Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

downsign-testimony-time.gif
Oven bacon changed my life.  Every slice done consistently, perfectly crisped without any burned spots.  It's the only way to go.

We like to put in on a rack that’s slightly elevated on top of a rectangle meat pan and broil it for 5-7 minutes. As long as you pay attention or set a timer it’s perfect every time. Plus the pan traps all of the grease.
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Whatever said:

We like to put in on a rack that’s slightly elevated on top of a rectangle meat pan and broil it for 5-7 minutes. As long as you pay attention or set a timer it’s perfect every time. Plus the pan traps all of the grease.

It's great that way, but it's a real bitch trying to clean the rack completely. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Whatever said:

This is how we do ours now as well. Then I let the dog lick the grease pan. He's a big fan of BLT nights

• Like 1

Y’all don’t save that grease for making green chile cornbread?  M’f’ing dogs can eat their own food as far as I’m concerned. 

This right here. One of the best benefits of bakin bacon on a baking rack. The water bakes out, grease falls into convenient pan. Skillet bacon is usually crowded and stews in the injected water before it can crisp up. All done grease goes into crock in the ice box.

Y’all don’t save that grease for making green chile cornbread?  M’f’ing dogs can eat their own food as far as I’m concerned. 

Every Thursday I cook about 8-10 pounds of bacon and then deliver it to Neo-Nazi organizations, Sooner fans and the IRS office. I give them the leftover grease, too.