2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

What the fuck does that even mean? 

Rumor was that when he entered the portal he was too dumb to realize he'd be ineligible academically at any place he'd wanna go so he had to take the backup spot at OM so this is all very on brand

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Rumor was that when he entered the portal he was too dumb to realize he'd be ineligible academically at any place he'd wanna go so he had to take the backup spot at OM so this is all very on brand

Another shining example of the Tom Herman qb eval. 

Prediction: Raiola and Christian Hackenberg will have very similar college careers

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Whoops

What a moron for listening to Joey freshwater about anything regarding good advice, he should have stayed with gundy. I really hope kiffin gets ole miss playing well then it all goes to shit and he ends up being fired in a spectacle. He’s a piece of shit and his only only value is fucking with aggy on a regular basis. 

• Hook 'Em 2

QB of the future. 
The interesting part of it is, what does this mean for Austin Novosad?
Even more interesting is, he was actually committed to those guys as a HS recruit before UCLA snagged him late.
I hope this doesn't mean the Fightin' Elks stumblefuck into getting Novosad now.

10 hours ago, Getafix said:

Holy smokes ... this is hilarious 😂  😂  😂 

I remember back on January One 1999 I went to the Cotton Bowl cuzz my Lord and Saver was a actin as the Missippy State head coach.I drunk up about eight measures a vodka fore kickoff and I was a swangin cowbells with my Missippy brethren like they was lamb carcasses on the hook after another meat judgin vicktree.

Come hafftime I done added bout seven pints a Cotton Bowl keg beer to my bladder an I was swole up like a pregnant cow dog, soes I went a looking fer the john. Seein how the piss line extended ten tractor langths out the door I kept a walkin and turnt a corner facing some closed elevador doors. I took a chance an whipped 'er out right there and then. I wanna take this moment to thank God, Jackie Sherrill, and Bucky Richardson that I was able to finish without them doors openin. I dont thank I coulda survived a Dallas Cop billy clubbin in my grain n barley soaked state.

Come the fourth qwarter this longhorn fella behind me kept yellin, "Hey Sherrill, I hear John Wayne Gasey used to dress up like a clown too!"
I wanted to confront this fella, but I dident fill like gettin my *** whooped, and besides I done added bout eight more pints a beer to my belly since the haff and my brain was swimmin somewheres tween the Skilla and the Caribs. My innerds was a bubblin up sumpin fierce soes I went a stumblin twords the john a figgerin to upheave.

This is where I might get a little sentamental. You see, all this talk about renavatin the Cotton Bowl makes me sad. Cuzz that mornin as I stumbled threw the bathroom stall and the rust spat from its tired hinges, I fell to the tiled floor where the grit has turned green with age and bad aim; desperately I gripped the base of that cherished old potty, lurched my flushed face over the discolored edge of the worn creaky seat, and emancipated the new year's contents of my soul into that cracked porcalin relic. At that moment, I knew without a shadow of a doubt, that the kin folk of Kyle Rote and Doak Walker once sat n shat upon that same sacred tank. ----- ... give me a moment to wipe the tears from my eyes... ----- Folks, I hope you understand why the Cotton Bowl can never be renavated. Theys just too much histry in that house.

The Cotton Bowl's an ALLSOME
 place, Amen

- Spider Ag

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas/92016

Can someone please provide the projected 2024 DT depth chart and any likely portal transfers at the position?  I am worried about entering the SEC weak on the interior with Sweat, Murphy, Collins, and Carter leaving and no 4-star recruits in 2023 and 1 low 4-star in 2022 recruiting classes and no apparent targets in portal. We should be throwing all the NIL $ at Walter Nolan!

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 32
  • Prepare your anus 1

17 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

Can someone please provide the projected 2024 DT depth chart and any likely portal transfers at the position?  I am worried about entering the SEC weak on the interior with Sweat, Murphy, Collins, and Carter leaving and no 4-star recruits in 2023 and 1 low 4-star in 2022 recruiting classes and no apparent targets in portal. We should be throwing all the NIL $ at Walter Nolan!

i'm going to ignore the last line above.

this is a much better link to use, from one of our own

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1682239859

image.png.5b07ad2b5829878df67c73b942465031.png

you do realize what Murphy and Sweat were star wise, right?

Texas is going to do something at DT in the portal i'm sure - also there is a non zero chance Texas ends up bringing back Collins or Carter at this point (unlikely but a chance)

the portal doesn't close for 2 full weeks. texas is preparing for a CFP game.

if you don't think Bo Davis, of every coach on this staff, has deserved a bit more of your faith then idk what to tell you. Texas will figure out DT/NT. there are still Portal dudes out there like Moore and Caldwell and a bunch more folks who will end up going into the portal after their bowl games.

here is the list of top 10 DL in portal as of 12/19. let's re-visit in 2 weeks:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1f7099f0e22549ec299b11554e6bf505.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, UT Lax said:

Over It Reaction GIF

Jaray Bledsoe and Sydir Mitchell have gotten great reports and can fill the roles left by Murphy and Sweat respectively. Vernon Broughton has looked light years better this season and will still be around. That's also a testament to the job coach Bo is doing in developing guys, which means there may be some solid pieces we don't know about yet. Aaron Bryant may be a pleasant surprise. 

It's also possible that some of the guys you listed will come back. Sweat is gone, but there has been talk about money-whipping Murphy into staying. Collins has indicated he wants to leave, which is stupid, but whatever. I'm not sure the light was ever going to turn on for him. Trill Carter walked on senior day, but otherwise there is no indication that he's decided to leave. He won't get a high draft grade and seems more likely to go UDFA, which means the staff can probably convince him to stay if they think he's worth the $$$. 

Finally, most of the 2024 DL are early enrollees. That doesn't mean they'll be ready to start next season, but a few may be ready to contribute. 

The DL room will be thinner, and we may not have a star like Sweat, but it won't be in bad shape either. 

Edited by Park Gothic
I'd rather light a candle than curse your darnkess
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, NoName said:

i'm going to ignore the last line above.

this is a much better link to use, from one of our own

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1682239859

image.png.5b07ad2b5829878df67c73b942465031.png

you do realize what Murphy and Sweat were star wise, right?

Texas is going to do something at DT in the portal i'm sure - also there is a non zero chance Texas ends up bringing back Collins or Carter at this point (unlikely but a chance)

the portal doesn't close for 2 full weeks. texas is preparing for a CFP game.

if you don't think Bo Davis, of every coach on this staff, has deserved a bit more of your faith then idk what to tell you. Texas will figure out DT/NT. there are still Portal dudes out there like Moore and Caldwell and a bunch more folks who will end up going into the portal after their bowl games.

here is the list of top 10 DL in portal as of 12/19. let's re-visit in 2 weeks:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.1f7099f0e22549ec299b11554e6bf505.png

If Collins and Carter leave (for the NFL) they are fools.

Edited by mwaadeeb

59 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

We really need an "Oh no, the SEC" gif. That text on the Jessica Walter eye roll gif from Modern Family above.

200.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh good, another clown with no posting history showing up to piss his or her pants about DT recruiting and the mean ole' SEC, all the while asking other posters to do a bunch of work so he can then ignore it and go back to pissing his fucking pants about the SEC. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.