2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

26 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Can we please not have a LaJohntay and Johntay on the same team at the same position? I get a headache just thinking about announcers / media stumbling over that shit all season. Or likewise making the same corny ass comments about it every single weekend as if their crew was the first to notice. 

Have you heard that their fathers were roommates?

3 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Can we please not have a LaJohntay and Johntay on the same team at the same position? I get a headache just thinking about announcers / media stumbling over that shit all season. Or likewise making the same corny ass comments about it every single weekend as if their crew was the first to notice. 

one is Johntay and one is THE Johntay (translated from the Spanish)...doesn't seem that confusing, my man

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Everyone of you fucking idiots participating in the uniform discussion on this thread should be banned. It is nauseating when it inevitably pops up weekly on the football board, and there is absolutely no value in having it here as well. 

You must be mistaken. There is no uniformity to our discussions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby says these are names of potential tight ends we're interested in:

Holden Staes(ND > Tennessee) - Was told he'd be priority once JT makes decision, unsure if we circled back yet.
Ben Yurosek(Stanford > Uncommitted)
Justin Jolly(UCONN > NC State)

The Stanford TE would be a solid get. Season was cut short this to just 6 games but he was a weapon in 2022 and 2021.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

SIAP not surprised we're losing Charles. He just graduated with his Bachelor's and can now go work on a Master's somewhere. He definitely plays school like Hudson Card. Helluva team player, but he knows he's never gonna start here. He has 2 years of eligibility left I think. I like the kid. I'll miss him. 

He may be leaving but I'm pretty sure he'll be loyal forever.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bolden reminds me a lot of the TCU kid Turpin with the Cowboys. Could be a highly specialized guy, doing some Keilan things (Robinson’s value wasn’t at traditional RB) plus punt return, but not sure we would have room for another receiver if we land Liberty Biberty or another full-sized player 😛. Probably depends on DeCamilas/Banks persuasive skills.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.44532b265b1af9eb570c1c1817e0faa9.png

Bolden was Oregon State's leading receiver. 

He also had 9 carries for 82 yards and 2 touchdowns. 

Seems really good in return game:

image.png.f8326e879624fb2fd081aef6ff2f4a79.png

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Bolden reminds me a lot of the TCU kid Turpin with the Cowboys. Could be a highly specialized guy, doing some Keilan things (Robinson’s value wasn’t at traditional RB) plus punt return, but not sure we would have room for another receiver if we land Liberty Biberty or another full-sized player 😛. Probably depends on DeCamilas/Banks persuasive skills.

With AD now reported to be leaving, I'm down for taking a myriad set of productive WR transfers. Bolden would give Sark something he no longer has on the roster with K. Rob and Worthy gone.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.