2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

I once made the mistake of clicking a link with a girly name on it. She turned out to have a dick. Worse, she was with a shaved-head guy with an orange wristband bearing a longhorn logo. Neither of them seemed to worry about a onesie with a longhorn on it. 

Huh? There are star sophomore and redshirt freshman QBs dotting the landscape of every college football season. The idea that Manning couldn’t be that and he won’t be ready until year 3 is limp silliness. Get a fucking grip. 
He could be quite good his first year as a starter, of course. I'm just sayin his prime will be year 3.

36 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I once made the mistake of clicking a link with a girly name on it. She turned out to have a dick. Worse, she was with a shaved-head guy with an orange wristband bearing a longhorn logo. Neither of them seemed to worry about a onesie with a longhorn on it. 

Sounds like you clicked on Ketch's site. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

If Collins is actually going to play like Tarzan and not just look like him, that is a pretty stout front four. 

This for sure.  When he showed up I was thinking Kenneth Sims good.

If we get half of that this year,  we're good.

Edited by Laga4
  • Drool 1

56 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry talking about Arch said "there are some people who work from the couch in this industry and that comment ranks really high on the stupid" or something similar. 

Mike Ferrell has always seemed like a lazy couch-worker, much like Fat Ketch. Trust me, I know lazy when I see it.

Edited by lazygringo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Gerry and Bobby sound giddy talking a lot this team. 
this is the year. I haz teh excite. 

Siap...

15min summary of today's scrimmage

Fall Scrimmage Reactions | On Texas Football | Arch Manning | Quinn Ewers | Injury Report

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

You say all these things like they are bad things

Johntay was 1st team punt returner

No misses on field goals

Bobby keeps going on and on about the Joe DeCamillis and how good special teams will be in terms of coverage and return teams. 

Justin said Manny Muhammed is nipping on Ryan Watts heals. Sounds like Terrance Brooks is locking down that other side. 

Warren Roberson is cross training at corner and star....he's looking really good at corner. 

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

No it wasn’t. That’s a heat index north of 150 Fahrenheit and a wet bulb temperature of 95 degrees. That’s the edge of the threshold for human survival and such conditions have only been recorded on Earth a handful of times.

A baseball game in that environment would be a guaranteed mass casualty event with heat strokes and fatalities.

You've never cut grass in Beaumont in august

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This is the worst play call in football. It’s just narcissism from OCs. Low percentage trash and it angers me every time I see one. 

Whips, slants and crosses are far higher percentage routes on the goal line. 

If it were up to you Greg we'd run the option at the goal line every time. Worked out just fucking great last time against Bama. Asshole. 

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

So if if I  just boil down calling you a truck stop hooking triple penentrated sideshow piece of zero impact human leftover genetic material shit for brains bumblefucking asshole, into asshole, but we both know what I mean, then you are ok with that? I wouldnt want you to be offended.

god damn GIF
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

No it wasn’t. That’s a heat index north of 150 Fahrenheit and a wet bulb temperature of 95 degrees. That’s the edge of the threshold for human survival and such conditions have only been recorded on Earth a handful of times.

A baseball game in that environment would be a guaranteed mass casualty event with heat strokes and fatalities.

Typo

Edited by Longhornlove

Now I see what you are talking about. That was incorrect but my point stands about the black bulb temp ie. temp in the sun.

You are right, I must have misremembered or mistaken humidity for chance of rain. I do know it was miserably hot and humid and there was a temperature gauge on the field reading 125.

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Siap...

15min summary of today's scrimmage

Fall Scrimmage Reactions | On Texas Football | Arch Manning | Quinn Ewers | Injury Report

4 hours ago, Rimbo said:

You say all these things like they are bad things

4 hours ago, futureman said:

don’t say “trans people” just say people.  bigot. 

4 hours ago, lazygringo said:

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

3 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

So, free tickets?

2 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Just making certain non-bigots could recognize it. 

Porque no Burnt Ends pendejos?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/12/2023 at 7:47 AM, DalTxHornFan said:

I got invited to a "BBQ" in Wisconsin one time. 

The "BBQ" turned out to be ground beef Sloppy Joe's made with BBQ sauce and served out of a crock-pot.  At least there was plenty of cold beer being that it was Wisconsin and all, so that was nice.

That's just depressing. I wouldn't have expected actual barbecue, but I would have given Wisconsin credit enough for there to at least be a grill. 

10 hours ago, lazygringo said:

I'm sorry, the what? The projected high for that day is 88 degrees. Our boys have been running around in 105 degree temperatures. Alabama is going to feel cool and tropical to our players.

Doesnt matter either way. I remember thinking the Texas heat was gonna help us against Ohio State in 06. I quit caring about weather one way or another after that game. 

17 hours ago, Codaxx said:

No…. Lefau is a pure off ball ILB. Best comment I heard was “he doesn’t go backwards”. Had a big hit on Sanders. Came in looking advanced in coverage. His skills are very complimentary with Hill. 

He’s a very good talent at MLB. Doesn’t have the ceiling of an Ant Hill, but his floor is high.