2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

12 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Sure, except that college football is played in the fall/early winter.   Once they make college football a late spring/summer sport then sure PNW with B10 travel to the midwest will be much more desirable. 

There are a few dozen games played in early winter (all warm weather bowl and playoff games), but hundreds of summer and very early fall games. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Early on I thought he was better than Quinn. Based on Quinn's improvement, I would call them more or less equal now. That dude's good. 

While he could improve his situation no doubt, there is value in being loyal too. Or he could just be an idoit.

Well, being an idoit is clearly something you have experience with, so you may be the best judge of whether Weigman is one.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Weigman being mentioned anywhere with Ewers is peak stupidity.  They both happen to play QB, I guess.

I actually really like Weigman as a QB prospect. Not sure it will work in Klein’s offense, though. I’m assuming  Will Howard will transfer to A&M? 

Edited by Newy25

54 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I actually really like Weigman as a QB prospect. Not sure it will work in Klein’s offense, though. I’m assuming  Will Howard will transfer to A&M? 

The Weigman hype has reached Jeff Traylor level nonsense when there's really no basis. I posted this before the Auburn game where he once again struggled against a decent defense before his injury. 

Weigman has struggled against almost every good D he's played and he has an injury history. I think aggy would actually upgrade with several options in the portal. 

Spoiler

Weigman might be good but these are the DFEI ranks against teams he's started against so far in his career. 

'22 Ole Miss: #53

'22 Auburn: #28 

'22 UMASS: #131

'22 LSU: #16

'23 New Mexico: #123

'23 Miami: #35

'23 ULM: #112

It's been a very mixed bag in the games against top 40 defenses. Weigman was terrible against Auburn last year. He was good against LSU but he wasn't asked to throw the ball much (only 155 passing yards). Against Miami this year he completed less than 60% of his passes, with 2 interceptions, and most the passing yards were in the 2nd half against a Miami D with a bunch of injuries. 

New Mexico, UMASS, and ULM are legitimately 3 of the worst defenses in the country and that's 3/7 starts so far for Weigman. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Weigman has started against 4 top 40 defenses per ESPN efficiency 

Auburn '22 and Auburn '23 (terrible in both starts)

Miami '23 (terrible first half and good 2nd half when Miami had a bunch of injuries/ were up multiple scores)

LSU '22 (Efficient but only 155 passing yards because aggy just ran the ball with Achane) 

The guy is all hype at this point. 

Dante Moore is apparently visiting Oregon too.  He was committed there before OC Kenny Dillingham left to become the head coach at ASU this season, when he flipped to UCLA and then Oregon screwed Aranda by flipping Novosad.  Will be interesting to see if they can give Moore a big enough NIL deal to sit behind Gabriel and develop for a year before taking over next year.  He's rumored to be interested in Michigan too.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Dante Moore is apparently visiting Oregon too.  He was committed there before OC Kenny Dillingham left to become the head coach at ASU this season, when he flipped to UCLA and then Oregon screwed Aranda by flipping Novosad.  Will be interesting to see if they can give Moore a big enough NIL deal to sit behind Gabriel and develop for a year before taking over next year.  He's rumored to be interested in Michigan too.

Apparently he had no offers coming out of high school.  I imagine he is going to take advantage of his visit opportunities now.  

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Who are you speaking of here?

Well considering the post he quoted was exclusively about Dante Moore with Moore being the antecedent for all three uses of a third person singular pronoun I'm going to guess Dante Moore.

Either that or GTJ1982 doesn't understand English. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Well considering the post he quoted was exclusively about Dante Moore with Moore being the antecedent for all three uses of a third person singular pronoun I'm going to guess Face Moore.

Either that or GTJ1982 doesn't understand English. 

That’s what it seems like. But that would mean he is saying that a 5 star qb had no offers coming out of high school. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Early on I thought he was better than Quinn. Based on Quinn's improvement, I would call them more or less equal now. That dude's good. 

While he could improve his situation no doubt, there is value in being loyal too. Or he could just be an idoit.

Found an old clip of Thetexashammer 

image.gif.b5b20559839fa222e7948bb3886ac5be.gif

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

Smart move for Gabriel 

Oregon gets to keep the train moving. Eventually they'll need to have qb that went to high school in the 2020's though 

Gabriel's worst games came in the cold with bad weather. I'm not sure Oregon and the Big Ten is the best move.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.