2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Sheesh man, we're about to have one of the most talented rosters in football and you've found a way to complain about all of it this week.

It’s the offseason someone has to be Debbie downer…. There’s not many weaknesses on the roster, have to point out the few we have.  lol 

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We added two of the best HS running backs in the country. RB is not a weakness. 

Was talking about the current roster which has a holding onto the ball and not breaking tackles issue….  Definitely might change for those guys next year but that’s a current issue with them.  It can’t be all sunshine and rainbows, this isn’t aggy offseason.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Isn’t the rumor Georgia or Ohio State was offering a ton of NIL supposedly to get this kid. 

Ryan Day needs to beat UM so bad. You can tell the BMDs are antsy and going to throw money until they get a win. 

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Sheesh man, we're about to have one of the most talented rosters in football and you've found a way to complain about all of it this week.

Is there a website or metric I can google to see how the different rosters are ranked? Thanks.

20 hours ago, Yesh said:

by average player rating we are #2 with more players than #1

no one has a higher differential of player rating in vs. rating out

on the other hand “garbage in, garbage out”

Transfers In21Avg. P.75.33
Transfers Out21Avg. P.75.67
5-STARS
0/1
4-STARS
3/2
3-STARS
18/18
ADJUSTED NIL VALUE

19 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Pussy

18 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Did Kinne leave? The portal is closed, or does he plan to enter the spring portal and decided to get his name out there as quickly as possible?

I thought the portal was closed. So he is skipping spring?

18 hours ago, mannewers said:

On3 had that Jayden de Laura committed to TXST yesterday. Maybe that rubbed Finley the wrong way?

It did. He’s a pussy. Doesn’t not want to compete for starting job.

BMDs set up him and Mahdi and he quit. Pussy.

Edited by 4th and 5
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

How many fumbles did Baxter have this past season? I think Blue had two. Using recency bias to base your entire evaluation on position is idiocy. 

Also, on the breaking tackles issue, there’s a speed-of-the-game thing that many young players struggle with, in various ways. At TB, it’s usually pass blocking and yards after contact. If your view is that one of the best freshmen tbs in the country and one of the fastest, most inexperienced tbs in the country, won’t get notably better in that regard next year, we’ve noted it. Let’s see how it works out. 

The word has been that Ohio State is sparing no expense on this one. 

Yea I get it, they definitely will get better.  Baxter had a game where he had 18 carries and 1 yard of YAC and most games had the same results.   He definitely improved the last couple games though.  Idk about all fumbles but he had one in the playoff game.  

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m surprised Texas took 3 receivers instead of 2. There’s a fair amount of young WR talent on the roster. I wonder whether they think one or two of those guys aren’t going to pan out. 

I think it's what someone said earlier....they're going all in with Quinn this year on offense. Bolden can also line up in the back field and would be huge in the punt or kick return game.

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m surprised Texas took 3 receivers instead of 2. There’s a fair amount of young WR talent on the roster. I wonder whether they think one or two of those guys aren’t going to pan out. 

WR is the one position where running off young talent should never be a concern.  With a Sark-led offense, we will have experienced options available every single year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Receivers want to play in Sark's Offense. I'm not worried about hurting young WRs feelings. Want to play, be good. Worked for Worthy. Get the best guys you can get. Let their play dictate who sees the field.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Professor Chesney said:

Caleb Downs had some quote in his recruitment about how he can’t imagine leaving the south and there are only two coaches he ever considered playing for: Nick Saban and Kirby Smart.

With a kiss of death like that I’d be shocked if he didn’t end up at Ohio State.

Apparently Ohio State will try and be a big player there as well.

19 hours ago, pacman said:

A billion dollar industry is terrible at picking and developing its most important position. They have that luxury being an isolated league with no competition.

It's almost like finding good QBs is hard or something.

33 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I remember Sark earlier this year using some probable coachspeak cliche about when building a program it goes from "you lose big, then you lose close, then you win close, then you win big". I think it was in response to our close call victories in the middle/later part of season. 

We finally pistol whipped Tech and Okie State, which made us all feel much better about the direction of the program. 

I've said it the last couple of years, but the mentality on offense should be to score 50 points every game. We need to blow out the easier opponents and get our backup offensive skill players more touches moving forward. With the young depth at RB and WR, I'd love to see more players in the rotation. 

I believe it was originally a Bobby Bowden quote, but still very pertinent at Texas. 

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I see it as Sark not leaving anything to chance or "development hope" for next year, especially at WR. 

Texas has one of the best QBs, O Lines, and RB depth of any team in the country next year. Don't ruin this opportunity with unknowns at wide receiver.

Now fix DT.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

Was talking about the current roster which has a holding onto the ball and not breaking tackles issue….  Definitely might change for those guys next year but that’s a current issue with them.  It can’t be all sunshine and rainbows, this isn’t aggy offseason.  

We had two fumbles in the CFP which effectively ended our season. But before that, did our RB's have a fumble problem?  That issue wasn't on my radar. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but is Blackshire being brought in mainly for special teams? Only 25 tackles in 3 years at Bama so doesn't seem likely to play a ton of LB

Upthread it was mentioned hes special teams + run stopper. 3rd and short situations.

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

I really need to get around to watching Oppenheimer...

It's incredible. I don't watch may movies these days but I've watched that one 4 times. I cant recommend it enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but is Blackshire being brought in mainly for special teams? Only 25 tackles in 3 years at Bama so doesn't seem likely to play a ton of LB

To be fair, the guy who started over him was a career backup at Georgia before transferring to Bama.  Might just be a case of a guy who's talented but buried due to surrounding talent.

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

To be fair, the guy who started over him was a career backup at Georgia before transferring to Bama.  Might just be a case of a guy who's talented but buried due to surrounding talent.

The guy just isn’t very good. He was overrated coming out of high school and it was a head scratcher to me when Saban took him. I expect him to be helpful on special teams and for us to be in trouble if he’s playing a lot at LB. 

13 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

I hope Sark can come up some sick ass plays to involve all these playmakers. Need a Holgorsen type dude to dial up some exotic plays. Empty set, line up Arch wide, pitch to a Wideout, but don’t run the end around, stop throw to Arch then Manning launches a double pass to a wide open Bond for a 75 yd touchdown. 1st play of the Michigan game.

Let’s run the last second lateral play every play. That way everyone gets like 90 touches per game. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

The guy just isn’t very good. He was overrated coming out of high school and it was a head scratcher to me when Saban took him. I expect him to be helpful on special teams and for us to be in trouble if he’s playing a lot at LB. 

Why was he of interest to us? There were better LBs in the portal and obviously, the scholarship offer didn't come from our LB coach.

12 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I learned in school that correlation does not equal causation. However, an argument can be made to the contrary for what happened after the '09 NC with respect to Texas and Alabama and the trajectory of each program. 

So while I try to learn and not hold on to grudges the older I get, this is one I remain petty on.

Fuck bama.

I just hope that beating them at their place and Saban leaving in the same year is the reverse curse we have been waiting for since 2009. Seems fair. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

I am concerned about precisely two positions right now, DT and TE.  And I am not all that concerned about them.  I suspect they will be addressed.

I'd still maybe add Safety to that list. I know Mukuba or Barron will join that group but that still only leaves Taafe, Williams, and one of those two. Pretty thin there and Taafe/Williams need to get better if we're relying on them (which is possible, but still)

Otherwise agree. Idk who is better at blocking which is crucial but I actually like Yurosek over Niblack in the short term. Yurosek missed games this year but had some monster production before that. An advantage with Niblack is that he has more eligibility left though.

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Can y'all at least click on profiles before you post this stuff? This is a random Texas fan making shit up

• Hook 'Em 6

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.