Coney Island Hotdog Eating Contest - July 4th. Anyone been?

PW119

Taking the wife and kids to NYC for the 4th.  Everybody wants to go to Coney Island to see the greatest living American (Sir Joseph Chestnut) defend the most coveted belt in American sport.  It could be awesome or it could be a shitshow (maybe both).  I can't find any information regarding attendance on the web.  I guess you just show up and try not to get puked on.  Anyone been?  Any advise on getting to Coney Island -assume the subway is the best choice.  Help would be appreciated.

20 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

The ride out there takes a good while. I believe the N train is the one that takes you there if memory serves correct. I have not gone to see this contest, but it seems cool. Going out to Coney Island at least once is worth the trip down there.

All right, Coney Island. Ok, you can take the B or the F and switch for the N at Broadway Lafayette, or you can go over the bridge to DeKalb and catch the Q to Atlantic Avenue, then switch to the IRT 2, 3, 4 or 5,

BUT don't get on the G. See that's very tempting, but you wind up on Smith and 9th street, then you got to get on the R.

Couldn't he just take the D straight to Coney Island?

Well, yeah...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, 6th Street said:

You really want to be surrounded by all those cretins? That's like 1,000 worse than the trash you see at the State Fair of Texas 

False.  We bathe up this part. 

This motherfucker!  He took over a dozen bites before taking a breath... 

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

False.  We bathe up this part. 

This motherfucker!  He took over a dozen bites before taking a breath... 

His youtube video where he eats 32 Big Macs to set the world record is epic.  He orders all 32 on Uber Eats and they bring all of them without fucking the order up (another world record I think).  

Edited by Ag with kids
  • Like 1

Decide to bring my mom down here this evening because it was done raining and that meant there would be far less people. I would personally not come here on the 4th, but today is cool. I used to have a friend that was a diver for the New York Aquarium before he moved away. That place is a solid reason to come here.IMG_8147.thumb.jpeg.b07f0057ad5e267768c4952d2fa4e234.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

I saw Chestnut in Vegas several years ago - hot dog eating contest in front of New York-New York. Even more disgusting in person than on tv.
There's got to be a million other things better to do than to watch that nauseating clutsterfuck on Coney Island.

This chick eats tons of shit and isn’t as gross as chestnut.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCyfrEmiyq0Bv46gpxKTMcQg

Katina eats kilos

On 6/27/2023 at 2:14 PM, C-Man said:

I can't even stand to watch that disgusting spectacle on TV. Not sure why anybody would want to see that in person.

because today we celebrate 'murica. The land of the free and the home of the gluttonous.

Joey-chestnut GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So lets add a double shot of metformin to our nacho milkshakes and get this motherfucker on! T minus 50 minutes.