2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Incredible how the safety room could improve in 2024. If Deion is paying attention, good recruiting and portaling can flip a position group, but not an entire roster. 

Did you watch the safeties this year??  It definitely needs to improve before next year. 

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Incredible how the safety room could improve in 2024. If Deion is paying attention, good recruiting and portaling can flip a position group, but not an entire roster. 

Deion did what he had to do last season.

Holding onto dog shit wasn’t going to make Colorado better than replacing the entire roster.

You can’t do a full flip every year, but Colorado was pure trash.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Deion did what he had to do last season.

Holding onto dog shit wasn’t going to make Colorado better than replacing the entire roster.

You can’t do a full flip every year, but Colorado was pure trash.

What gets me is the number of guys he has brought in himself who have already left. I get cleaning house from the previous coach, but your guys are leaving this quickly. That can’t be a good sign. 

14 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I’ve been struggling to keep up this week so I may have missed it, but what is “Orange House?”  Is this Nahlin thinking he’s being clever and trying to make fetch happen?

That goes back to the days of the GoBig12 boards.  Not from Nahlin, of course--he had/has nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I’ve been struggling to keep up this week so I may have missed it, but what is “Orange House?”  Is this Nahlin thinking he’s being clever and trying to make fetch happen?

Back in the GoBig12 days an insider named “sure” would come on every now and then during a a recruitment with a lot of drama around and write something like the following:

Aurmon Satchell lives in an orange house. free.

And that would be that. He’d send the board into a tizzy and not return. 

This carried on to Hornfans. The poster’s other handle was “sua sponte “. Not sure if he’s still around or alive but it was fun. 

Of course, Nahlin can’t even get that shit right because he’s now doing what he started out doing with his readers, because that is all he has without guys doing the work and having the connections - actively lying. The made up take on Golden is … golden.  There will be plenty more of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

Should probably take this to the 2024 thread but it's full of people bitching about chain restaurants at the moment. 

It seemed like he was scheduled for an official, then the official got canceled or rescheduled, and there was speculation that it was because A&M threw a shitfit when they found out he was visiting. Or maybe paid him not to visit. Or some other shenanigans. I can't remember and I can't be bothered to go through the 2024 thread again. But if he wants to visit and he wants to avoid catching flack from the Aggies, secret visit seems like the way to go. 

I'm not bitching about chain restauarants. I'm stating the absolute truth about one chain restaurant in particular, to be specific. Although anything owned by Tillman Fertita can get fucked and stay fucked. 

14 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

In the things I Thought I’d Never Type category, his aggy wife could’ve done better.

@Scholz right now:
Side-eye-monkey GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

13 hours ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

Completely unrelated and coincidental tangent: I wonder how low you have to be to steal from a charity?

Well, from a gravitational pull perspective, it's not really possible for anything to get closer to the ground/earth's core than Geoff Ketchum. Like literally nothing can get in between the earth and his flesh rolls, it would be like the Oceangate on dry land. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Did Texas pass on Burks and now possibly Juice? Sark likes to take big swings. Thank goodness. I think he’s waiting out Ryan Williams + spring portal szn. 

A guy whose freshman season should be his senior year in high school shouldn't be a factor in who Texas takes in the portal 

IMO, assuming he's a top of the line NIL purchase, I'm not sure the ROI is there for him either given how young he'll be for his class 

13 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

He did a long form column about how it sucks Sark’s “no portal guy can play in the bowl” policy is fucking over Maalik. It wasn’t a good look for Sarkisian.

What he didn’t know is Sark relaxed this policy this year (announced what, two weeks ago?) personally told Maalik he was welcome to stay, and it was Maalik who decided it was best for his future to begin the process sooner than later.

ESPN’s Thamel literally had that acknowledgment in his initial reporting. 

In the original article, Ari blames modern day football on denying Maalik a place on the team in the playoffs, but made it clear Sarkisian’s policy was at play, too. 

Except it wasn’t. Many readers responded with the truth… that Thamel had yesterday… and Wasserman started distributing apologies like Jason Fucking Kidd. Problem is, he didn’t just trash the article, he slightly rewrote it, but it’s a mess, and still isn’t a great reflection on Sarkisian. 

I'd have gone with "Like Jason Kidd passing out backhands to his wife" but this was still a pretty great effort. 

13 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Wasserman is an idiot. He was one of the guys insisting last spring that one of QE and Arch would transfer before this season. Completely oblivious.

Don't mistake obliviousness with malicousness. 

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ari is dumber than Pate, but more likable. His gambling reaction takes are pretty damned funny. The Athletic should pay him to talk, not write.

There. I said something nice about him. 

Another hawt take. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, PTINS said:

I don't pay for f*ckin shit, other than Burnt Ends ... but I've read a lot of f*ckin words about a lot of f*ckin kids going to a lot of f*ckin places to F*ck around, and best I can tell, nobody went any f*ckin where to do any f*ckin thing and didn't find out f*ckin shit.

So where does that leave us? F*cked!!!

Dude, what the fuck?

You were better off typing fudgin and Fudged.

7 hours ago, PTINS said:

I don't pay for f*ckin shit, other than Burnt Ends ... but I've read a lot of f*ckin words about a lot of f*ckin kids going to a lot of f*ckin places to F*ck around, and best I can tell, nobody went any f*ckin where to do any f*ckin thing and didn't find out f*ckin shit.

So where does that leave us? F*cked!!!

You should pay for OneFund, stop being cheap. 

49 minutes ago, Fud said:

A guy whose freshman season should be his senior year in high school shouldn't be a factor in who Texas takes in the portal 

IMO, assuming he's a top of the line NIL purchase, I'm not sure the ROI is there for him either given how young he'll be for his class 

The thing about Ryan Williams is he's gonna be the best receiver from day 1 on just about every team that's recruiting him including us.  He's better than anyone that's currently in the portal.  If Sark wants to bring in 2 new starters for next year, you can safely count on him as 1 of them if he ends up flipping.  He might be content to take Golden now and wait on Williams and then bring in someone during the Spring portal period if Williams doesn't flip.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Back in the GoBig12 days an insider named “sure” would come on every now and then during a a recruitment with a lot of drama around and write something like the following:

Aurmon Satchell lives in an orange house. free.

And that would be that. He’d send the board into a tizzy and not return. 

This carried on to Hornfans. The poster’s other handle was “sua sponte “. Not sure if he’s still around or alive but it was fun. 

Of course, Nahlin can’t even get that shit right because he’s now doing what he started out doing with his readers, because that is all he has without guys doing the work and having the connections - actively lying. The made up take on Golden is … golden.  There will be plenty more of it. 

So it's basically another shit meme that IT can't let die?

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The thing about Ryan Williams is he's gonna be the best receiver from day 1 on just about every team that's recruiting him including us.  He's better than anyone that's currently in the portal.

I'm fading this

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Fud said:

He didn't say he was on a visit 

No. It was implied. They had pinned Gerry’s thread about the scheduled visit. 

Nahlin has been at this job for a long time and knows how to cover his ass. What was the point of the ‘update’ otherwise?  If he knew the visit wasn’t happening why not report that the time of the ‘update’?

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

No. It was implied. They had pinned Gerry’s thread about the scheduled visit. 

Nahlin has been at this job for a long time and knows how to cover his ass. What was the point of the ‘update’ otherwise?  If he knew the visit wasn’t happening why not report that the time of the ‘update’?

There's enough reasons to bitch about the "$9.99ers" who you guys don't like without creating reasons to do so. He didn't report that he was on a visit. He reported that things are trending well with him. The implication should be "he'll eventually commit, but he's not currently on commit watch, so no need to refresh every five minutes"

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Sometimes recruits are just that good.  Banks was the best linemen on our roster from Day 1 and that's a position where age and strength are normally huge factors in effectiveness.

Was Banks the best lineman on our roster entering his senior year of high school? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fud said:

There's enough reasons to bitch about the "$9.99ers" who you guys don't like without creating reasons to do so. He didn't report that he was on a visit. He reported that things are trending well with him. The implication should be "he'll eventually commit, but he's not currently on commit watch, so no need to refresh every five minutes"

Bro, IDK what you're blabbering about. He implied the fuck out of it that Golden was on campus. 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Was Banks the best lineman on our roster entering his senior year of high school? 

At that time it wouldn't have been crazy because our line was real shitty.  We are also losing our 3 best receivers, so it's not like it's a jaw dropping idea that a once in a generation type recruit would be better than everyone else we have.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3

I said the teams recruiting him.  I was mainly thinking about us and Alabama.  My main point is that he's good enough where Sark can pencil him in as a starter right off the bat which means you have to take him in to account when considering portal receivers.

Edited by kevwun

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, Banks was the best lineman on our shitty roster. But was Banks the best lineman on ANY roster in America? The answer is now. Was he even in the top 10%? Probably not. The initial poster said this kid would be the best WR on almost any roster in America the second he steps foot on campus. And I think this kid is the best WR prospect in the past decade. But I'd still probably take the field if it's him versus top 10% of Junior and Senior 1st round level WRs about to head into the NFL, becuase age and development also matter. 

If Bijan was so good, why did he play so sparingly as a freshman?

/Ducks. 

IMG_8005.gif.df544aee4eb5bca817cf23550db7e614.gif

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah, Banks was the best lineman on our shitty roster. But was Banks the best lineman on ANY roster in America? The answer is no. Was he even in the top 10%? Probably not. The initial poster said this kid would be the best WR on almost any roster in America the second he steps foot on campus. And I think this kid is the best WR prospect in the past decade. But I'd still probably take the field if it's him versus top 10% of Junior and Senior 1st round level WRs about to head into the NFL, becuase age and development also matter. 

If Bijan was so good, why did he play so sparingly as a freshman?

/Ducks. 

I think Williams is an extreme longshot to be anywhere other than Bama, but if I am playing along and say we actually landed him, it would create a very interesting Johntay Cook problem. Is the answer simply to move Johntay to the other side? Perhaps, but he would be on portal watch.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.