2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

33 minutes ago, NoName said:

who on this roster scares you?

image.thumb.png.b0382b15a39ea4114c27e5c587de8a91.png
image.thumb.png.fb9ccece274ecf5074cef27492ee1345.png

at this point, Texas bringing back this much talent and not tattooing that ass by 3 TDs next year in College Station is an unacceptable result.

Nobody scares me.  Nobody scared me on Iowa St. or TCU last year either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

If posting a screen shot is your way of asking if Gerry named names, he did not, which is smart on his part. The italicized section was all he wrote (the link is there for you to check out the comment yourself). The newsworthy part is GH saying one player is a “done deal.” I take that to mean an incoming transfer. 

You asked "Does this populate as a viewable post, or just a link?".

So, I gave you a screenshot of how it looks on my end.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

What in the fuck does Levon Helm or being born a pauper to a pawn have to do with the 2024 transfer portal? 

Levon Helm, Levon Moss - What's the difference? One beats drums. The other occasionally beats Abilene Christian. 

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

ATM just got a commitment from yet another DE transferring from UCF. Dude was a team captain, but he amassed 47 tackles and zero sacks last season. Anyway, in reading the moderators on the aggie 247 site, it appears that they're gearing up for a number of new portal exits, particularly from the DL. The strongest part of their roster, with the most talent, is at Edge and DT. They're about to exchange more 4 and 5 stars heading out for more try-hards heading into the program. 

Another thing mentioned is that they're going to be 5 guys over the scholarship limit in August if they don't have more attrition. I was kind of surprised by this until I went through it quickly. They've swapped out a ton of highly ranked talent with a mediocre recruiting class and a bunch of transfers that zero top 15 programs would have taken. I don't think people, including here, realize just how shitty and untalented their 2024 roster is going to be. I type that without knowing whatever other harm will be done to them in the upcoming portal window.

AND a shit ass HC and staff to boot. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like Texas is going to make their pitch to this fucking mercenary Bear Alexander. I disagree with it and view it as a waste of resources and a potentially terrible move for culture. The guy is a mediocrity to boot.

Explains this follow up tweet. 

Would Texas take Bear and the DT from Michigan or would it be a first one to commit type thing?

for the record I don’t trust Bear and think he is more hype than production. But people fall in love with potential every day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sounds like Texas is going to make their pitch to this fucking mercenary Bear Alexander. I disagree with it and view it as a waste of resources and a potentially terrible move for culture. The guy is a mediocrity to boot.

Fuck. Seems like he just wants another payday. I’d hate for us to give it to him. 

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Would be 5 different high schools and 3 different colleges for Alexander since 2018 if he leaves again. That is honestly impressive.

I wonder how much he's made already in college? 

It's actually quite the scam considering he's only mediocre to slightly above average. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.