2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves

36 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This dude isn’t gonna sit the bench behind the Youngstown state and ODU guy. He wants to start 

That and who at aggy would throw to him?  Spring game didn't exactly inspire confidence in that offense.

6 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

seems to fit the profile Texas is looking for

Dude had 11 tackles and a pass breakup last season. Why would Texas be on this guy? He isn't starting over Mukuba or Williams.

IMO, any DB Texas takes henceforth will be a true CB.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

DBs with a pulse?

https://www.on3.com/teams/michigan-wolverines/news/michigan-cornerback-dj-waller-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal/

Says a back-up CB that was expected to compete for the #2 CB spot. Based on him entering the portal, it’s probably fair to say the competition did not go well for him 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, FreeHorn said:

At safety he has a feather in his cap. Recruited and developed a first rounder at Notre Dame. 

He had a couple high draft pick safeties at ATM too. Like 2nd/3rd round

16 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Dude had 11 tackles and a pass breakup last season. Why would Texas be on this guy? He isn't starting over Mukuba or Williams.

Michigan fans were surprised to see him leave.  He was competing for CB2 spot this spring and may now be heading to Kentucky to start.  6'3" CB with long arms sounds appealing to me.

19 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

1 minute ago, westexhorn said:

Michigan fans were surprised to see him leave.  He was competing for CB2 spot this spring and may now be heading to Kentucky to start.  6'3" CB with long arms sounds appealing to me.

He’s young, but the kid can play. As a Michigan fan, it sucks to see him go. Would definitely like it if Texas was in the mix here.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

I was told this only happens at UT and was a sign our position room is heading for disaster

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

He’s young, but the kid can play. As a Michigan fan, it sucks to see him go. Would definitely like it if Texas was in the mix here.

I'm not doubting you but curious what you are basing this on? He was a low tier recruit that barely got into a handful of games after they became blowouts. Was he getting a lot of praise from Michigan insiders and practice reports or something? 

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Looks like one option may not end in favor of the Ags.

- it seemed to be down to A&M and Auburn, for KeAndre Lambert-Smith, the Penn State WR, who was the top WR available in the portal

Some time ago ... 

image.thumb.png.566ef65bdb8b50c256857d157a45f2ca.png

The Ags are still after Sam Brown from Houston.

image.png.50c1b1cf02f53c3f6652d1ba9a8fc632.png

Frustrated World Cup GIF

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I'm not doubting you but curious what you are basing this on? He was a low tier recruit that barely got into a handful of games after they became blowouts. Was he getting a lot of praise from Michigan insiders and practice reports or something? 

From the coaches, mostly. He’s been talked up quite a bit as a playmaker in the defensive backfield, and we could sure as hell use that here. Most of the players the coaches have talked up during the last couple of years for Michigan have developed into very good players, and he’s been getting significant praise since he stepped on campus. Think him moving on might be because he’s needed at safety after Rod Moore went down with an ACL, and he wants to play corner. Losing him just fucks corner and safety IMO. Will Johnson has trouble staying healthy.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

That and who at aggy would throw to him?  Spring game didn't exactly inspire confidence in that offense.

While true, Auburn’s 2023 pass offense was far worse with no injury/Jimbo excuse. Guy left Penn St to join one of the few P4 programs with even less explosive passing attacks. Freeze is a wizard.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Connor stroh is 372?

Yeah, but he’s a giant and that isn’t viewed as a bad thing. 

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

You said 4-6 more in the portal.  Thoughts?  Linemen? Or wide receivers?

I said that before various other guys transferred. 1-2 more is my view. Mitchell is one. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, but he’s a giant and that isn’t viewed as a bad thing. 

I said that before various other guys transferred. 1-2 more is my view. Mitchell is one. 

That’s a shame. Lots of folks were high on Mitchell 

Posted (edited)

Stroh’s parents are awesome, all aggie but they knew Flood and Texas was the best path for Connor, so they’ve been really supportive. I hope he’s patient, develops his game and gets his shot.

Edited to clarify Stroh

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

No big deal. Ags are going with the power football ground pound slow game. 

I'm not a "coach" or nearly as wise as many on Surly, but I am of the belief that you need a good OL for the good old ground and pound. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

interesting, I thought he wasn't interested in Football anymore and wanted to focus on TnF?

Elko gave him the Milton treatment. 
spacer.png

Guess Foster noticed he wasn’t getting paid anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Daichee Bell said:

What is he, like 5'10"?

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 8.26.34 PM.png

Connor Stroh is 7 feet tall, kills men by the hundreds.  And, if he were lined up next to Cam Williams, they’d consume the agroids with fireballs from their eyes and bolts of lightning from their arse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 12:12 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

Demarco Cobbs comes to mind.

Did reading that name cause anyone else to simultaneously smile and picture Darius White flat on his punk ass back, staring at the ceiling, and missing a few teeth? And all of it being VERY well deserved?

Cobbs may not have done all that much on the field here but he'll always be a legend for that litttle "rumor" and I hope he lives 1,000 years.  

Edit: I'm afraid I must request, NAY, DEMAND, a Longhorn Legends short on that incident during the last few months of the LHN. It REALLY needs to happen. That and something on Texags' documentary on Brandon Jones and Tarp/Looch straight up arguing and rage pouting with Malik Jefferson after his commitment ceremony 🤣

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Jesus Blackshire...like 233 isn't big enough for a linebacker? 261?!

No wonder he was training 5 yds behind Blue on the TD.

I mean, not defending Blackshire, but blue is the fastest RB in the country. Everyone is going to be 5 yards behind him. 

plus it’s safe to assume that our safeties fucked that play up. 

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, not defending Blackshire, but blue is the fastest RB in the country. Everyone is going to be 5 yards behind him. 

plus it’s safe to assume that our safeties fucked that play up. 

That plus part is debatable - Blackshire was isolated on the running back and a safety trying to tackle Blue in the open field running at full speed is not a good position to be in. It was a well designed play against the wrong defense. But Taaffe did fuck up by failing miserably hoping for an overthrow instead of probably getting torched in the open field by Blue. The main thing that the safety could have done better is to be closer to Blue when he caught it so he could make the tackle or light him up.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bevo said:

That plus part is debatable - Blackshire was isolated on the running back and a safety trying to tackle Blue in the open field running at full speed is not a good position to be in. It was a well designed play against the wrong defense. But Taaffe did fuck up by failing miserably hoping for an overthrow instead of probably getting torched in the open field by Blue. The main thing that the safety could have done better is to be closer to Blue when he caught it so he could make the tackle or light him up.

It was a joke. But yes, a defender being in position to make the play is certainly preferable than being out of position. One night even call that Not Fucking Up A Play. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

It was Blackwell, not Blackshire who lost Blue in coverage on his TD. Blackshire mostly played with the third string in the spring game.

Blackshire is still a big boy though

Edited by Atticus

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It was Blackwell, not Blackshire who lost Blue in coverage on his TD. Blackshire mostly played with the third string in the spring game.

Blackshire is still a big boy though

Thanks I always get confused with those two. It's Blackshire who is related to the Duke of Wellington and Blackwell who is from the Shire, correct?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Sec to sec tho won’t he sit 

You would think. Are they too dumb to realize that? Or too full of their own feels to think that they’ll do it anyway and say “screw league rules, this is like a gentlemen’s agreement”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves