2023 College World Series

Horny Bull

That's the way it goes on nights like this.  Doesn't have to move a foot to make the catch.
A few years ago I was rooting for LSU and Florida made it look easy.  I was rooting for Florida in this one and.....fuck.

You’re OK - it’s going to be “awesome” for the next couple of years! I will say that we have to hit the “portal” hard each year going forward.

Hook’em!!!

2 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Here we come - SEC next year! I know already that I’m regarded. Thanks Surly!

Hook’em!!!

I'm looking forward to how the SEC will magically cease to be the most overrated conference in numerous categories.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2023 at 6:29 PM, Gatorubet said:

Looks like 24 runs is the most runs ever scored by any team in the College World Series, finals or no.

No matter what happens tomorrow, we did manage to drag our nuts across their face in historic fashion and put LSU in the record book - sort of now to the end of time I’d expect. 

Yikes.

Congrats, Tigers. I had this sinking feeling if we didn’t get you in that first game this well could be the result. Coming out of the loser’s bracket and beating the number one and two seeds in the country is a phenomenal achievement. You are absolutely deserving of this national championship.

Congrats again.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Congrats, Tigers. I had this sinking feeling if we didn’t get you in that first game this well could be the result. Coming out of the loser’s bracket and beating the number one and two seeds in the country is a phenomenal achievement. You are absolutely deserving of this national championship.

Congrats again.

Man fuck that. Tell them they’re trash and that their state’s poor.

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Congrats again.

sec is going to be good next year 

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I really thought tonight was going to be a classic, with a great added chess match of when to bring in Skenes, etc.

Florida pitchers were gutless tonight.

That’s about the kindest thing you could say.   The last time we beat LSU in the finals I think four runs would’ve won both of the games.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:27 AM, Wally Pryor said:

Whole thing. 

Got in on LSU at plus 380 on the 13th. Best mix of power and discipline at the plate along with the dominant pitcher in the series, despite the bullpen. Coaching was a wash. What wasn't a wash was an LSU 80/20 crowd almost every game. Tonight, 90/10.  Home games, all around. Especially tonight including belt guy behind home plate. 

Bargain bet overall at almost 4:1. Big bargain given how the pen performed. 

Hedged a little yesterday after that diarrhea. Not too much. Was just one game with 20-year old kids taking t-ball swings when Johnson threw in the towel.

You don't often see 34-run turnarounds in 2 games of baseball, at any level. But at the end of the day LSU was the best team, even with Skenes sitting. Game 3 proved as such.