2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think these are guys we could lose:

BJ Allen
Casey Cain
Isaiah Neyor
Larry Turner-Gooden
X'Avion Brice
Charles Wright
Sawyer Goram-Welch
Payton Kirkland - Although he has a significant knee injury that will likely hold him out next year as well.
Juan Davis
Zac Swanson
Maybe another 2023/2022 OL that was in backup role not named Neto.

You forgot Malik Murphy but yeah. Completely fine with all those guys moving on too. 

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You forgot Malik Murphy but yeah. Completely fine with all those guys moving on too. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Neyor remain just to see what he can do. He looked great in the spring game last year before his injury, and will actually contest 50/50 balls. His hands are the size of Elko's tits 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

It's fine for us as fans of a team that is a "HAVE" (as opposed to a have not) to say screw you, Matt Rhule. But I think he's right in a more macro sense: the game is changing and we might not like where it ends up. I have my reservations even though I know the Longhorns will always have a place at the table. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's fine for us as fans of a team that is a "HAVE" (as opposed to a have not) to say screw you, Matt Rhule. But I think he's right in a more macro sense: the game is changing and we might not like where it ends up. I have my reservations even though I know the Longhorns will always have a place at the table. 

Don’t take a job at a square State Farm school. You should know your restrictions this day and age

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952cr6gmscbjjfhnykh2

It's an ex Penn State and Baylor coach whining at Nebraska. Enjoy the schadenfreude. 

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

$6-$7 million, no. I highly doubt that. No team has a single players making $6-$7, not only are there not one, there aren't multiple on any team. 

Maybe he meant 6-7 players making $1M plus and they wrote the quote incorrectly 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If you are giving to Texas One Fund for football, you are doing your part for what the PF has become. Without getting into details for hopefully obvious reasons, guaranteeing payouts to unproven backups who may never contribute except on extra points isn't a great strategy. It served its purpose, but it was a one year initiative. I'll argue that most college staffs have discovered that ensuring that all 85 players are getting NIL isn't the most productive outcome for roster management. 

Forgive me if this has been answered, but what percent goes to football if you(like me) contribute to the general fund?

4 hours ago, Babytime said:

Forgive me if this has been answered, but what percent goes to football if you(like me) contribute to the general fund?

Don’t contribute to the general fund. Contribute to football. People making jokes about sisters of the poor still don’t get that we’re perilously close to being fucked all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

$6-$7 million, no. I highly doubt that. No team has a single players making $6-$7, not only are there not one, there aren't multiple on any team. 

The 6-7M number I think he was talking full offer, like a HS kid being offered 1.5m/yr (6m total) to come play for X school. I fully believe those, while few do exist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Don’t contribute to the general fund. Contribute to football. People making jokes about sisters of the poor still don’t get that we’re perilously close to being fucked all the time. 

i happened to go to the donation portal after reading this to make sure it was going to football.. it actually was going to the general fund :( I swear I had put it for football but it wasn't set that way.. it's been over a year too 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i happened to go to the donation portal after reading this to make sure it was going to football.. it actually was going to the general fund :( I swear I had put it for football but it wasn't set that way.. it's been over a year too 

Women's soccer thanks you for your service

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He's only played 2 games this year so he would be a RS-Senior with a covid year to burn.

What was his injury this year?

EDIT:  NM, saw it was a foot injury.  Anything serious that would keep him out into spring?

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

11 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He might be referring to that kid that Tennessee signed last year. I know they paid him a shitload, like a mil or two per year, and I can't really figure out why. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Was very productive until this past season due to some injuries.

image.png.e8601c5a8c201c0b494e6262ccbbd154.png

Was an unranked recruit out of high school who had to spend a year at Fork Union Prep before he ended up at a good FCS James Madison program.  As a freshman led the team in catches, yards, and TDs and was named an FCS freshman All-American.  As a sophomore he had a monster season and was named an FCS All American.

Transferred to South Carolina in 2022 and led that team in catches, yards and TDs.

Last season had what was described as a 'lower body injury' over the summer and was unable to make it all the way through each of the first three games this season and was ruled out of the last 9 after having ankle surgery.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.