, along with the decade long campaign of voter suppression by the GOP has all but cemented their ability to prevent progress and simple governance. 

"Optimism" has nothing to do with it. You just haven't been paying attention.

You should check out Marc Elias' site. Read up on just how many election and voting cases his firm has taken on - and their record in those cases. Not only has he defeated the GOP's efforts to rig elections at nearly every turn, he's often made the situation WORSE for Republicans. They HATESES him, Precioussss!

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's going to take a massive, earthshaking development to buck that trend. Something like sweeping criminal prosecutions and trials for an act of insurrection carried out on live national television.

But I have it on good authority we have no choice but to let the fascists light a thousand fires so that they can complain about the smoke, otherwise WERE the bad guys. We can't be having a speedy trial or anything unconstitutional like that 

Rimbo needs to believe that Trump is guaranteed to lose like Q-Anon believers need to believe the Storm is coming. You're not going to shake him from that any more than you could shake any Q believers from their belief that all of this is happening according to some grand plan that Trump has.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

In my experience, you don't have to be rich to gum up the legal system, but it certainly helps. For people who don't practice law, I can also tell you that these cases are moving faster than normal because of their profile. A business fraud case like the one we're expecting to hear from today can take a decade or more, especially if the target is rich but not particularly well known, or in which there aren't really any stakes outside the investors or shareholders that were harmed. Also remember that all Engeron is doing today is announcing the damages, he was already found liable prior to the last round of litigation, by default too if I recall correctly. His refusal or inability to defend against liability sped this thing up by several years as compared to a normal business fraud case. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I like that theory, wildcat, but I don't think it gives enough credence to the fact that Dems in recent decades just can't make a fucking decision.  They agonize and move slowly while the GOP shoots first and lawyers up second.

I've got some relatives who are hard shell liberals who work in DC.  Working under the GOP is a breeze they say, because the republicans just make a decision and everyone moves on.  The Dems fuck around with 20 policy preogatives and nothing gets done.

It's not really a theory, it's been pretty thoroughly reported. But yeah, it's also wholly consistent with typical Democrat brain behavior. It's very easy to paralyze yourself weighing every possible option and end up doing nothing and hoping things just resolve themselves on their own.

6 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

It's a hell of a lot easier to break shit (GOP) than fix it or create new things (Dems).

That's a huge factor it in.  

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I like the cat eating corn video. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The thing is, we're not really taking the "rule of law" approach. The "rule of law" approach would've been to immediately begin an enormous criminal investigation into Trump the moment Biden took office, because there was a shitload of evidence he and those around him had committed numerous crimes related to 1/6.  Garland and the DOJ didn't do so because they were worried about political appearances. That's not commitment to the rule of law, that was them disregarding the rule of law, prioritizing their own vain concerns over enforcement of the law against the biggest fucking threat to American capital-L Law since the Civil War.

They really did hope that he'd just go away quietly. It took until Trump refused to give back the most highly classified shit we have before they got around to actually taking any of this shit seriously. 

Very fair point.  Although I do believe the investigation would have taken longer than people wanted.

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Rimbo needs to believe that Trump is guaranteed to lose like Q-Anon believers need to believe the Storm is coming. You're not going to shake him from that any more than you could shake any Q believers from their belief that all of this is happening according to some grand plan that Trump has.

I don't believe he is arguing in good faith.  The Oval Office has swung -- twice in a row -- on extremely tight margins in a few key states.  Nothing has changed.

Confidence is poison. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't believe he is arguing in good faith.  The Oval Office has swung -- twice in a row -- on extremely tight margins in a few key states.  Nothing has changed.

Confidence is poison. 

He is arguing in good faith, he just gets overly committed to certain positions and overly invested in certain beliefs. He doesn't want to consider another Trump term as possible (understandably) and he sees some evidence supporting an argument that a Trump loss is likely, and he takes that too far. 

We've all got our coping mechanisms for grappling with the inherent chaos and uncertainty of the world. I'm not sure mine (booze and anxiety, mostly) is any healthier than his. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

We've all got our coping mechanisms for grappling with the inherent chaos and uncertainty of the world. I'm not sure mine (booze and anxiety, mostly) is any healthier than his. 

I'm here to tell you, booze really helps with anxiety.  (Not.)

Yeah, trump is at least too incompetent to pull off most of his fascist agenda, the next person up is far more likely to pull it off. Texas has done a pretty damn good job of implementing a heavy dose of theocracy, Pence could probably have pull off quite a bit of it himself if he were president and had both chambers (SCOTUS is already packed and ready to rubberstamp Christian nationalism). 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You're projecting.

At this point, all available verifiable evidence suggests Trump and the GOP are in for a big whooping ass kicking in November.

I'm not sure why you and others need to believe in your doom-n-gloom sex fantasies so desperately.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The Oval Office has swung -- twice in a row -- on extremely tight margins in a few key states.  Nothing has changed.

Your first sentence is correct.

Your second sentence is so blatantly wrong, it raises questions about your motivations.

I'm not arguing in bad faith. I'm not just describing my position, I'm pointing out data that supports it.

You, wildcat, and others have done NONE of this. Because there is no data to support your position.

So you and he accusing me of arguing in bad faith is just projecting.

The idea that Trump or MAGA or GQP is close to being "finished" or have no policies or agenda or legislative prowess is utterly laughable. Hell, it is unfolding right before our eyes!

MAGA-GQP-Trump has been building for 40 f*cking years. Since Reagan and the Bushes, especially W the idiot and the Tea Party. Trump will leave the scene, at some point, but the next GQP leader will be just as fascist (or worse), even as they seem reasonable. 

-- They have very clear policies, all well-known, which are 100% fascist and theocratic. Their stated goal is white Christian rule under the Bible, which "trumps" the Constitution. They own the Supreme Court and shot down Roe, women flee for their lives to exercise their reproductive rights, Abbott has a war machine and prison camp at the border with guns aimed at immigrants (brown people). The rights of LGBTQIA people are under assault. They are systematically undermining elections, voting rights, and secular education, while banning books, attacking science-doctors-educators. And this is all for starters.

It is the plan that keeps working across time: 

Target/terrorize others, celebrate violence, claim patriotism, undermine knowledge, champion a sacred text, anoint "great leader," attack "reality," sow chaos, seize power, impose violent rule, silence/marginalize any resistance, etc...

But, yeah, Trump and GQP and MAGA are "finished" and have no winning agenda. Only some well-off dudes in the burbs could believe that....

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

I think the real question here is whether any of the post-Dobbs elections are data points for a 2024 general election in which both candidates are unpopular and the winner is decided by the antidemocratic Electoral College where only a few states matter and Biden's support has dropped due to his mishandling of the genocide in Gaza.

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He is arguing in good faith, he just gets overly committed to certain positions and overly invested in certain beliefs.

Oh that's nonsense. I change my mind all the time. Constantly. To the point that I look wishy-washy as hell.

BUT YOU HAVE TO SHOW ME EVIDENCE. It has to be real, it has to make sense, and it has to also explain all other evidence in aware of; if it fails to take facts we're already aware of into account, then it doesn't work.

Also... a LOT can happen between now and November. But the trend right now is very, very bad for the GOP.