2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Perhaps he’s just a clean freak. My garage has gotten a bit out of hand, anyone have his number?

I’ve got just the right person for you. She’ll clean your garage and help you find your next job all in one day. Just look at these before and afters! 

Spoiler

IMG_5011.thumb.jpeg.a83dfe7c64d4289f5097eb1e3730dd53.jpeg

IMG_5008.thumb.jpeg.62e800836336e1df959938a88b3872fa.jpegIMG_5009.thumb.jpeg.ed9635ca1e32a357592bfb49e151804d.jpeg

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I’ve got just the right person for you. She’ll clean your garage and help you find your next job all in one day. Just look at these before and afters! 

Hide contents

IMG_5008.thumb.jpeg.62e800836336e1df959938a88b3872fa.jpegIMG_5009.thumb.jpeg.ed9635ca1e32a357592bfb49e151804d.jpeg

it doesn't get any better than that.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I think I'm more interested in portal CBs than DTs at this point. At least we have a lot of bodies at DT. We're thinner than a 90s supermodel at CB.

Against Alabama, our starting safeties were Catalon and Thompson. Our starting corners were Watts and Brooks. All are gone now. 

I think we could have had three, and maybe four, back, if we wanted them. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Sark was gushing about the DBs today at a speaking deal in Houston. 

I don't think Holmes is going to be a high draft pick or anything but I don't think it would be the end of the world if he ended up starting opposite Manny. I'd probably be more concerned that the primary backups are true freshmen. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Sark was gushing about the DBs today at a speaking deal in Houston. 

I don't think Holmes is going to be a high draft pick or anything but I don't think it would be the end of the world if he ended up starting opposite Manny. I'd probably be more concerned that the primary backups are true freshmen. 

Go rewatch Holmes allowing every single pass thrown his way against OU to be a completion last year. Or the exact same thing in any other game in which we faced a competent QB. He is trash. He hasn't improved this Spring either. As for the "Sark was praising him and the others!" bullshit I would point out Sark made similar comments about Catalon, Taafe, Thompson, and every other useless JAG we've had come through here in our secondary in recent years. It means nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, statsman said:

Against Alabama, our starting safeties were Catalon and Thompson. Our starting corners were Watts and Brooks. All are gone now. 

I think we could have had three, and maybe four, back, if we wanted them. 

If we start Mukuba and Derek Williams, I think that's an upgrade at both safety spots. Obviously the concerns at CB are warranted. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Viper said:

so is obese weight loss in general.

That is not true. If someone is trying to lose weight with a healthy diet and strength training regimen, muscle and bone density loss can be avoided. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If we start Mukuba and Derek Williams, I think that's an upgrade at both safety spots. Obviously the concerns at CB are warranted. 
I think if we get a consistent pass rush it will make whoever plays deep look much better. Trey Moore, Burke, Vasek or someone else causing a little havoc in the pocket will make even Taafe look good back there.

The good news is we don’t play a team that can punish our secondary until game 5 at the earliest. Hopefully that gives the young corners time to get up to speed. 

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The good news is we don’t play a team that can punish our secondary until game 5 at the earliest. Hopefully that gives the young corners time to get up to speed. 

Now you’ve done it, asshole. Prepare for the secondary to be lit up all four games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Now you’ve done it, asshole. Prepare for the secondary to be lit up all four games.

If Colorado St and La Monroe light up our secondary, we are truly fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

Who would be your pick? 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

OU.

Same.  Clearest path to significant playing time and Venables can coach defense.

That said, I think he'll be a day 1 or 2 pick regardless of where he ends up.  There are literally no bad choices for him (think I just threw up in my mouth a bit), but obviously rooting for Texas.

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Same.  Clearest path to significant playing time and Venables can coach defense.

That said, I think he'll be a day 1 or 2 pick regardless of where he ends up.  There are literally no bad choices for him (think I just threw up in my mouth a bit), but obviously rooting for Texas.

QUESTION:

Have you ever thrown up anywhere else besides your mouth?

21 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who is going to be UTSA's qb?  Nothing about the Michigan passing attack is scary.

37 year old Frank Harris has finally exhausted all of his eligibility and has taken up shuffleboard in Georgetown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Has the book been closed on the known portal departures? Is Sydir still on the Texas roster? Thank you in advance.

I players had until midnight last night, schools have 48-hours to announce.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who is going to be UTSA's qb?  Nothing about the Michigan passing attack is scary.

Guessing it's Josh McCown's son...  played at Colorado in 2022, UTSA in 2023.

Screenshot_2024-05-01-19-45-14_kindlephoto-3087394.png.cb4d9fe6f820366d2f4390c16fe2ae72.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

I hope he comes to Norman, but i just have a feeling that the handler will win out. Seems like he has always wanted him to go to LSU. I read he had some type of relationship with the coaches. There’s always an uncle! 

8 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Reveal hidden contents

How do you like your Smart Car?

-JK

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Guessing it's Josh McCown's son...  played at Colorado in 2022, UTSA in 2023.

Screenshot_2024-05-01-19-45-14_kindlephoto-3087394.png.cb4d9fe6f820366d2f4390c16fe2ae72.png

Christ, more McCowns? In the year 3000, when football is played by AI-controlled telekinetic energy beings on the burned-out husk of a dead Earth, there will still be one out there that answers to "McCown", floating around and being pretty mid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

OU.

Not to start a conspiracy or anything, but on the way to Moody yesterday we saw a camera guy and one of OUs weird ass horse mascots on campus right by the tower. I seem to recall schools releasing videos with a mascot on our campus in the past for certain recruiting wins. Might be nothing, might be something
  • Rage+1 2

14 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Go rewatch Holmes allowing every single pass thrown his way against OU to be a completion last year. Or the exact same thing in any other game in which we faced a competent QB. He is trash. He hasn't improved this Spring either. As for the "Sark was praising him and the others!" bullshit I would point out Sark made similar comments about Catalon, Taafe, Thompson, and every other useless JAG we've had come through here in our secondary in recent years. It means nothing. 

Sheesh... username definitely checks out. 

• Haha 3

Not to start a conspiracy or anything, but on the way to Moody yesterday we saw a camera guy and one of OUs weird ass horse mascots on campus right by the tower. I seem to recall schools releasing videos with a mascot on our campus in the past for certain recruiting wins. Might be nothing, might be something
BloU is doing an aggyish tour of all the SEC schools. I'm surprised it was just the horse, I saw a pic of the Schooner along with a few fat cheerleaders at LSU or somewhere.

2 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, YissBoy said:

BloU is doing an aggyish tour of all the SEC schools. I'm surprised it was just the horse, I saw a pic of the Schooner along with a few fat cheerleaders at LSU or somewhere.

Trying to outcringe the aggy video?

I hope we refrain from all such activities but I'm not holding my breath.

Thursday AM: Damonic Williams

Texas is one of four teams awaiting the decision of TCU defensive line transfer Damonic Williams. And that decision could come this afternoon. 

The latest from late Wednesday night

Texas did meet with the 6-1.5, 315 pound tackle yesterday evening.  

LSU didn't have a high level of confidence as of Wednesday night. 

OTF does not know if Oklahoma met with Williams late Wednesday night. 

Handicapping teams in order of confidence Wednesday night 

Texas

Oklahoma

LSU

Missouri 

And now we wait to see what Damonic Williams decides, which could come as early as today (early afternoon possible).

Gerry

• Hook 'Em 2

What they’re telling us is they know of no reason why Texas can’t win the recruitment. The NIL is there. The depth chart space is there. The academics are there. 

They’re not offering up their own good vibes though, and they usually do when they have a positive inkling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

TCU defensive tackle Damonic Williams is expected to make a decision today. No specific time has been given for an announcement, but we're hearing the decision could come as soon as noon. The ball is in Williams' court.

He is expected to decide between Texas, Oklahoma, LSU and Missouri, after visiting each of the schools in the last 12 days. Williams just completed his official visit to LSU yesterday.

Williams is a top priority for Horns' DL coach Kenny Baker.

It's hard to handicap this decision, although Gerry Hamilton did so in this morning's article and put Texas slightly ahead.

There have been times where Texas, Oklahoma and LSU were likely all ahead in the race for his signature. Who will come out on top at the very end is all that matters.

Cornerback Jay'vion Cole of San Jose State is set to visit Texas later today. The Oakland native made three INTs a year ago after transferring in from Cal Poly.

On Tuesday, Cole told CJ Vogel that he was also considering Auburn and perhaps Michigan State.

Gerry Hamilton is hearing that Texas is out of the running for Michigan State DL Simeon Barrow. Barrow is expected to choose either Miami or LSU.

My question now is: how many more players will Texas possibly go after in the portal?

The Horns are at 81 scholarships. Steve Sarkisian has at least four more to give.

If the Horns were able to add both Williams and Cole, that takes the number to 83.

Adding a punter is a possibility to make the total 84. So would Texas look at another DT, another DB, or perhaps another position where they want more experience?

Bobby

• Hook 'Em 5

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Old Guys Waxing Nostalgic About WW2