Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 12/20/2023 at 11:13 AM, Brisketexan said:

It happens more often than you think.  I offer this observation, as I have a young male Taco Bell fan who occasionally spends time with us when he is home from school.  His typical order is, best that I can tell, the classic order: "I'd like a big bag of food, please."  He gets said big bag of food.  He consumes most of it.  But often, there is an item or two left behind, which ends up in the fridge.  

My typical move is to take the cold burrito, mush it down just slightly onto the griddle to crisp it, flip to crisp the top, and then douse with taco sauce, cheese, and whatever the hell else I want.  Similar to the post above, which is a classic move.

philosophy marx GIF

20 hours ago, deft said:

He also said something about knowing your enemy. In this case, I believe all of us share a common enemy, the porcelain bowl at home.

So wrong.

Who else takes all your shit and never complains. It (almost) never gives you shit. It’s a good friend who after “talking “ to you feel better. Who else listens to your drunken vomiting and doesn’t complain. Yeah sometimes in winter he can be a little frosty but give it minute and he warms up.  

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Has to go through my mom’s old recipe book to find a recipe for Christmas. Found this one that she’d saved, thought it belonged here:

c3b7f508cde6624ed211ac8109562895.jpg

Holy fuck broiling sardines? Is this from the "how to fast track a divorce" playbook?

May as well set up a fish cannery in your kitchen. 

Holy fuck broiling sardines? Is this from the "how to fast track a divorce" playbook?
May as well set up a fish cannery in your kitchen. 

Man….my parents was PO when they got married. My mom actually had a cookbook called “the hot dog cookbook.” And yes, every recipe was exactly what you’d expect: make a regular recipe (like a pot of rice, or some Mac and cheese), and then the last step was “cut up hot dogs, mix them in.”
Damn shame she got rid of that cookbook.

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man….my parents was PO when they got married. My mom actually had a cookbook called “the hot dog cookbook.” And yes, every recipe was exactly what you’d expect: make a regular recipe (like a pot of rice, or some Mac and cheese), and then the last step was “cut up hot dogs, mix them in.”
Damn shame she got rid of that cookbook.

Hits close to home. I eat entirely too many hot dogs from the Quik Trip that's on my way home from work. 

2 dogs and a 10 oz bag of chips is like $6.50

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/22/2023 at 10:12 PM, butthurt said:

Did we just find Steel Shank's Insta handle?

On 12/24/2023 at 7:55 AM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Breakfast was a PB and blackberry jam sandwich with buttermilk eggo waffles.

spacer.png

spacer.png

My God, that is glorious.  The perfectly toasted Eggos (which always come out a little burnt).... the PB and J nestled in to every nook.... 

Bravo, my good man. Bra. Vo.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/23/2023 at 5:26 PM, Brisketexan said:

Also, even though it doesn’t belong in this thread, SS knows it belongs in this thread…just spotted at half price books:

23aff7d4ad867d01e0c35afd07be7531.jpg

On 12/23/2023 at 6:02 PM, RPM said:

I owned that 8 Track. Ate dinner with CP once at The Keg in FtWorth when I worked in radio. But yogurt and swiss cheese have no bidness on a sardine sammich. Mustard and onion FTW.

He lived next door to my godparents in Dallas. I have no recollection, but apparently I used to get bounced on Charlie Pride's knee.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 7:19 PM, Covri said:

Leftover elotes served cold as a dip with some H‑E‑B bakery tortilla chips. Added extra topatio chilli and lime to make it so.

Those might be the best thing HEB sells. Can't stop eating them.