Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

Leftover hot dogs (made at local locker from one of my hogs) from Saturday’s grill out. Topped with stone ground mustard, Whataburger spicy ketchup, kraut, pickled onions, pepperoncinis, Hatch chili pepper jack, and some chip remnants.
41eb46ba6f76cff17a4c469f3d266bd2.jpg

I dig the little epitaph card…and it appears it’s not a paper plate but perhaps the inside side of a trash can lid for a plate. It’s perfect in its next level shankism with the craft made dog and hatch pepper Jack while maintaining its street cred. Bravo!

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I dig the little epitaph card…and it appears it’s not a paper plate but perhaps the inside side of a trash can lid for a plate. It’s perfect in its next level shankism with the craft made dog and hatch pepper Jack while maintaining its street cred. Bravo!

If you told the crew down at the Elma locker that they were making "craft" hot dogs, you'd probably get punched.

20 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

The fact you knew the hog in some fashion before it became your meal elevates, yet maintains cred in my book.

Oh, it's definitely a higher quality dog when you're keeping it strictly pork or beef.  I'm just saying that a bunch of country boys who take a lot of pride in their work would bristle at being labeled "craft" or "artisan".

18 hours ago, burns_312 said:

I humbly present yesterday’s leftovers reconstituted. Kettle chips topped with pulled pork, shredded cheddar (melted), homemade mac and cheese and a BBQ drizzle. My apologies for the 4 wheel drive plate but nothing else on hand could sustain the weight.
2f1ea99208afddd8f38b8b99208d5add.jpg

I'd smash that.  Especially with a little hot sauce kicked in.  Love how you went dual carb, but completely different textures.

27 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Speaking of pulled pork, May I present the JW version of shit on a shingle:

IMG_4548.thumb.jpeg.d8ff32e6f571a35b5c468b28051648ce.jpeg

Toast, smoked carnitas from the shoulder I did Saturday including rendered fat and what not, calabacitas, shredded cheddar. “Gravy” was completely soaked up by the toast while eating. 

Toast looks wet af.

On 7/4/2023 at 8:14 PM, UTCzech III said:

May-Oct is prime church picnic time here in CenTex.  Played a picnic in Ammannsville on Father’s Day, at the end they were selling leftover fried chicken (huge pieces) for a dollar apiece and a gallon baggie full of smoked sausage for 5 bucks just to get rid of it… 

IMG_1787.jpeg

That’s a solid choice lol. 

• Drool 1

14 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Nathans hot dogs. One with sauerkraut and mustard. The other as close to a Chicago dog as I could with what I had on hand

1f2175c822ad1892acfd954d5f8f46a4.jpg

Not a bad take on the Chicago dog.  Did you not have celery salt on hand, though?

Also, I'm not sure if folks from Chicago are territorial of their hot dogs and we are about chili.  I get the sense they are, i.e., if you omit an ingredient or add something extra, you can't call it a Chicago dog.  But, I would not be opposed to putting some sauerkraut on a Chicago dog.

• Hook 'Em 2