I'm watching 2021 RRS

Slacks

12 hours ago, Blotto said:

Couldn't find any Holocaust documentaries to pass the time? 

Replays of RRR games that we lost are worse because I lived through it and have the PTSD.

Can't say I was around during the Holocaust.

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

49-0 and the fact that Lincoln and Bitchass left for USC, just to get completely pantsed by Utah, make that a quaint little memory. I'd never bother watching it again though outside of the first play of the ball game.

You're talking about the '22 game.  OP watched '21.

3 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Tech 08 and the 2001 Big 12 championship on the itinerary for later?

Those are classics

Just go ahead and watch squints throw 4 picks against Bama for the 09-10 championship if you want a major wrist slitting moment. The moment we went from blue blood to laughing stock for 10+ years while Bama went on an epic run. 

Revenge this next 10 years will be awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand why OP is watching. These last dozen seasons I'll sometimes watch a replay after we lose. Gotta see what they did right but then where it went wrong and what can be improved on. However, fuck that game. We collapsed when we had it in the bag. It seems like they thought the game was over at halftime.... 

11 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Tech 08 and the 2001 Big 12 championship on the itinerary for later?

7 hours ago, Zeus said:

Those are classics

Just go ahead and watch squints throw 4 picks against Bama for the 09-10 championship if you want a major wrist slitting moment. The moment we went from blue blood to laughing stock for 10+ years while Bama went on an epic run. 

Revenge this next 10 years will be awesome.

If he really wants to slit his wrists he'll also watch the 2000, 2003, 2011 and 2012 RRS games

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I understand why OP is watching. These last dozen seasons I'll sometimes watch a replay after we lose. Gotta see what they did right but then where it went wrong and what can be improved on.

I'm not a coach or a sports writer, so I don't need to watch game film to figure out what we did wrong.  I've never been able to re-watch a Longhorn loss.  Not the 08 Tceh game, not the Bama title game, and for damn sure not a single OU loss.  Sure, if there's a great play that someone wants to post, I'll watch that.  But not beyond that.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hard to forget that game, it was my son's FIRST RRS. We left early as hell from Tyler. Attended Gameday. Walked around the fair a bit. Got yelled at and mildly chased by a deranged homeless woman. Moved pregame from our upper deck seats to down low, never got moved. Watched that nut kick game. Hung out a little more at the fair.

All-in-all, the result sucked but it was a day both of us will never forget. :)

• Hook 'Em 1

For 30+ years I've always been hesitant to attend an RRS in person because of the possibility of losing and how devastating that would be to experience in person at the fair in a stadium half full of oklahomans. The RRS in 2021 was the first RRS I ever attended in person, and due to the resulting PTSD of that game, it will be at least another 30+ years before I will consider attending another. *shivers*

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

For 30+ years I've always been hesitant to attend an RRS in person because of the possibility of losing and how devastating that would be to experience in person at the fair in a stadium half full of oklahomans. The RRS in 2021 was the first RRS I ever attended in person, and due to the resulting PTSD of that game, it will be at least another 30+ years before I will consider attending another. *shivers*

The one time we lost I just told them to go fuck their sister and get the fuck out of my state.

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

OTOH beating them 49-0 in person and watching their demoralization was orgasmic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I go(or try my best to) every year. Attending 22 in person was extremely satisfying. Especially when all the cousin fuckers left the fair straight after the game. 

I think it was 2012, when OU whipped us bad, and all the faults of Brown’s regime were exposed (famous gif of the OU fullback on a long TD run down the sideline, where the best “tackling” that two Longhorn defenders could do looked like patty cake. They both ended up getting cups of coffee in the NFL). On the way out, this old Sooner dude, walking alone, stopped at the same crosswalk light as us. He looked over a couple of times like he had something to say. Finally, he let it out. “I’ve been coming to this game for 50 years! That was the worst performance by the University of Texas I have ever seen!” I had nothing to say in reply. 

I hope that old dude was alive to see last year’s game. I couldn’t believe the whole OU program just quit like that. In the first half, they were fired up, setting up trick plays to turn the momentum, and failing in the execution. In the second half, the coaches and team just couldn’t make any effort. I have seen Texas get whipped, but I have never seen that kind of “give up” from the Horns, like we saw from the Sooners. It was magnificent!

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I've got bad news for y'all. I've been to the RRS FIVE times. Here are the years I have attended:

2000: L, 63-14
2001: L, 14-3
2002: L, 35-24
2003: L, 65-13
(scared for 18 years)
2021: L, 55-48

So yeah, I have a little PTSD. I don't remember much about the first four I attended. Definitely the PTSD or maybe the alcohol. I easily saw the worst 4-5 losses in this rivalry's history. Also, I'll go ahead and apologize now... I am planning on attending this year. Sorry.

• Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, Dignan said:

I've got bad news for y'all. I've been to the RRS FIVE times. Here are the years I have attended:

(scared for 18 years)

So yeah, I have a little PTSD. I don't remember much about the first four I attended. Definitely the PTSD or maybe the alcohol. I easily saw the worst 4-5 losses in this rivalry's history. Also, I'll go ahead and apologize now... I am planning on attending this year. Sorry.

I was lowkey pissed watching the game on TV last year. I missed the perfect RRS to attend in person by 1 year. Oh well 

On 7/7/2023 at 3:56 AM, perfectchaos007 said:

Bad luck on the year you picked, for sure. We're 2-3 when I attend. Our two victories being whatever you call that bizarro experience that was 2013, and then last year. Last year was so worth it, though. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn

21 hours ago, Dignan said:

(scared for 18 years)

Stay home. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Dignan said:

(scared for 18 years)

0DC5DFA6-C547-42AE-A8F3-1BA77BC283F8.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1