2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

9 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I remember back on January One 1999 I went to the Cotton Bowl cuzz my Lord and Saver was a actin as the Missippy State head coach.I drunk up about eight measures a vodka fore kickoff and I was a swangin cowbells with my Missippy brethren like they was lamb carcasses on the hook after another meat judgin vicktree.

Come hafftime I done added bout seven pints a Cotton Bowl keg beer to my bladder an I was swole up like a pregnant cow dog, soes I went a looking fer the john. Seein how the piss line extended ten tractor langths out the door I kept a walkin and turnt a corner facing some closed elevador doors. I took a chance an whipped 'er out right there and then. I wanna take this moment to thank God, Jackie Sherrill, and Bucky Richardson that I was able to finish without them doors openin. I dont thank I coulda survived a Dallas Cop billy clubbin in my grain n barley soaked state.

Come the fourth qwarter this longhorn fella behind me kept yellin, "Hey Sherrill, I hear John Wayne Gasey used to dress up like a clown too!"
I wanted to confront this fella, but I dident fill like gettin my *** whooped, and besides I done added bout eight more pints a beer to my belly since the haff and my brain was swimmin somewheres tween the Skilla and the Caribs. My innerds was a bubblin up sumpin fierce soes I went a stumblin twords the john a figgerin to upheave.

This is where I might get a little sentamental. You see, all this talk about renavatin the Cotton Bowl makes me sad. Cuzz that mornin as I stumbled threw the bathroom stall and the rust spat from its tired hinges, I fell to the tiled floor where the grit has turned green with age and bad aim; desperately I gripped the base of that cherished old potty, lurched my flushed face over the discolored edge of the worn creaky seat, and emancipated the new year's contents of my soul into that cracked porcalin relic. At that moment, I knew without a shadow of a doubt, that the kin folk of Kyle Rote and Doak Walker once sat n shat upon that same sacred tank. ----- ... give me a moment to wipe the tears from my eyes... ----- Folks, I hope you understand why the Cotton Bowl can never be renavated. Theys just too much histry in that house.

The Cotton Bowl's an ALLSOME
 place, Amen

- Spider Ag

shocked r kelly GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Gucci_Suit said:

Evan Stewart is no Adonai Mitchell. Not close. Evan is a joke and he belongs at Ole Miss or Colorado or some shit.  Very talented and very much a clown in my opinion. He needs a circus program. 

I think he’s an awesome talent and a really high ceiling (and low floor) guy. He’s in a contract year. If he wanted to come to Texas and had his head straight, and we were fine with telling him to fuck off if he didn’t, it would be a great take imo. But, he wants what- mid 6 figures? No way to that. 
if he had a brain he’d go where he was going to get developed and have a huge year as he’s a rehab project headcase right now. I’m sure he will step over tens of millions of dollars in future earnings to pick up relative dimes right now. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

Evan seems high maintenance, but is that it? 

Sark has made a big deal out of building culture at Texas. Up until this season it was not clear whether that was coach speak or real talk. Pretty clearly, after this season, it's very real. Stuff like letting Jonathan Brooks take a snap in the Big 12 Championship is indicative of a strong culture. The team's fight-to-the-end mentality is indicative of strong culture.

Texas is now in a position where they have NIL money, and an attractive program for WR portal candidates, such that they can be selective. We want Adonai Mitchells, not Agiye Halls. So Sark is not going to take a WR that fucks up that culture. Is Stewart talented? Heck yes. Will he be a good culture fit? Us plebes on the interwebs can't answer that. 

Edited by SimkinsMan
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think he’s an awesome talent and a really high ceiling (and low floor) guy. He’s in a contract year. If he wanted to come to Texas and had his head straight, and we were fine with telling him to fuck off if he didn’t, it would be a great take imo. But, he wants what- mid 6 figures? No way to that. 
if he had a brain he’d go where he was going to get developed and have a huge year as he’s a rehab project headcase right now. I’m sure he will step over tens of millions of dollars in future earnings to pick up relative dimes right now. 

The problem with taking him is that if you do have to tell him to fuck off during fall camp you don’t have any time to find a replacement, and I think we need 2 portal receivers if all of our current ones go pro as expected.   I’m good with Wingo/Cook/Golden as the top 3, but if somebody misses a month with a high ankle sprain we’re pretty thin on guys who have actually played college football.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yes, exactly That last sentence is my read on this. I feel like he’s going to chase dimes. 

Worthy was just talking about how they all get paid but the focus is no longer on that, but it’s about playing for each other. And that’s X saying that. I feel like Evan would fuck that up.

On the other hand, I had a bunch of buddies and acquaintances texting me to donate to a fund to go get Devin Harris last year (which I declined), so I know we like to spend just to fuck aggy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

The problem with taking him is that if you do have to tell him to fuck off during fall camp you don’t have any time to find a replacement, and I think we need 2 portal receivers if all of our current ones go pro as expected.   I’m good with Wingo/Cook/Golden as the top 3, but if somebody misses a month with a high ankle sprain we’re pretty thin on guys who have actually played college football.

As good as Wingo is, you can't really expect him to come in and be the guy from day one. Sarkisian's offense is pretty complex for the receivers. I still think we should grab an upper class guy, but no idea who at this point unless they are going to take the flyer on Stewart. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Other than him not traveling to LSU, are there more stories of him being a cancer at a&m? I don't remember many/any but I don't keep up with everything. I know he hurt our feelings in his recruitment and when he didn't enter the portal last year, but, depending on what he's asking for, I don't see why we shouldn't at least kick the tires & see if we can't make it work.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.